color
clarity

Will we lose more PS members May 21?

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
emeralddreams|1305995821|2927287 said:
kenny|1305994336|2927277 said:
emeralddreams|1305992130|2927261 said:
This terrifies me because I am afraid that I am going to wake up tomorrow to the news that there was a mass suicide for those who truly believed and feel they were left behind :((

That would be really tragic.
I hope this doesn't happen . . . but have you ever heard of the Darwin awards?
While in poor taste the Darwin Awards is an attempt at humor.
You can cry or you can laugh.

http://www.darwinawards.com/
snip
Charles Darwin commemorates those who assist natural selection by removing themselves from the gene pool...
Darwin Awards are given to honor those who do their best to ensure that the next generation is smarter--by one.
These heroes sacrifice their very lives to give our children a better future...

Lol. Yes, I know the Darwin Awards, and a few people who just missed the cut for top honors :bigsmile:

I heard all this stuff was supposed to happen at dinner time tonight....dinner time where? Heck, it's different in the south than it is the north, and the time zones make it different in the east than the west, and China has already eaten dinner...or they are eating tomorrow for today. Not sure which ;-) As a matter of fact, it's dinner time somewhere right now.

We should call them all up and see who's left.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny, just for the occasion I got dolled up and put on the good smelling perfume :lol: We're going out in about an hour anyway.

-A

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VapidLapid|1305937022|2926956 said:
Again? I thought the world already ended.
in about 10 minutes .. :lol:

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
It was supposed to end at 6pm EST, then progress through the time zones. We are all still alive, so EPIC FAIL.

There was a guy down the road that put a chair in his driveway with clothes laid out in it like he had been taken by the rapture. It was awesome :lol:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of clothing around town depicting "dead saved ones" which is hilarious to us. I would post pics but it seems inappropriate. We live in a university town, though, and that kind of thing is tolerated here.

SO texted me at 5:55 today (I was at work) telling me he loved me and that once again he thought the rapture nonsense was exactly that: nonsense. It was nice, although NEITHER of us believe! SO is a J, I am Ag. But we are always like, come tell me your story, can I give you $20 so I feel like you are at least sheltered tonight?

I did the Big Brothers/Big Sisters program when I was in college 15 years ago. I had a little sis who was so awesome, but one day (this was in 1999) I asked her what she wanted to be when she grew up. She replied with: "Well, I really wanted to be a veteranarian, but I won't live long enough to go to school and become that." I had seen her for about 4 months at that point, and she was 9 years old. I couldn't keep my mouth shut...I said "please don't believe everything your mom tells you." I never saw her again. Was I in the wrong? Probably. Was her mother in the wrong for allowing her child to believe that she didn't need to have ambition? Absolutely. Eh, I was 20 or 21...had no idea back then how to handle that. Since Y2K I can only hope that that little girl turned into a productive part of society. She certainly had the potential.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monnie, I think I might have put it another way. Such as, do you know why your mother thinks that? Then regardless of the reply, I would have said that the book from my particular faith says that NO ONE knows the day or hour of the return of C. So anyone predicting a date is really totally operating out of their own motives and nothing else. Lots of wackos out there, for sure!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1306047847|2927632 said:
I did the Big Brothers/Big Sisters program when I was in college 15 years ago. I had a little sis who was so awesome, but one day (this was in 1999) I asked her what she wanted to be when she grew up. She replied with: "Well, I really wanted to be a veteranarian, but I won't live long enough to go to school and become that." I had seen her for about 4 months at that point, and she was 9 years old. I couldn't keep my mouth shut...I said "please don't believe everything your mom tells you." I never saw her again. Was I in the wrong? Probably. Was her mother in the wrong for allowing her child to believe that she didn't need to have ambition? Absolutely. Eh, I was 20 or 21...had no idea back then how to handle that. Since Y2K I can only hope that that little girl turned into a productive part of society. She certainly had the potential.
I think this was a fine thing to say for a 20 year old to say to a 9 year old. A big sister moment. And she probably already knew by the age of 9, that her mother had some issues with reality.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results