shape
carat
color
clarity

Will trick or treaters knocking on your door get candy this Halloween?

Will trick or treaters knocking on your door get candy this Halloween?

• 1 Absolutely not

Votes: 27 61.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 Probably not

Votes: 3 6.8%

• 5 Undecided

Votes: 1 2.3%

• 7 Probably

Votes: 2 4.5%

• 9 Yes, Absolutely

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • 10 Other, please explain

Votes: 2 4.5%

• Total voters

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
I don't think so. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays.

We usually go with our nephews & niece around their neighborhood. They are 7, 2 and 10 months. No way they are taking candy from strangers right now. Especially since one of the twins has asthma.

I will still decorate the outside of the house like normal. I just told my husband that September 1st means Halloween decorations come out hahahaha

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nobody ever comes to our door. There are no sidewalks and the houses are pretty far apart. I still like to put a jack-o-lantern out.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, our neighborhood is leaning more towards the "bucket outside" approach since many don't get home from work early enough anyway to participate. I'm going to make little baggies so kids aren't digging their hands into a bucket either.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
most people don't do Halloween here but i know how you Americans love it so i make an effort
for the kids nearby so they have someplace safe to trick or treat
i have been known to chase kids down the street to get them to come in my gate !
i always comment on their custumes

and its true i do look forward to pigging out on the leftovers

precovid i had thought about going over to see the houses across the street where the kids live to tell the mothers to send them over but i won't now
although i still plan to buy some of those mini chocolate bars incase anyone knocks on our door
so long as we are not in level 3 or 4

covid 19 just kills everybodies fun
its not fair on anybody
its another slap in the face for retailers in America but its only a fairly small thing here, i wonder if supermarkets might even try to cancel their preorders

i hope parents dont let their kids out and just treat them at home

Last edited:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do give out candy for Halloween. In our neighborhood everything is setup in the driveway (its FL after all!!) It was 80+ degrees last halloween though I had a pretty decent stream of kids but yeah, add the pandemic on top I doubt there's going to be many. And unless I develop some antibodies between now and then, its a definite no this year for me.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not even doing the bucket outside. Kids should stay home IMO. Parents can buy them treats if they choose, or have alternate plans. But that's just me. I'm immunocompromised so no chances will be taken here.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
if they have it I will pass candy out...our numbers at our house have dwindled ever since 9/11 for whatever reason, I always have multiple bags left over, I send them to work with hubby

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results