shape
carat
color
clarity

Will Tiffany setting with a non Tiffany diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dallasalien

Rough_Rock
Does anyone know of Tiffany will sell a setting only, to someone who brings in their own diamond? I would think that it is very unlikely, but just wanted to ask.

RockyRay

Rough_Rock
Very Good Question.. I'm curious too.. Although I highly Doubt it

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Nope.

MARIAV75

Rough_Rock
but you can easily get a Tiffany style setting very close to Tiffany's.. a jeweler can do something for you!!

digitring

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 6/19/2003 7:54:22 AM Dallasalien wrote:

Does anyone know of Tiffany will sell a setting only, to someone who brings in their own diamond? I would think that it is very unlikely, but just wanted to ask.----------------

They won't do this for sure. I asked this question in person at a Tiffany store. Tiffany is very against the concept of choosing a loose diamond and pickup your ring setting. They consider the whole diamond ring as a unique piece of design. Every loose diamond is different and should be tailored to different ring set accordingly to maxmize the beauty of the e-ring. And each Tiffany e-ring has its own registration number engraved with a certicate for the diamond quality. The registeration number is stored in their central database. They will refuse to sell you the setting only. If you like the classic Tiffany Style Solitaire, the closest replica I can find on the net so far, should be SuperbCert. (www.superbcert.com)

elmo65

Rough_Rock
I asked Tiffany that very question and the sales clerk told me there is no chance of getting a setting without the center stone. They have high requirements for a diamond to be labelled a Tiffany diamond and they do not want any diamonds of a lesser quality to represent their product in a setting. The only way to make sure that doesn't happen is to not sell the settings separately. While it's a bummer, I can understand where they are coming from.... Tiffany is all about the quality and fantasy of jewelry....

blitz

Rough_Rock
Three weeks ago a client brought in a ring comprised of an Elsa Peretti 18 karat white gold band with one flush set diamond (0.10 carat). Low and behold someone had mounted a four prong head on it with a diamond. The client purchased it out of Florida. He was unsure if the seller had represented it as being Tiffany, just remembers being told that the ring was signed. Aside from the noticable solder marks (head to band) it looked good. And the clients were thrilled to have it. Not advocating this type of "marriage" just passing along a story

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I called Tiffany and tried to get a stone set into a pendant design they carry and the salesman said no this could not be done, so I had a replica made by a reputable jeweler in my area.
2.gif

Michelle

digitring

Rough_Rock
Some scenarios may be possible. My friend and I went to a Tiffany store, we both were looking e-ring. He's particularly interested on the heart-shape diamond with side stones setting. We saw a very beautiful heart-shape tiffany diamond e-ring but on a solitarie setting. The Tiffany senior sales told us the heart shape stone is designed and looks very pretty on a solitarie setting, if it's set with side stones, it will distract the beauty of the heart diamond. That's why Tiffany doesn't make Heart e-ring with side stones. We agreed, but my friend did have a pretty harsh requirement. His gf wants her e-ring in such a specific way. So, we asked the Tiffany senior sales for any solutions. She told us it's possible to propose the "Heart with Side Stones" to the Tiffany designers, they will look at it and see whether the proposed design is acceptable. Once it's approved, Tiffany can make one for my friend. It's more like a special custom made request. However, the minimium time we were told would be at least 6 to 8 months. And it could be very costy.
sad.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results