shape
carat
color
clarity

Will this inclusion be visible? Is this diamond OK?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ready2AskHer

Rough_Rock
I'm ready to get engaged but buying a ring is pretty complicated. I don't know how you guys keep your info straight. This forum has been endlessly helpful. I've gone through all the tutorials but still need help. In my lack of knowledge I've been looking at this stone.
I'm thinking about having it sent for appraisal. I have a copy of the GIA report. Can you guys let me know what you think?
The dealer has seen the stone and said there's a crystal in it that you can see from the bottom and that the crystal has a bit of a reflection but that it is definitely properly graded at VS2 and not an SI1 (the dealer is probably the most reputable dealer on Pricescope who said it!). He said it can also be hidden with the mounting prong. But it looks like a good deal for an E VS2 (the lowest I want to go is F VS2 90 points). I ran it on the HCA and it scored a 0.7. Does that basically mean it will be a good stone? Here's the info from the report...

GIA REPORT
Dec 6, 2005
Shape: Round Billiant
Dimensions: 6.11x6.19x3.79
Size: .90 carat
Color: E
Clarity: VS2
Cut: Excellent
Polish: VG
Sym: VG
Fluorescence: None
Comments: Pinpoints not shown
Pavillion angle: 40.4
Crown angle: 35.0
Total depth: 61.6
pavillion depth: 42.5
Table: 57
crown height: 15%
Girdle: medium-slightly thick (faceted)
culet: none

What do you guys think of the stone?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't have thought the inclusion would be visible with a GIA graded VS diamond, especially when mounted - should be a safe choice. This diamond could be a real winner with the HCA score too - definitely worth investigating further!
30.gif
30.gif
Don't forget clarity is graded face up too, I am sure you will be fine if you decide to go with this diamond
3.gif

Ready2AskHer

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/16/2006 1:12:22 PM
Author: Lorelei
I wouldn't have thought the inclusion would be visible with a GIA graded VS diamond, especially when mounted - should be a safe choice. This diamond could be a real winner with the HCA score too - definitely worth investigating further!
30.gif
30.gif
Lorelei,
On an off note, there used to be a great restaurant in the Floriday Keys called Lorelei's. It was wiped out in Katrina unfortunately and is not reopening. But it was a favorite of many people's. I digress....thanks for the input. That is the definition of VS right? That it ISN'T visible with a naked eye?
Derek

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No relation!
9.gif

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
I also agree with Lorelei, I think it could be a real winner. VS means very slight so that usually means that the naked eye can''t see the inclusion. I would further check into the stone if you really like it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results