shape
carat
color
clarity

Will these stones work for graduated 5 stone ring

livewithease

Shiny_Rock
BG came back to me with a few pics of stones for a graduated fives stone ring in their trellis II setting. Would love to hear opinions if you think these stones/proportions look good. I'm looking for a subtle graduation vs one where the center stone really pops.

Not sure how. I feel about having the center stone in G and all the rest in F. Ideally I'd like the same color. I'm also wondering if I need to find a slightly smaller center or slightly larger middle stones.

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/0.237-f-vs2-round-diamond-ags-c-104077046083

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/0.308-f-si1-round-diamond-ags-104070383046

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/0.418-g-si1-round-diamond-ags-c-104074256120

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/0.303-f-si1-round-diamond-ags-104070275079

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/0.231-f-vs2-round-diamond-ags-c-104077046091

Proportions:
4.79 X 4.31 X 3.98

_29702.jpg

_29703.jpg

_29704.jpg

livewithease

Shiny_Rock
And the last image is just an example of one I like.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm. How do you feel?
I wouldn't go smaller,particularly because I mean, if yoy go smaller, you might as well use your grandmothers stone and not buy another one at the same size - kwim?
Did you only contact grace for side stones. Did you try Erica at love affair diamonds? I feel like she already has a lot of smaller stones not listed on her site.

As for those? I like them as they are, I dont think you need to monkey with the proportions

:)

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
I think the stones look lovely and the proportions work. The graduated size is noticeable but minor which is how I like it best.

livewithease

Shiny_Rock
Niel you have a very valid point. I'm still waiting on a local store to come back to me with costs for four additional stones in .37 or a graduated look with a larger center .50 and then matching side stones. If the cost comes back less I will definitely move forward this way.
I did contact Grace and she gave me some estimates ($1400 for larger than 0.50 and $1200 for a matching stone and side stones). I thought these costs sounded good but I'd rather do it locally so I can see the different proportions vs seeing them virtually.

If I do use older stones should I only purchase the setting from BG and have a local store set it or have the stones sent to BG to set?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
livewithease|1430272875|3869401 said:
Niel you have a very valid point. I'm still waiting on a local store to come back to me with costs for four additional stones in .37 or a graduated look with a larger center .50 and then matching side stones. If the cost comes back less I will definitely move forward this way.
I did contact Grace and she gave me some estimates ($1400 for larger than 0.50 and $1200 for a matching stone and side stones). I thought these costs sounded good but I'd rather do it locally so I can see the different proportions vs seeing them virtually.

If I do use older stones should I only purchase the setting from BG and have a local store set it or have the stones sent to BG to set?
I believe they will send your stones , though I would ask them. However, I'd give your local vendor a chance if they sell a setting you like, then you could try them on in person, I know that would help put your mind at ease about it.

livewithease

Shiny_Rock
Okay so I finally saw the older stones that match my grandmothers and I've decided to give them a first shot. The stones are slightly bigger as well as cheaper which makes it hard to pass up. The specs are .60, .41, .25.

.60 - 5.45
.41 - 4.5
.25 - 3.98

So my plan right now is to purchase the trellis 11 setting from BG and look at it next to the stones to make sure I love the two together. This will also allow me to try on the setting and even play around the the proportions of the stones (kinda thinking I could go a tad smaller for the center stone). If I like the two together I will either have the local shop that sourced the stones set it or send everything back to BG to set. If I don't love the setting my local shop said they could create something for me.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
livewithease|1430517315|3870826 said:
Okay so I finally saw the older stones that match my grandmothers and I've decided to give them a first shot. The stones are slightly bigger as well as cheaper which makes it hard to pass up. The specs are .60, .41, .25.

.60 - 5.45
.41 - 4.5
.25 - 3.98

So my plan right now is to purchase the trellis 11 setting from BG and look at it next to the stones to make sure I love the two together. This will also allow me to try on the setting and even play around the the proportions of the stones (kinda thinking I could go a tad smaller for the center stone). If I like the two together I will either have the local shop that sourced the stones set it or send everything back to BG to set. If I don't love the setting my local shop said they could create something for me.

I like those proportions - I think that will make for a very nice ring! I'm unclear though as to what's happening. Are you mixing old and new stones, or getting all five stones from the same source and (presumably) era?

livewithease

Shiny_Rock
Decided to get 4 additional OEC stones to match my existing one. I saw the stones today and they looked great but I'm absolutely no expert. Are there any steps I should take before purchasing the stones?

Also looks like I have to send the stones to BG so they can set it but I can still return it within 15 days if I don't love it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results