shape
carat
color
clarity

Will she love it????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lvogts

Rough_Rock
I''m having this ring made for my special lady, I wanted to get some input from others on what you all think of this. It''s going to be a 2k lime green sapphire mounted in this Claude Thibadeau setting of platinum and 24k gold. I just fell in love with this setting and I like to be different, seems everyone uses diamonds.........I think it''s just awesome......We have both been married before and I''m not sure I''m going to use it as a proposal ring, we both say we''ll never marry again, but maybe some input from you all out there will guide me in the right path............Let me know what you all think of this awesome ring!!!!

New Image.JPG

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Oooooh, I love it! So unique and interesting!! I think she''ll get LOTS of compliments on that, buddy. :) Keep us filled in, and post those hand pics as soon as it makes it to her hand!!! :)

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I personally think it is a very unique ring, but the more important thing is to make sure that SHE will like this type of ring.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
The short answer is....maybe!

It''s a very different style and she might LOVE it, but it''s such a specific look that??? Maybe not? I think it''s funky and unique...and w/ a 2ct stone will be really eye-catching, but I would want to make sure it was her style. I''ve never seen anything like that and I agree--people will notice it for sure!!

lvogts

Rough_Rock
She, (Liz) wears a lot of green........It''s hard, I just can''t ask her do you like this ring.........The green was a hard choice.........It''s one of those love or hate colors......the ring looks sweet with a light purple or pink also...........this lime green stone was super hard to find..........it really stands out.....I do hope she likes it.......I''ve been paying for this ring for what seems forever..............I can''t wait to give it to her.......I''m still thinking of how to do it!!!!........Thanks for the input so far!!!!!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Well you obviously know her style and taste, and if there was something about it that just spoke to you...("take me home.....put me on Liz''s finger...."
2.gif
) then you have to listen to your gut.

(And worst case, you pick something else out together!!)

You must post mandatory hand-pics when she gets the ring!!

lvogts

Rough_Rock
I should be done paying for it by Oct!!!....I''ll post pix when she get''s it..........Probably on her bday.........oct 1!!!!

The setting did talk to me when I saw it.........I saw it with a 1.5k diamond in it..........I''m a huge fan of colored stones. I''ve had a jeweler looking for this lime green store for a couple of months............She found it and the stone is being cut form a rough as we chat. The rough came from south asia I believe..............some totally pour city...........It''s just exciting........wanting somehting so bad and haviing to pay for it.........It will probalby mean more to me than her!!!!!!!......It will be something she will have forever...........so cool !!!!................

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
OMG!!! My jaw hit the floor with that green, it is my absolute favorite color and even better if it glows in the dark too! It would completely work for me, as a RHR. Great design. It''s the kind of ring that you''d have to have intimate knowledge of a person''s style and tastes to present it as a gift or surprise. Either love it or hate it.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
omigod! that sapphire... i wish i could find one like that (not that i''ve actually tried). i''m a green-wearing girl too (i have eyes to match!) and would love to have a bright green sapphire. i think the setting is pretty cool, but not sure if i would wear it. is there some way you could find out if she would like it?

Rube

Shiny_Rock
I think that ring is unique AND stunning. I would wear it in a hearbeat!

I agree with everyone else, if it reminded you of her in so many ways, she''ll probably love it. You must know her taste a little by now.
26.gif

Do keep us updated! And I''m sure if you need proposal help, the proposal board would be glad to assist.
35.gif

mightyred

Shiny_Rock
That is definately one of a kind and stunning but particular kudos to you for searching for a stone in a colour that she wears and likes ! I love the style and it prompted me to go check out his designs!

http://www.claudethibaudeau.com/

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
From what you say about Liz, this will be a one-of-a-kind that she will adore.
1.gif

PS I think the setting is incredibly beautiful.

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
She will love that you put so much time and effort into this ring!!!!

let us know what happens!!

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
It is lovely... what the spec on sapphire.. so you another picture of the sapphire?

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I personally love Claude Thibadeau settings, but I like all jewelry that is a little unique and interesting. You know her style best, and I''m sure you would not have chosen this modern design if she normally wears all vintage jewelry. Trust you own judgement. You''ve put a lot of thought and effort into getting just the right stone (which is going to be awesome). I''m sure when you give it to her, she''ll know it came from the heart.

Don''t forget to post those hand shots!!!

DiamondLil

lvogts

Rough_Rock
The custom lime green sapphire came in today........It''s so beautiful..........believe me when I tell you the Pix do no justice to the true beauty of this stone........it''s a 1.9 k ideal cut, VS clearity lime green sapphire.........This color is very rare from what I''ve been told.........You''d mistake it for a green diamond if you didn''t know better..........I''m so excited to get it set into the ring.....I just need to finish up paying for it which has been a long journey it self!!........All the guy''s that are paying on a ring will know what I''m talking about...........lol........I''m so excited to get it done.....Liz is going to stroke out when she get''s this awesome ring........what are your thought''s on this out there in cybe space????????????????????

jems 002.jpg

lvogts

Rough_Rock
another angle

jems 019.jpg

lvogts

Rough_Rock
another

jems 022.jpg

lvogts

Rough_Rock
one more

jems 001.jpg

lvogts

Rough_Rock
yet another

jems 005.jpg

lvogts

Rough_Rock
last one

jems 007.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/14/2005 4:51:49 PM
Author: lvogts

This color is very rare from what I''ve been told..
This sounds right, and it is even less usual to find a nicely cut round. If you haven''t said what this is, my guess would have been grossular garnet. There might not be too many of those either, but the mint green light color is their trademark.

Very nice !
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s very pretty!! I love that shade of green.
36.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
oooh very pretty!! can''t wait to see the finished ring
36.gif

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
that is a beautiful sapphire. I think the color is much nicer looking in the photos than the one in the mock up. It actually looks like it has a hint of blue in it (versus yellow)

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!!!
emsmiled.gif
This is gorgeous!!! Thanks for sharing...I can hardly wait to see it in the setting you choose...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
DeannaBana,
The setting he chose was in the first post of this thread. Also it's in his avatar.
2.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Holy moly, what a stone!! It''s going to look amazing!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is unique and should set beautifully. Maybe you could show her a photo of the setting with a white diamond in it, and say that a guy you know was thinking of giving this to his girlfriend and get her opinion on it. Try to pick someone she does not know well enough to question them about the ring if she sees him, but enlist her help so she can comment freely. If by any chance she does not seem to love the setting, have an plan b! Or, if there is a local jeweler who carries that designer, try to have lunch near by one Saturday and "window shop". Girls need NO excuse to pop into a jewelry store and take a peek at things, so once inside you could pretend you just happened to see this setting and see if she comments... I assume you know she loves green...it happens to be a stunning airy color and so unusual...hope my ideas help...it is so great to open a gift and love it, and you want that reaction I am sure, after all your hard work!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results