shape
carat
color
clarity

Will she like it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FlyfishermanMike

Rough_Rock
When asking about what she likes I''ve recieved all kinds of answers. She has said that what even I pick out will be perfect but then goes on to tell me what she likes and hates :) Her biggest thing has been she doesn''t want what everyone else has. She really like antique style rings. She''s doesn''t want a big diamond or something really glitzy and showy. She doesn''t want other diamonds on the ring but really like filigree. She hate diamonds that stick up high off the setting and big prongs. All the stores we''ve been in she just doesn''t like any of the new rings. She says everything looks the same. She''s a little discouraged and doesn''t think this will happen anytime soon. I''m hoping to surprise her and hopefully I will have found what she wants. She sounds picky but in the end she just wants a ring and to get married. Here''s what I''ve found:

wac3241qv.jpg

wac3295jd.jpg

wac3262ev.jpg

It''s simple and not too flashy but still different and antiquish. What do you think?

^^ike

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is lovely. It sounds as if you know her tastes well. I think I know who she is maybe...oooohhh the suspense. What kind of wedding band would you do with it?!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/24/2006 1:36:40 AM
Author: diamondfan
It is lovely. It sounds as if you know her tastes well. I think I know who she is maybe...oooohhh the suspense. What kind of wedding band would you do with it?!
I think our other flyflisher is already happily engaged to his lovely lady.
2.gif

Flyfishermike, do you think she''d want her wedding band to sit close to her e-ring? Because I don''t think the one you picked out will allows that.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS. I think you covered all the bases and I personally LOVE that ring. It reminds me very much of an actual antique ring I inherited ... though your center stone is MUCH MUCH larger
30.gif
31.gif
. If I'd gone for a round stone I would have picked out something almost identical to that (and tried on a LOVELY one). GOOD WORK! (hand pix pls when you get 'em!!)

As to the wedding ring not being able to sit flush ... there are ways around that. You could find, or have made, a curved wedding band that would work with that e-ring ... or mix-n-match with a similarly styled ring that has a small gap between the e-ring and itself.

36.gif
36.gif

ETA: what I love so much about milligrain & filigree, is that it really makes the diamond POP. Provides a interesting but not "in your face" backdrop to the centerstone. TEXTURE. Glimmer. And then WHAM - ROCK!!!

FlyfishermanMike

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the support. Finding a wedding band is the next step which she''ll be heavily involved with. Luckily I have some extra funds so if I need something specially made up it shouldn''t be a problem. I''m thinking a simple thin band with some filigree that bends to fit the e-ring. Something kind of like these:

antiquejewelrymall189156524088.jpg

antiquejewelrymall189145590166.jpg

^^ike

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~That ring is gorgeous!! She''ll love it!!
30.gif

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh - I like that e-ring setting! Where is it from??????

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s fabulous. I love, love, love it. I adore antique rings and this one is no exception. My grandmother had a e-ring that was similar. She wore of very thin pave band with it. there was a gap but I always loved how it looked on her. A curved band would look nice too and I''ve seen a lot of antique sets that do that. Congrats, you did wonderfully.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I think given all the criteria you were given, its a perfect choice. Very pretty, classic yet different. I also like the low profile. And I agree with her point that having a high setting is not a good thing. My husband knows I don''t like high rings also. They tend to get snagged on things.

Perfect choice!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That is a beautiful, elegant, and unique setting!!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Very Pretty!
36.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh, it''s gorgeous and it sounds like it''s exactly what she wants!!!
9.gif
Great choice!!!! And also...thanks for paying attention to her and listening to what she really wants and following her advice! That''s always great to see guys doing!
9.gif
She''ll LOVE it!!!
30.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful ring!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, it''s stunning. She''s going to love it!!!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
She''ll love it. Gorgeous.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely setting. It sounds like it will be perfect, based on what you said she likes/dislikes. Congrats! Hand shots after you propose please!
21.gif
I love the profile shot of that setting with the tiny leaves.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is gorgeous!!! She''s a lucky lady for having a man who *really listens* to her. If only all hubbies were like that!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
oh wow, it''s beautiful! I am sure you know her tastes best! :)

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh, it is absolutely beautiful!!! She is going to just love it!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
umm, heck yeah she''ll adore it!! gorgeous
36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I''d guess YES, since it is such a beautiful ring.....
30.gif

cheers--Sharon

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like you found the perfect ring - it fits all the requirements!

Congrats - she is a lucky lady to have someone really look for something that she liked - please let us know her response. I know it will be positive!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just gorgeous - love the antique, vintage feel. I think she''s gonna love it!

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
that is a beautiful ring! She will love it!

bisbeeaz

Rough_Rock
Where did you find that setting? I love it!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
wooo, i really like it :)

FlyfishermanMike

Rough_Rock
Hey all, thanks for your support and good words. Things went great and she loves it!!! I asked up our favorite canyon in the mountains, overlooking a beautiful waterfall. She was caught off guard and surprised and more importantly she said yes! We''ve been dating for a few years so we are having a short engagement so the big day is July 27. We need to get it upped a half size and then I''ll post so hand shots. We are going to look for a wedding band and I''ll post those as well. For those that asked, it is an antique ring that I found through an antique ring dealer on the net. The ring is even more beautiful in person and the diamond is even better than I''d hoped. Thanks again.

^^ike

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the engagement. I also wanted a ring to look antique. I LOVE YOUR WEDDING DATE!!!! That is MY WEDDING DATE. This yr will be our 10th Wedding anniversary! Good choice. Special and lucky day! The ring is beautiful and it seems like you nailed it with your choice! GL

Annette

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results