shape
carat
color
clarity

Will I need a spacer?

winetime12

Shiny_Rock
This is a wedding band I’m considering, both my e ring and band are platinum. I also have a plain band but I do prefer the bling of the half eternity. I don’t like the bulk of a spacer though, I’d consider soldering to prevent rubbing.
41C175EB-CED0-44C5-BD13-4C05F832C453.jpeg FB30DD64-3B98-405C-AD5E-0195D9F1033C.jpeg EC4D52C7-69F7-4EC7-80BF-9951B611253D.jpeg

This is the plain band which I do like because it sits flush, won’t rub and doesn’t matter which way it turns (as opposed to a half eternity which will always have to be adjusted to face up)
FCD97266-AD53-4A17-891F-BC0A93BD7796.jpeg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually saw something interesting on a ring the other day and wish I had saved the picture. You could have a little platinum bead put on the base of your engagement ring to make the band sit slightly further away and therefore save your prongs and not have to solder them or wear a band in between. It could always be removed later if you wanted to change bands.

RockFox

Shiny_Rock
Hi :)

I really like the eternity, very pretty with your ER. Based on how it is sitting against the claw prongs in the second photo I would, for safety, say a spacer is a good bet. I have a 1mm platinum spacer I bought off Etsy that is so tiny you can barely see it but it creates just enough of a gap that it protects the prongs. There are plenty of options that wouldn’t take away from the overall look. You could always also do a spacer with some texture (bubbles or rope detail) for a fun touch. Personally, and this is solely personal preference, I wouldn’t solder bands. Tastes change and you might want to play your stack up or down and might want to wear the eternity alone - for example, I love wearing my eternity with my plain band on low key days.

RockFox

Shiny_Rock
I actually saw something interesting on a ring the other day and wish I had saved the picture. You could have a little platinum bead put on the base of your engagement ring to make the band sit slightly further away and therefore save your prongs and not have to solder them or wear a band in between. It could always be removed later if you wanted to change bands.

Oh. That sounds like a brilliant idea too :)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
The photo looks perfect as is
the tiny bit of air looks in proportion
But i would hate one ring to eat the other but not all ring combos do this
I actually do not know anyone who has this problem or uses a spacer
But if it looks good and you want it to be sure, go for it

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t like the bulk of a spacer though, I’d consider soldering to prevent rubbing.

Don't do it, b/c you'll be sorry. Better to use a spacer ring if the girdle of your band come in contact with your Ering prong.

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
I wouldn’t solder it in the event you want to change your wedding bands. I ordered this spacer and it’s thin but works perfectly
BCA46EC7-363A-4356-9B7B-1FCAD5B2A0D2.jpeg

Where did you get this spacer? Would you mind to share it? I’ve been looking for something like this. Thank you

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
Where did you get this spacer? Would you mind to share it? I’ve been looking for something like this. Thank you

If course, it’s from Social Value on Etsy. The reason I like it is because the opening hugs any engagement ring that has the head stick out on the band (Tiffany style 6 or 4 prong).

Here’s the link:

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
If course, it’s from Social Value on Etsy. The reason I like it is because the opening hugs any engagement ring that has the head stick out on the band (Tiffany style 6 or 4 prong).

Here’s the link:

Thank youuu!!! I was looking at claw rings but I don’t like how it has 3rows smaller diamonds, I’m looking for just 1 row pave like yours, thank you for sharing!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results