shape
carat
color
clarity

Will an asscher fit into a round setting?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
If the asscher is a little bit smaller than the round setting is for, will it fit? Please excuse me if this is a really ridiculous question!! Thanks in advance. ::)

wedge

Rough_Rock
Is it 4-prong? 6-prong? Bezel?

Most common is probably 6-prong... which I think an asscher would look odd in...

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've fit a step cut square stone in a 4 prong setting (my spessartite) meant for a round - just had to make sure the setting was deep enough to take it. Have any examples of what you're looking at?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Lauren and Wedge! :))

Its a basic 4 prong.

Its the LOGR meant for a 5.5mm princess cut stone with tapered baguettes, modified for a round instead. I upgraded/customized so much that I felt like it would be a waste to return it (the stone I wanted to set in it didn't look as good in WG as I thought it would). So, now I'm "stuck" with a mount . I love the look of a step cut center with tapered baguettes, so I'm interested in a little asscher for this mount. The prongs are fairly long-ish and the basket deeper/set higher than some of the other LOGR's I've got, so hopefully this will work.

LOGR Baguette.jpg

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Dang it, I just bought another one. These things really are addictive. I'm past my 5th one. :-o

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results