shape
carat
color
clarity

Will 9mm asscher fit 9mm cushion mounting?

madams

Rough_Rock
I just purchased this asscher citrine and am wondering if it will fit this lanbo4 mounting for a 9mm cushion stone?

http://www.bespoke-gems.com/images/gemstones/custom/138

Stone : Citrine
Cut By : Doug Menadue, 2009
Item : #138
Design : Egyptian Asscher Cut
Origin : Brazil
Treatments : None
Weight : 3.8 carats
Clarity : Eye Clean
Colour : Y8
Size : 9mm
Price : SOL

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cushion-9x9mm-14Kt-WG-Gold-0-46Ct-Diamond-Mounting-Ring-/200640238151?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb7171247

I would love your thoughts on WG VS YG or any other suggestions you would have about setting this stone!

Thanks in advance for your help!

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I'm bumping this, for I can't help, but others may be able to.

Annette

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I can't help, but if you ask the seller they'll tell you if it would work.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It COULD be done but might look odd because:

1. If it's a normal asscher cut (and I can't view it because your link doesn't work) with cut corners, the prongs may not be in the right place and there may well be a peculiar air line at the corners.

2. More importantly, a cushion has rounded sides - if you look at the setting you can see how rounded it is. Your asscher will have straight edges so, once set, you'll see an airline running down the edges of the stone more prominently towards the middle of the stone. It will look like a setting for a different shaped stone. For some people this will drive them bonkers! Others will be quite happy with this look.

However, LOGR and Lanbo will customise settings (for a fee) so they may be able to adjust for an asscher - they can adjust some settings and not others. If you go down this route please be aware that your instructions need to be VERY explicit and should include a photo of your gem with dimensions of the stone in all directions - including depth as your asscher may well be deeper than a cushion. Lanbo is typically (in my experience) better with customisation as LOGR can be a little hit and miss. Also, be aware that if you return the setting (to LOGR not sure about Lanbo), they will deduct a fee because it's been customised.

Hope that helps.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I would pay the money adjust for an asscher cut for the reasons that LD already stated. Becasue a cushion is more pillowy then an asscher I would worry about airlines on the ring.

madams

Rough_Rock
Thanks LD and Sarahbear for your suggestions. I will contact lanbo for customized possibilities and costs once I receive the stone.

madams

Rough_Rock
Thanks LD and Sarahbear for your suggestions. I will contact lanbo for customized possibilities and costs once I receive the stone.

kt

Shiny_Rock
Gah! i just asked LOGR to change an oval setting to fit my cushion cut - it's precision cut and I gave them the exact dimensions so i hope it comes through ok!!!!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
kt|1313113642|2989000 said:
Gah! i just asked LOGR to change an oval setting to fit my cushion cut - it's precision cut and I gave them the exact dimensions so i hope it comes through ok!!!!

I have had several rings by them customized and they always seem to do a good job. Something get lost in translation though so check the ring carefully when you get it!

madams

Rough_Rock
Good luck KT on your project! I have emailed them but not heard back (and I don't have the exact stone dimensions).

kt

Shiny_Rock
I will say they have been GREAT with communications throughout, answering my questions and confirming the order so i'm hoping they do the same for you!!! I'll keep you posted how the setting goes, I should get it in a couple of weeks....

madams

Rough_Rock
I will look forward to hearing more about your project!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results