shape
carat
color
clarity

Will 6mm fit into this?

bluegirl123

Rough_Rock
Hey guys,

I have a 6mm pink tourmaline, will it fit into this 6.5mm setting?

Thanks!

Screen shot 2011-06-10 at 5.25.04 PM.png

Michael_E

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Maybe, but I'd recommend just pulling the head and putting your tourmaline in a new head. using old white gold heads gives you about a 50% chance of having some of the old prong tips breaking off during the removal or the reset. Using a new head would also be much less risky for the tourmaline, as the new head will be softer and bend easier, requiring less force for a tight setting job.

bluegirl123

Rough_Rock
Thanks Michael.

Turns out my hubby doesnt like the setting (he despises the scroll thingies) so it's not gonna happen anyways now.

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
sitting here, trying to imagine a hubby having an opinion about scrolls....

your rarest find may not be a CS at all, bluegirl

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Michael_E|1307753281|2942967 said:
Maybe, but I'd recommend just pulling the head and putting your tourmaline in a new head. using old white gold heads gives you about a 50% chance of having some of the old prong tips breaking off during the removal or the reset. Using a new head would also be much less risky for the tourmaline, as the new head will be softer and bend easier, requiring less force for a tight setting job.

I would use a new head and with four prongs as well. I think six pronged settings are more suitable for stones that are more expensive, like diamonds. They really cover too much of the stone otherwise, especially if it's 6mm in size.

Can't believe your husband doesn't like that ring. What's wrong with it?? :confused: I think it's very pretty.

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
My DH thinks everything is "pretty" and some of my "jewelry" shows it ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

bluegirl123

Rough_Rock
hehe :)

He likes clean simple lines, so the scrolls are too ornate. He really likes the daniel m solitaires ;-)

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
faegrace|1307761722|2943067 said:
sitting here, trying to imagine a hubby having an opinion about scrolls....

your rarest find may not be a CS at all, bluegirl
:lol: :lol: My opinion too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results