shape
carat
color
clarity

Wifey's new JXR Christmas present

Haywood74

Shiny_Rock
Here's a few shots of my wife's new JXR RHR that was custom made for her at a local jeweler. The center stone was cut by George Ellis from some rough I provided him and I think is around 3 cts. On first glance, it appears to be set behind the bars along the edges, however it is prong set. I'd never seen anything like it and about fell out of the chair when the jeweler showed me the CAD's. Nothing at all what I had asked for, but I was sold on it the second I saw it. The little side diamonds are 6-7 pointers I think.

JXRRHR1.jpg

JXRRHR2.jpg

JXRRHR3.jpg

JXRRHR4.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous :love: What an awesome Christmas gift! And it's a beautiful shade of purple-- what is the stone?

Your jeweler really did a great job.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Neat design! I love it!

Haywood74

Shiny_Rock
baby nurse|1293332929|2806046 said:
And it's a beautiful shade of purple-- what is the stone?

Your jeweler really did a great job.
It's a Jackson's Crossroads Amethyst from Georgia. I forgot to mention that the "blue-flash" in this one was really good before it was set. Not that it's set in the ring, the blue component is an awesome electric blue. It really flashes strong blue in the right light. Just noticed the stone is a little dirty from a day's worth of wearing. My bad, I should have cleaned it better before the photos :D

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the explanation. I figured JXR meant some type of amethyst but wasn't sure. Boy I bet she was excited to get this! What amazing purple and the blue flash sounds mesmerizing :appl:

Very sweet gift!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are beautiful and I think your jeweler did an awesome job. Congratulations!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful setting - gorgeous stone - really love the profile shot!

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
This is very lovely.
Did she love it? It would be nice to see a hand shot.

Baby Nurse, the color of stone from this area is very unique. I believe T&Co. had a mine in the area at one time.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love it! I really like the setting a lot!

Haywood74

Shiny_Rock
Pink Tower|1293378825|2806247 said:

Here's a quick hand-shot. And yes, she loves it. She did say that I will not be put into the doghouse for at least 3 months now :D

JXRringHand1.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
...and just think, with a few well placed sapphires, diamonds or paraibas, you may find that the dog house becomes an actual place for a dog to stay... :naughty: :naughty:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful present, think you'll only need to give her 4 pieces of jewellery per year and you'll be in the good books all year around. :lol:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone and ring; you can't go wrong with a gift like that. When it comes to photography, we usually clean our stones first because lint, dust and oils show up extremely well under magnification.

Zzz

Rough_Rock
Trade
nice ring! that's a lovely purple :bigsmile:
i'd like to see how the blue flash looks!
is the blue flash more obvious under cool/white light?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice ring! Love the setting!

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring!

Haywood74

Shiny_Rock
Zzz|1293513210|2807668 said:
i'd like to see how the blue flash looks!
is the blue flash more obvious under cool/white light?

Well, I snapped a few pictures trying to capture the blue flash. These ammy's are real chameleons when you try to catch in a photo what you eye sees in real life. This pic is the best I could do for catching what my eye sees in real life. In incandescent light, the whole stone turns kind of brownish as do the rest of my wife's amethysts do. Strangely, the blue flash looks the best in direct sunlight. Flourescent light makes it pop as well. It appears in real life to flash much more blue. It's hard to explain until you see one in person, but look towards the middle of the stone and you can see a bit of it here.

I also included this picture since it better shows of the structure of the mounting. The color of the gem kind of washes out when you get goofy angles to it, so that's why it appears lighter here.

and Chrono....yes, this time I cleaned it before taking pix :D

JXRRHR5.jpg

JXRRHR6.jpg

gsellis

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I love that last pic. I would love to borrow it for my new site. :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The last picture is lovely; shows good colour, clear details and a smudge free stone. :lol:

Haywood74

Shiny_Rock
George Ellis|1294019915|2812749 said:
I love that last pic. I would love to borrow it for my new site. :)
By all means George....you cut the stone, so ya, use the pic to help yourself any way you can!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pink Tower|1293378825|2806247 said:
This is very lovely.

Baby Nurse, the color of stone from this area is very unique. I believe T&Co. had a mine in the area at one time.

Wow, I just read this. That's very interesting. I love purple and have one amethyst from Africa.

chevalier33

Rough_Rock
Trade
WOW! That is a beautifully cut stone!

I've seen George's website, he does great work.

Haywood74, if it's not impolite to ask, where did you get the JXR rough for this gem?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How did I miss this!! Gorgeous ring!

Haywood74

Shiny_Rock
chevalier33|1294417947|2816716 said:
Haywood74, if it's not impolite to ask, where did you get the JXR rough for this gem?

hmmm...to tell you the truth, I am not sure where I got this one. I am thinking it came from Seriously Gemented on eBay. They come up from time to time on eBay, although not very often.

gsellis

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Haywood74|1294468602|2817378 said:
chevalier33|1294417947|2816716 said:

hmmm...to tell you the truth, I am not sure where I got this one. I am thinking it came from Seriously Gemented on eBay. They come up from time to time on eBay, although not very often.
I would swear that you got this one from Seriously Gemented too. And he gets one about every 6 months that I noticed. I think I had almost bid on it. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results