shape
carat
color
clarity

Wife's Upgraded Halo ER

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi all, and thanks for all the help and pictures over the years.
Back in 2004 when I proposed and gave my wife her ER, I liked the center stone very much but always knew I would change the setting in the future. Well the future in now. I received quotes from VC, LM, SK and ERD. Decided to go with Chris at ERD due to the money factor, it was quite a bit different in quotes recieved. This is NOT a bash on VC, LM or SK, I have never seen their products in person so I cannot compare. A few weeks ago I saw MomHappy ring on the forum so I started my search, ended up as I said with ERD. I think the pave work is delicate and beautiful. Love the claw prongs. They used my center stone. I am going to include a few pics I have just taken, Chris will send me others later in the day so I will post them. No hand shots yet, actually my wife does not know the ring has been finished and I have it. We are going out to dinner tonight, might just go back to the place I proposed to her in 2004. Promise to take some hand shots later. Chris was easy to work with and the entire experience very smooth.
Here are some of the specs:
Round Brilliant, 1.444 cts, I/SI1, H & A's, AGS 000, AGS certif# laser inscribed on girdle
The pave halo setting is round brilliant stones G/H, VS, 48 stones on the halo and ring, total .50 cts.

I am not a great picture taker, but here goes:

img_1047.jpg

img_1051.jpg

img_847.jpg

img_1053.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, her new setting is beautiful!!! I bet she will be thrilled with it! How did you manage to get it away from her without her knowing?

I hope you come back to post hand shots and her reaction. :)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just perfect! What size is her finger? That diamond looks huge!

Really perfect she's going to love it!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Fantastic new setting!!

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you.

Laila - my wife knew I was doing the upgrade, I told her it was time and I wanted to do it for her, she is an amazing woman, but she has no idea that I now have it and will give it back to her tonight.

Niel - my wife's finger size is a 5.75.

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
It turned out beautifully! :love:

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
I love it! :love:

ERD did a fabulous job and I can't wait to see hand shots.

himni

Shiny_Rock
ERD is doing amazing work! I loving the pave work, the diamond is beautiful. Sounds like you have a very special date planned. Don't forget the camera!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!! ERD has made some incredible pieces!

Richo55555

Rough_Rock
Your wife's ring is beautiful. Bet she loves it. Looking forward to hearing her reaction and hand shots.
What metal did you go with?

Enjoy......

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is beautiful :love: and you are a wonderful husband to want to do that for her!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, Beautiful! They did a wonderful job.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It does look beautiful - good luck with this evening and we'll wait for lots of handshots!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WillyDiamond|1366392761|3430548 said:
Thank you.

Laila - my wife knew I was doing the upgrade, I told her it was time and I wanted to do it for her, she is an amazing woman, but she has no idea that I now have it and will give it back to her tonight.

Niel - my wife's finger size is a 5.75.

How sweet!!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!!! It looks gorgeous and I"m sure she's going to love it!!! Hand shots please!

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Richo55555|1366413266|3430795 said:
Your wife's ring is beautiful. Bet she loves it. Looking forward to hearing her reaction and hand shots.
What metal did you go with?

Enjoy......

Plat 950..........hand shots shortly

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well I took her to dinner tonight at the restaurant I proposed to her in 2004. She knew something was up, we had not been to this restaurant in many years and she wondered why now.
So after desert, we spoke for a bit, and then I gave her the ring. I thought her eyes were going to pop out of her head. She started to cry because she was so happy. She had tried on the Tiffany Embrace and the Cartier Destinee, and she said this turned out even better. I thought it looked stunning on her hand. Chris and ERD measured her original ring and got this one perfect size. I worried a little about having it re-sized, but no need, it was spot on.
I am not a good photographer, taken in the restaurant with poor lighting, and tough to get the focus just right, and a dirty table. The last picture is one that Chris sent me. Here ya go..............

img_853.jpg

img_854.jpg

img_855.jpg

img_1059.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here is the picture Chris from ERD sent me:

_5646.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks gorgeous on her!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that is a gorgeous ring, and it looks amazing on her hand!! :love: She must have been so thrilled! :appl:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
It is beautiful and it was very sweet of you to do that for her!

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
So romantic, what a lovely thing to do! Beautiful ring, so pleased for you it all worked out well. My DH would never do anything like that with my er, he would be too scared he would get it wrong :bigsmile: He knows me very well after almost 25 years of wedded bliss! :wavey:

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful upgrade!!

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Will try to take more hand shots with good lighting later in the day.

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
Very, very nice. You are a keeper! Looks just perfect on her and I'm sure is very delicate in person.

Twinmama02

Rough_Rock
Oh YES.... You did great!! I know that she must be so pleased. Woman love a surprise like this! :love: Congrats!!

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
So pretty and such a lucky girl :appl: :appl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just beautiful on her hand!! So romantic :appl:

I love the prongs! :lickout:

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
One last hand shot taken outdoors

securedownload_1___3_.jpg