shape
carat
color
clarity

Wife Droped Diamond...

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The cheap one I have was from amazon the lense is made out of plastic, not glass. would you happen to have a link to a decent loupe? I have to make sure I'm prepared when I get that splinter.
icon_lol.gif

This one looks pretty good for $7.50 if you're not too picky. I've seen them as low as $2.50. David Atlas sells a pretty nice one for $12 plus a little bit of shipping. The problems with loupes come in the color rendition and the edge-to-edge resolution. The one I use on a daily basis was made by Nikon and cost $100 or so, 10 years ago. I've got friends who poo-poo it in preference to ones by Schneider at 4x that price.

https://www.amazon.com/SE-MJ381118S...=10x+triplet&qid=1570048483&s=gateway&sr=8-16

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
If she's losing sleep over it, take it to a jeweler and ask. Usually, this sort of advice is free, it can be done while you wait, and most don't bite. At worst you'll be subjected to a sales pitch. Your odds of damage from this are extraordinarily low. You might want to invest in a loupe for future situations like this. They're not very expensive (a few dollars on Amazon) and are generally pretty useful things to have around the house anyway. You'll thank me next time you get a splinter.
my other half pinches my loupe for all sorts of things, splinters included !!
good to know the professionals do to !

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Wow, look at these hot mama jama's.

I'm sure the quality is subpar, but for $10 and free shipping they may be worth a whirl for occasional use and cleaning/repairing my guns in addition to fiddling with my wife's jewelry.

I'll be sure to not wear these with my Puma Pantydropper's. It'd put my wife over the edge. :mrgreen2:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10x-15x-20x-25x-LED-Head-Magnifying-Glass-Jewelry-Watch-Repair-Tool-Magnifier-US/392389827681

s-l1600.jpg

In case you were wondering....

PNA

New Balance in are pretty hawt too. Easy tiger.

FL_Sol

Shiny_Rock

FL_Sol

Shiny_Rock
Oh man, after seeing this I just feel silly! haha
The ring was mangled and a few of the pave diamonds were chipped. Those are all much cheaper to replace.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately, I don't:lol: I would gladly sacrifice our current diamond for diamond carpeting.

A diamond is hard. Like rock hard. It would take an abrasion against another diamond to scratch it. You're good :appl:

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I ran mine through the garbage disposal and it can out PERFECTLY unscathed.

I have pictures of two rings, one a family heirloom diamond, and the second a very nice tanzanite that hit the disposal when the boyfriend decided to be nice and load the dishwasher and dumped out a coffee cup of soapy water sitting beside the sink. Both center stones needed to be repolished and the rings completely remade, they were horribly mangled. The center diamond came to rest about an inch away from the drop into the bowels of the sewer system. (It went through the trap like it was not there being pushed by the disposal current.) The tanzanite was still trapped in the disposal.

Wink

P.S. I am glad your center stones came out unscathed.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Puma Panty Droppers! lol I'm dying, lol

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results