shape
carat
color
clarity

width of band "whats average"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rockabuy

Rough_Rock
The ring I'm looking to buy is 6.7 mm at top at baguettes 4.7mm in middle and 3.5 mm on bottom. What would be considered average or the middle road for width? My gf does not like thin bands but is this too thick? Where can you find something to measure in metric? She has a ring that she wears and she told me that she would want the ring to be .75 to .5 the width and I have to measure it. fyi my g/f ring size is 6.5. The measurements of the ring are 6.54x 6.58x 4.06.

Spyder

Rough_Rock
The ring dimensions you specify seem a bit on the wider side. Bear in mind that a wider band makes the diamond look smaller. The appeal of the classic Tiffany is due in part to its thinness which serves to make even the smallest diamond appear large.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't know that there is a typical size for rings...but the Tiffany classic solitaire ring I believe is 2mm. My ring is 2.5m and I think it's perfect...my girlfriend at work has one that is around 4mm and its WAY too big for my taste (but I like thinner). Ring widths are normally measured in mm.

Sounds like your stone is around 1c. You may want to get a band of around 3mm for that size stone if you want something not too thin and not too thick. But I really think it is a preference thing. Get a tape measure with mm and measure your gf's ring and do the calculation of 1/2 the size to see what she'd prefer.

Also one thing to keep in mind is that if your stone is 6.5mm in diameter and you are looking at a band that is 6.7mm in width at some point near the stone, the stone will be smaller than the band. If that is the look you are going for, then great...but if you want something that is less contemporary or edgy and/or do not want the stone to be overwhelmed by metal...stick with a thinner band than 6.7mm.

Good luck!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results