shape
carat
color
clarity

Wider Baguette Band + Round Solitaire - not sure how I feel ?

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, all! Ever since I got my DK solitaire reset (swapped an 8mm moiss for 7.67mm lg Diamond), I haven’t been loving it with my wedding band like I did with the larger stone soli, even though you would think it’s such a small difference. But the proportions seem off to me. My DK pave band has 2.5 pointers.

I bought a preloved 4 pointer band and it’s been much better, and I tried out a 6 pointer, but wasn’t sure. And started planning on a custom 7 pointer, shared prong open basket like the Embrace.

Then started thinking I need a baguette band to contrast with the round diamond, so I can enjoy the solitaire as though it’s on its own…. Sometimes it seems like all the round stones between the two rings are competing, or my eyes can’t see the solitaire and band separately enough, if that makes sense. And I just love baguettes.

Searched for months and tried to decide between horizontal vs vertical vs baguette plus round. I tried for so long to find pictures of baguette wedding bands paired with a round solitaire, and there are very, very few. Finally I pulled the trigger on a preloved Tiffany Channel Set Baguette and Round. Also, I had been thinking I wanted to go with a wider band than my usual ~2mm, for something different. This one is 3.6mm.

So, here’s my new band. I like it, it’s different, and wider… can’t decide yet if I love it though, or what would make me love it. Considering having DK make me a bit slimmer antique one I saw for sale. And still considering custom shared prong round.

Would appreciate any feedback! Is this band too much / overwhelming with my e ring, or do I just need time to adjust? Thx!
8EE593AC-FC74-4B78-A193-3CC560BA901A.jpeg A51B1E30-6EA2-4F3A-9187-9A9A6D03DE37.jpeg 994AF90C-ADDF-4DB4-AB38-339C22FDA754.jpeg 03603CCB-4464-4BD2-B898-02589C420468.jpeg E643740D-608C-46FF-8C2B-23D9C15023E1.jpeg 08635B4E-042D-42DB-B6AF-CCFF4D55464F.jpeg

This trio shows the new band, my little DK pave band (1.8mm), and the 6 pointer I tried
7ADF28A1-E3AA-4EC4-9B38-47BEE49A5C22.jpeg

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Hi, all! Ever since I got my DK solitaire reset (swapped an 8mm moiss for 7.67mm lg Diamond), I haven’t been loving it with my wedding band like I did with the larger stone soli, even though you would think it’s such a small difference. But the proportions seem off to me. My DK pave band has 2.5 pointers.

I bought a preloved 4 pointer band and it’s been much better, and I tried out a 6 pointer, but wasn’t sure. And started planning on a custom 7 pointer, shared prong open basket like the Embrace.

Then started thinking I need a baguette band to contrast with the round diamond, so I can enjoy the solitaire as though it’s on its own…. Sometimes it seems like all the round stones between the two rings are competing, or my eyes can’t see the solitaire and band separately enough, if that makes sense. And I just love baguettes.

Searched for months and tried to decide between horizontal vs vertical vs baguette plus round. I tried for so long to find pictures of baguette wedding bands paired with a round solitaire, and there are very, very few. Finally I pulled the trigger on a preloved Tiffany Channel Set Baguette and Round. Also, I had been thinking I wanted to go with a wider band than my usual ~2mm, for something different. This one is 3.6mm.

So, here’s my new band. I like it, it’s different, and wider… can’t decide yet if I love it though, or what would make me love it. Considering having DK make me a bit slimmer antique one I saw for sale. And still considering custom shared prong round.

Would appreciate any feedback! Is this band too much / overwhelming with my e ring, or do I just need time to adjust? Thx!
8EE593AC-FC74-4B78-A193-3CC560BA901A.jpeg A51B1E30-6EA2-4F3A-9187-9A9A6D03DE37.jpeg 994AF90C-ADDF-4DB4-AB38-339C22FDA754.jpeg 03603CCB-4464-4BD2-B898-02589C420468.jpeg E643740D-608C-46FF-8C2B-23D9C15023E1.jpeg 08635B4E-042D-42DB-B6AF-CCFF4D55464F.jpeg

This trio shows the new band, my little DK pave band (1.8mm), and the 6 pointer I tried
7ADF28A1-E3AA-4EC4-9B38-47BEE49A5C22.jpeg

I really love the style with your e-ring, but think it is a little too chunky IMO. I like the proportion of the last band, but I really like the style with baguettes...

If it isn't out of the question, I would get a new one!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! The six-pointer band is an easy, classic, and visually comfortable look - you can't go wrong there. But there is something eye-catching and very pleasing about the new band. I have enjoyed thinner shanks and bands but am moving into appreciating thicker ones lately. Yours hits the spot IMO. I bet it's even prettier in person with the diamonds doing their thing!

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
Of the three I prefer the 6 pointer. Just feels like it results in a better overall balanced look.

I agree at least about the photo of the 6 pointer, and it was what I wanted based on photos.. but for some reason in person it wasn’t quite wowing me. Might try again or maybe slightly larger 7 pointers would do it for me

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
I love it! The six-pointer band is an easy, classic, and visually comfortable look - you can't go wrong there. But there is something eye-catching and very pleasing about the new band. I have enjoyed thinner shanks and bands but am moving into appreciating thicker ones lately. Yours hits the spot IMO. I bet it's even prettier in person with the diamonds doing their thing!

Thank you, I agree. It’s definitely exciting me the more than my other ~2mm round bands

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really do love the Tiffany Bag + Rd Band, and covet the 3.6mm width (most of them seem to be only 3mm wide) ... but agree with others that that band's thicker profile is not as complementary to your beautiful solitaire as the 6ptr band. I think the dimensions of your potential DK custom bag+rd would be the way to go if you also want a bag/rd band option.

valenledge

Shiny_Rock
The 6 pointer is a really nice complement, but I really love how different the baguette band look is with your beautiful solitaire.

Are you still missing the larger diameter of the moissy and thinking about going back or increasing the size of your lgd?

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
The 6 pointer is a really nice complement, but I really love how different the baguette band look is with your beautiful solitaire.

Are you still missing the larger diameter of the moissy and thinking about going back or increasing the size of your lgd?

Thanks! No, not missing the size. I usually felt the larger size stone was too much for me, and I never experienced the shrinkage syndrome. It is a noticeable difference so I’m glad I didn’t go much smaller. I’m super happy with the new diamond size

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
The six pointer looks great!! I have the same size stone. Would you mind telling me the total ct weight of the 6 point band and who it is from please? I like it so much I am considering it for myself. Thanks!

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
I love your wider round and baguette ring with your soli! I think it looks classic, cool and substantial but definitely not overwhelming. I have a new appreciation for wider bands and their comfort level, so I may be biased, but I really do love them together. They look gorgeous! :appl:

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
I really, really like mixing cuts. I’m not a matchy, matchy kind of person. But I don’t think I love the channel set look of the baguette band. The bars are too thick to me, versus the more refined shank of your lovely e-ring.

I had DK make a band similar to the antique one you like with left over stones from a ring that contained the central EC below, they formed a sort of halo. It’s 2mm and is mixed round and baguettes, shared prong style. I wear it with my three stone emerald and my 2.7 carat pear solitaire. I love the look It gives.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, I’m no help at all. I like them all, but think the baguette band would be lovely as a stand alone, and my personal preference would be the slimmest band.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I actually like it, but I think the issue may be the thickness of the channel walls on your current band. If you had DK make the antique, I think you would love that option.
You could also milgrain the walls while you think about it as a placeholder.

PastryGirl

Shiny_Rock
I like the baguette band best. Have you looked at anything like this? There is contrast (i.e., no competing rounds) but still has a similar "feel" as the more delicate bands you posted.

I'm actually thinking of getting something like this myself. My WB is a little thicker than the 6 pointer you posted, and I'll be getting a new round solitaire soon. So I completely understand LOL.
Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 7.28.05 AM.png

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
The six pointer looks great!! I have the same size stone. Would you mind telling me the total ct weight of the 6 point band and who it is from please? I like it so much I am considering it for myself. Thanks!

It’s actually C&C Caydia lab grown - shared u prong and about 3/4 eternity. Really pretty! And they have great sales. Here’s the platinum one C&C link
And a couple more views
471116B1-6983-4320-AB61-BFB5E823B5AE.jpeg 5EFA873A-27ED-40F1-BB9B-2FC939ACF7CA.jpeg

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
I love your wider round and baguette ring with your soli! I think it looks classic, cool and substantial but definitely not overwhelming. I have a new appreciation for wider bands and their comfort level, so I may be biased, but I really do love them together. They look gorgeous! :appl:
Thanks! I think it looks pretty cool, too. I put the pair on first thing when I got up this morning, and felt so much better about them together! I agree, the width is rather comfortable. I was worried since it’s the larger than my usual size that it was going to be slipping off my finger, but I remember now - size up for a wider band. Kinda thought that was a rule for much wider than this but it worked out great

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
I really, really like mixing cuts. I’m not a matchy, matchy kind of person. But I don’t think I love the channel set look of the baguette band. The bars are too thick to me, versus the more refined shank of your lovely e-ring.

I had DK make a band similar to the antique one you like with left over stones from a ring that contained the central EC below, they formed a sort of halo. It’s 2mm and is mixed round and baguettes, shared prong style. I wear it with my three stone emerald and my 2.7 carat pear solitaire. I love the look It gives.

4762F25A-FE6A-45FA-8E07-9462444FE5B4.jpeg

Oh goodness, that band is gorgeous! I remember loving everything I’ve seen of yours so I’m not surprised! That is definitely making me want to go the custom route. I think what I loved about the one I posted is how the different stones are separated by their own settings within the channel, kind of like yours!

Last edited:

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
It’s actually C&C Caydia lab grown - shared u prong and about 3/4 eternity. Really pretty! And they have great sales. Here’s the platinum one C&C link
And a couple more views
471116B1-6983-4320-AB61-BFB5E823B5AE.jpeg 5EFA873A-27ED-40F1-BB9B-2FC939ACF7CA.jpeg

Thank you so much. It looks lovely on you!

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh, I’m no help at all. I like them all, but think the baguette band would be lovely as a stand alone, and my personal preference would be the slimmest band.

Sometimes I love the slimmest band so much and think it’s perfect, other times I think ew no, it’s all wrong! I don’t get it. I do love it by itself so I’ll probably never be able to part with it.

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
I think you should give it some time.
I like that it’s a little chunky.

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
I like the baguette band best. Have you looked at anything like this? There is contrast (i.e., no competing rounds) but still has a similar "feel" as the more delicate bands you posted.

I'm actually thinking of getting something like this myself. My WB is a little thicker than the 6 pointer you posted, and I'll be getting a new round solitaire soon. So I completely understand LOL.
Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 7.28.05 AM.png

Oh yes! That version, and similar east-west ones were my first choice. At some point I decided I wanted to go wider, and also started looking at vertical baguettes. I’m really hung up on baguettes right now, and want them a little bigger. I fell in love with this earlier Tiffany vertical band and e ring pairing. The band probably wouldn’t work as well with my solitaire, but this pic got me wanting to go bigger/wider. And good to know I’m not alone in the eye confusion department !
C5C627EE-B007-4F47-8B31-54F6C2176695.jpeg

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
I actually like it, but I think the issue may be the thickness of the channel walls on your current band. If you had DK make the antique, I think you would love that option.
You could also milgrain the walls while you think about it as a placeholder.
I think you’re spot on and I very likely will just go for it on the custom band. I really want full eternity anyway. I did wonder about either milgraining or shaving/slimming down the walls a smidge, no idea if that’s even doable.. but probably best not to customize if I’ll be selling it. Eek it’s going to be tough to part with! But I think I’ll love the custom one 100x more with my e ring

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the Tiffany as a stand-alone ring but I feel like it takes away a bit from your beautiful solitaire. The 6 pointer looks perfect, just enough without being over or underwhelming.

Also, lovely hands and nails!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
8489CFCF-6866-4B9F-956D-23BAF4809895.jpeg
can you show a shot from this perspective with the Tiffany channel set band?
thanks!

edited to add my thoughts:
I love the look of the channel set band. Would be hesitant to alter it.
i also like the look of the other two bands you pictured.
but - if I were in the market for a daily driver care free wear- the Tiffany channel would be my choice.

my thoughts to be ( in requesting the additional picture above) would be related to if indeed you had a band custom made. :)

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results