shape
carat
color
clarity

Wide yellow gold band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I need to tap the minds of all the resourceful ladies/men who covet yellow gold jewellery. I am looking for a tasteful, interesting, yellow gold "wedding" band. Minimum 7mm and up. No gemstones. In this width, it likely would not be higher than 18K--but I am open to suggestions. Any tips?

Thanks
35.gif

cheers--Sharon

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
That''s pretty cool! No stones at all? Just gold?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/16/2008 10:17:21 PM
Author: geckodani
That''s pretty cool! No stones at all? Just gold?
HI:

Yes please! And thanks for the other link below....I''ll check the site out.....

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/16/2008 10:40:32 PM
Author: coatimundi
Hey Sharon--I like the design of these. They're 14k, but I'm wondering if you could have them made in 18k.

http://www.sundancecatalog.com/PRODUCT/Jewelry/Jewelry/40822.html

http://www.sundancecatalog.com/PRODUCT/38642.html

I think they're cool!
HI:

Ohhh Coati--those are just what I am looking at! The second one appeals to me a lot..... Thanks!

I have been looking thru this thread for suiggestions--and the Reinstein-Ross link Hariett posted has possibilites, but not much info on site, just a few pictures.

I was also looking at the Robert Lee Morris ring on Signed Pieces--and it is on sale.....
9.gif
Does anyone like this one? I know it has stones, but...but....

http://www.signedpieces.com/item.cfm?item_id=9186

cheers--Sharon

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i like it, especially after i saw view #3 on a fake hand! go for it.

movie zombie

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/17/2008 10:09:43 AM
Author: movie zombie
i like it, especially after i saw view #3 on a fake hand! go for it.

movie zombie
HI:

LOL! I was sold on the fakie too
2.gif

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All three you posted are beautiful, Sharon. My personal favorite is the Shaundra Messinger "understated" wide band with the less glossy finish, but I can understand why you would like to look at something more vivacious if you had the ring on all day ;-). Do remember that I know that designer in Hawaii, Dhyan Sherri, who will make you a wide band in high karat gold and add a gem or two if you need one to keep from getting bored. (That is if you do not want a totally plain band after all!) I have one of her rings, as you know.

http://studio22k.com/

Deb
34.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/17/2008 12:04:50 PM
Author: AGBF

All three you posted are beautiful, Sharon. My personal favorite is the Shaundra Messinger ''understated'' wide band with the less glossy finish, but I can understand why you would like to look at something more vivacious if you had the ring on all day ;-). Do remember that I know that designer in Hawaii, Dhyan Sherri, who will make you a wide band in high karat gold and add a gem or two if you need one to keep from getting bored. (That is if you do not want a totally plain band after all!) I have one of her rings, as you know.

Deb
34.gif
HI:

Right-O Deb. I hadn''t gone back far enough in this thread, yet, to revive my memory on all the wonderful designers listed. Thing is, I''d love to be able to wear my Mom''s wedding band, it is a 10mm brushed gold slighly domed ring, that she wore for 20 years and it still looks fabu! Unfortunately it is too large and it cannot be sized.

I would like a ring that can stand wear and tear; as I am planning to return to work. HIgh gloss finishes may show the same quickly and that would be a bummer--however I am attracted to them.

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
9/17/2008 12:17:21 PM
Author: canuk-gal

Right-O Deb. I hadn''t gone back far enough in this thread, yet, to revive my memory on all the wonderful designers listed. Thing is, I''d love to be able to wear my Mom''s wedding band, it is a 10mm brushed gold slighly domed ring, that she wore for 20 years and it still looks fabu! Unfortunately it is too large and it cannot be sized.

I would like a ring that can stand wear and tear; as I am planning to return to work. HIgh gloss finishes may show the same quickly and that would be a bummer--however I am attracted to them.

You need a hammered ring, Sharon! If you get something a cave man could have made, the dents the will just make it look more beautiful :). I am only half kidding!

Whether it is matte or polished, if it looks as if it is supposed to be battered, you are in business. I love the first band (as I stated above). Hammered rings would also fit your bill. Dhyan Sherri ''s wide bands, which as you know she calls Flintstone rings, also fit.

If you want a wide band that can take a beating at work at work, I would forgo the stones and go for a high karat plain band in a primitive style. As we well know, that doesn''t rule out other rings for formal occasions!!!

Are you going back to being a bench jeweler or to something else?

Deb
34.gif

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
hi! i have a 12mm white gold domed band that i have had many years. it is comfy and very durable. all those years ago artcarved was a well known name and that is what i have. not sure if they are still available. i did have occasion to purchase a man''s wide band in the last six months and found what i wanted on the stuller site. i simply found a local jeweler told them what i wanted and they ordered it. the price was fair.

i just checked out their site and you can get any mm you wish with the domed (i believe they call it half round) design any size and 18k is available. you could give them a call and find a dealer if you wish. hth.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/17/2008 12:27:13 PM
Author: AGBF

Date:
9/17/2008 12:17:21 PM

You need a hammered ring, Sharon! If you get something a cave man could have made, the dents the will just make it look more beautiful :). I am only half kidding!

Whether it is matte or polished, if it looks as if it is supposed to be battered, you are in business. I love the first band (as I stated above). Hammered rings would also fit your bill. Dhyan Sherri ''s wide bands, which as you know she calls Flintstone rings, also fit.

If you want a wide band that can take a beating at work at work, I would forgo the stones and go for a high karat plain band in a primitive style. As we well know, that doesn''t rule out other rings for formal occasions!!!

Are you going back to being a bench jeweler or to something else?

Deb
34.gif
HI:

I am a nurse by profession. I need a ring that can stand that type of wear and tear! I love the hammered look and is probably what I''ll end up getting. I thought of David Keeling to make a band--he has some really dreamy rings on his website and I ccould see him when I go home to visit.

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/17/2008 1:16:42 PM
Author: crown1
hi! i have a 12mm white gold domed band that i have had many years. it is comfy and very durable. all those years ago artcarved was a well known name and that is what i have. not sure if they are still available. i did have occasion to purchase a man''s wide band in the last six months and found what i wanted on the stuller site. i simply found a local jeweler told them what i wanted and they ordered it. the price was fair.

i just checked out their site and you can get any mm you wish with the domed (i believe they call it half round) design any size and 18k is available. you could give them a call and find a dealer if you wish. hth.
HI:

Thanks Crown! I''ll have a look-- I believe Wink can get Stuller...

cheers--Sharon

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/17/2008 2:25:53 PM
HI:

Stuller:

http://www.stuller.com/products/product.aspx?gid=21857

http://www.stuller.com/products/product.aspx?gid=21842

http://www.stuller.com/products/product.aspx?gid=21841

That latter two bands can be made up to 8/9 mm, 14/18K.

cheers--Sharon

did you decide against the plain band? i like the first of the stuller bands the best. i would be concerned of the crevices in the last two collecting dirt and germs in your job. i also love the sundance bands but found them pricey if this is just a work band. no matter which you pick it will be nice. just my personal preference but i like a very wide band when it is plain. i hope you post what you pick.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

JM--I actually thought the same, but the hammered look is lovely!

Crown--I am not so worried about grooves (gloves and handwashing do wonders), but I understand what you are saying. I wish I could get a feel for Stullers pricing in 18K. I have not decided yet, and will look at a few more options, Reinstein-Ross amongst them.

Thanks so far--and any more suggestions would be welcome!

cheers--Sharon

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/18/2008 9:52:20 AM
HI:

JM--I actually thought the same, but the hammered look is lovely!

Crown--I am not so worried about grooves (gloves and handwashing do wonders), but I understand what you are saying. I wish I could get a feel for Stullers pricing in 18K. I have not decided yet, and will look at a few more options, Reinstein-Ross amongst them.

Thanks so far--and any more suggestions would be welcome!

cheers--Sharon
i did call the stuller customer service, as i was also interested in the price range, but they are strictly wholesale and will not give retail info. i think any of the things you are considering will be lovely.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
that is correct.Stuller is wholesale to retailers only.Thet are carried by many jewelers nation wide.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Still thinking about style, brand, etc. The Clay Pot has some really cool bands/designers, their website worth taking a peek at. I contacted Reinstein-Ross and the bands I am interested in range from $2300-$2700 in high carat gold (different color options also). I also think the B-Zero Bulgari band in y/g would be neat and it would match my DH''s band. Custom is not totally out either......
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results