shape
carat
color
clarity

Wide Tiffany Metro Alternative

hollyns

Rough_Rock
I tried on the wide version of the tiffany metro band with my solitaire and thought they worked very well together. It seemed lower profile than other bands that did not sit nicely against my ring. I was hoping the width and thickness might be posted on the Tiffany website but they were not. Does anyone have this band and have any idea of the measurements? Also, it doesn't seem to come in platinum. Is anyone aware of a similar band available from another vendor in platinum? Custom may also be an option if I can find out the measurements.

http://m.tiffany.ca/jewelry/rings/tiffany-metro-ring-GRP03610?fromGrid=1&gridpos=33/656&fromcid=-1&search_params=s+11-p+1-c+-r+150579740-x+-n+36-ri+-ni+1-lr+0-hr+-1-t+Tiffany+Metro&search=1&trackpdp=search&trackgridpos=5#p+1-n+36-cg+viewPaged-c+-s+11-r+150579740-t+Tiffany+Metro-ri+-ni+1-x+-pu+-f+-lr+0-hr+

hollyns

Rough_Rock
Anyone?

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The tiffany ring is basically a comfort fit band with the diamonds in a 'channel' that look to be 4-prong settings that have an 'airline' between the diamond and the channel. Total carat weight is .17 for a full eternity...they are really tiny diamonds! It is the use of those tiny diamonds that allows the band to be quite thin (off the finger). I think you may have a hard time finding another stock setting like this as the current 'in' look is very very thin bands. But, the wider metal shoulders are more common in a men's wedding band (please don't be offended!). So, you might look around at men's bands.

But, I'm sure David Klass, Brian Gavin or IDJ could make something that would suit.

In this picture from another site, the ering is a 1.8 mm knife edge (size 4 finger). If you pull the image into a graphics program, you can probably sort out the proportions.
tiffanymetro1.jpg

Just be aware that full eternity bands are nearly impossible to resize, many makers are leaving a gap along the bottom to accomodate a resize. Like this https://www.josephjewelry.com/womens-wedding-rings/custom-diamond-eternity-wedding-band-103033..

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I usually wouldn't say this but get the Tiffany band if it works as well as it does in rockysalamander's pic.

It's unique, fits, really complements your ering and is well made. Save yourself the headache.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Always admired that band.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results