carat
color
clarity

Wide diamond band feedback

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi PSers!
I'm hoping to get some help from those of you with better eyes and knowledge, in assessing this diamond band I'm leaning towards buying. There is a return policy, though I'd have to pay for return shipping, but if there are any obvious issues/flaws/questions, I'd rather know before pulling the trigger! I've owned emerald cuts but never baguettes in a band like this, so would also love any insight from folk who have owned this style of band in this cut before. I"m looking for a wide style band that isn't too blingy since I already wear a lot of bling in round cuts that are pretty loud and proud. Could use some understated pieces to balance things out lol.

Here are the vendor photos, it's about 3ct tcw.

s-l1600 (1).jpg s-l1600 (2).jpg s-l1600 (3).jpg s-l1600 (4).jpg s-l1600 (5).jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is pretty and different - would you wear it as a stand alone band or trying to pair it with something else?

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like it. It's a strong statement piece. But I bet it won't look good on everyone, so if you're curious enough, you should see it in person. The return shipping costs add a bit of a risk, but I get the impression that you're pretty adventurous and not overly risk adverse. At this point, do you think you're leaning more towards purchasing it or more towards passing on it?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't forget to check the situation with shipping insurance on any returns!

I like it - but I like/prefer 'bold' jewellery :)

I reckon @Matthews1127 might like it too ;-) lol

At least with the diamonds being set N/S and E/W there shouldn't be any point when *all* the stones are 'off' (which puts me off some EC bands, where they go completely dark across all the central bands at some angles), so I think it would be visually interesting and perform pretty well.

Are they able to provide a video in different lighting environments?

They look like they are large/low table stones, which should mean they have lots of white light return and contrast but be low on the scale of Fire (but you know that already ;-) lol).

EDIT: I forgot to say - I think that would make an awesome gents ring as well :) so if you don't get it, let us know where it is so that @Menlikediamondstoo or @gregchang35 or @kevnick80 can snap it up! lol

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't forget to check the situation with shipping insurance on any returns!

I like it - but I like/prefer 'bold' jewellery :)

I reckon @Matthews1127 might like it too ;-) lol

At least with the diamonds being set N/S and E/W there shouldn't be any point when *all* the stones are 'off' (which puts me off some EC bands, where they go completely dark across all the central bands at some angles), so I think it would be visually interesting and perform pretty well.

Are they able to provide a video in different lighting environments?

They look like they are large/low table stones, which should mean they have lots of white light return and contrast but be low on the scale of Fire (but you know that already ;-) lol).

EDIT: I forgot to say - I think that would make an awesome gents ring as well :) so if you don't get it, let us know where it is so that @Menlikediamondstoo or @gregchang35 or @kevnick80 can snap it up! lol

Yes! That's what I don't like about a lot of EC bands I see too, that they all go "off" sometimes. So the weird layout of this one hopefully means that won't happen.

Haha and yes, I'm not looking for fire, that's what my ideal cut rounds are for ;-) I literally on my left hand have a 8mm H&A, a bangle with 2 WF ACAs (1.2tcw), and a 2 stone diamond bracelet charm on a leather band (1.7tcw). And I wear a 2+ct marquis on my left hand often, so I think another super bling band would look a little TOO much. It may already be too much :razz:

Unfortunately, this ring is a size 4-5 so probably not great for men unless they want a really nice pinky ring :razz:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately, this ring is a size 4-5 so probably not great for men unless they want a really nice pinky ring :razz:
Dammit - I have small hands but not *that* small... lol

I think you must rock your blingy look! In some ways I wish my good lady was more like you, but my bank balance is grateful that she's not... :lol:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some pics of what a 5mm strip of paper looks like.
It’s really not that wide but wide enough to stand alone I think.

I’d wear it on my ring finger on my right hand. And probably with a colored stone ring of some type also on that hand...

CF729748-066E-40FF-B758-E0922DA0B827.jpeg
2EEEF2A1-DAAA-40A1-B442-F13AD0860428.jpeg

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it and think the subtleness of the bags are perfect. I think you should bring it in because I think you already love it and would be crushed if it sold...return shipping would be worth it for me to see something I loved IRL. It’s so very pretty! It was made for you with your tiny fingers!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is really pretty. I’d order it to see it in person. I find on rings you never know until you get them on your finger.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I SO LOVE THIS CUT... it ain't even funny... The baguettes looks very well made & matched - if anything, I'd want a few more rows of them.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I SO LOVE THIS CUT... it ain't even funny... The baguettes looks very well made & matched - if anything, I'd want a few more rows of them.

What do you love about this cut?

Haha, i had an 8mm band in the past, but my fingers are short and chubby and the wideness and rounded edges of the band just accentuated that.
I"m hoping at 5.1mm and rather straight lines, that this band won't just make my hands look even chunkier!

Reactions: AV_

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you can definitely wear the width and the band is cool and unique!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
What do you love about this cut?

Diamodns with relatively large facets are the ones I pick up from any pile - they seem happy to twirl around, like little caleidoscope toys made of floating mirror shards... ,) At about two carats they might start to be too simple and plain & I begin wishing for richer flicker (virtual facets, I would think). Just taste I came to recognize in the wild.

Last edited:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamodns with relatively large facets are the ones I pick up from any pile - they seem happy to twirl around, like little caleidoscope toys made of floating mirror shards... ,) At about two carats they might start to be too simple and plain & I begin wishing for richer flicker (virtual facets, I would think). Just taste I came to recognize in the wild.
I like your style, AV ;-) :)

Wanaka

Rough_Rock
Premium
It’s really unusual for a “plain” diamond band, the paper mock-up (love it!!!) doesn’t look overwhelming on your fingers, so if you are ok with the slight risk of return/shipping back/insurance, I’d say go for it! You seem really in love with it from your posts too :mrgreen2: #enabling

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do really like it. Just wanted to make sure I didn’t like it so much I had a blind spot lol

headlight

Ideal_Rock
It's a stunning ring. But can we talk about that fabulous band you have that fits with your ER? I'm so loving that!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m wondering if the different heights of the stones will annoy me or if it’ll be a cool architectural element..

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a stunning ring. But can we talk about that fabulous band you have that fits with your ER? I'm so loving that!
Thanks! It was made as a set lol

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi PSers!
I'm hoping to get some help from those of you with better eyes and knowledge, in assessing this diamond band I'm leaning towards buying. There is a return policy, though I'd have to pay for return shipping, but if there are any obvious issues/flaws/questions, I'd rather know before pulling the trigger! I've owned emerald cuts but never baguettes in a band like this, so would also love any insight from folk who have owned this style of band in this cut before. I"m looking for a wide style band that isn't too blingy since I already wear a lot of bling in round cuts that are pretty loud and proud. Could use some understated pieces to balance things out lol.

Here are the vendor photos, it's about 3ct tcw.

s-l1600 (1).jpg s-l1600 (2).jpg s-l1600 (3).jpg s-l1600 (4).jpg s-l1600 (5).jpg

I have a similar band. My step cuts alternate with rounds. The layout of this ring should create a beautiful effect, and you should get flashes of light set off at different times, in different light environments.
This is beautiful. I imagine it will have an interesting performance pattern, and you shouldn’t experience a lot to any consistent darkness across the ring.
Depending on the tilt, it should be a fire cracker of sparkle.
If you decide to purchase, please return with more photos & videos!!! :mrgreen2:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a similar band. My step cuts alternate with rounds. The layout of this ring should create a beautiful effect, and you should get flashes of light set off at different times, in different light environments.
This is beautiful. I imagine it will have an interesting performance pattern, and you shouldn’t experience a lot to any consistent darkness across the ring.
Depending on the tilt, it should be a fire cracker of sparkle.
If you decide to purchase, please return with more photos & videos!!! :mrgreen2:

Hehe thanks to the enabling of my fellow bling addicts I’ve bought it

Oooo. Do you have videos of your band? I don’t have a YouTube account but I might get one as I gear up to spring clean my jewelry box.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see you’ve decided to pull the trigger and buy it, and I’m glad! :appl: I rather like it a lot, and believe the size will look fantastic on you. Also, while you noted you wanted something a little ‘understated’ - and the cut of these diamonds will probably provide that - I think it will also be a fantastic light show considering the number and design/layout of the diamonds in the band. So not only must you come back and post pictures, but please do also share a video or two! Fingers crossed that you love it when it arrives! :wavey:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see you’ve decided to pull the trigger and buy it, and I’m glad! :appl: I rather like it a lot, and believe the size will look fantastic on you. Also, while you noted you wanted something a little ‘understated’ - and the cut of these diamonds will probably provide that - I think it will also be a fantastic light show considering the number and design/layout of the diamonds in the band. So not only must you come back and post pictures, but please do also share a video or two! Fingers crossed that you love it when it arrives! :wavey:

Guess I should look into signing up for YouTube and read the tutorial on how to post videos here!

Eta is next week. Will likely start a SMTB thread when it arrives. :D

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Guess I should look into signing up for YouTube and read the tutorial on how to post videos here!

Eta is next week. Will likely start a SMTB thread when it arrives. :D

Why yes, yes you should. And I think a week is sufficient time to do just that! :mrgreen2:

Congrats; looking forward to the debut! :dance:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hehe thanks to the enabling of my fellow bling addicts I’ve bought it

Oooo. Do you have videos of your band? I don’t have a YouTube account but I might get one as I gear up to spring clean my jewelry box.

No videos, at the moment, but I can shoot some, later & post for you.
I get a ton of compliments on it!!
I’ll look forward to your videos, when you create your acct!! Can’t wait to see it!! :appl:

Here are photos, in the Fall:
25349C85-C14B-4ACE-98EC-4E3D027383FC.jpeg 23C3EEDF-B0DF-4B87-824F-0BB5B322DF28.jpeg B1FE759E-F7A7-44CD-82E5-743C0449DD61.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results