shape
carat
color
clarity

Wide band with slim ER/Leon Mege

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone wear a wide wedding band with a slim egagement ring. I am considering different possibilities for my upgrade/reset. I am leaning towards a cushion diamond. A split shank pave design has been high on my list, but I have also been thinking about a wide band with er. I will attach both Leon Mege rings that I love, but I would LOVE to see hand shots of either/both looks.

Does Leon Mege sell in retail stores? Or would I have to go through him directly? I live in CA, so the long distance thing concerns me.

Thanks for any help.

wde_band_w_ER.jpg

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the split shank that I love too.

mod_sq_gog.jpg

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
You have to go through him directly.
All his pieces are custom - there are no "stock items"
There''s a form on his website -
Link - you can use to email him.

I suggest you go out and try some things on, and figure out what works for you, and decide on what you''d like before contacting him.

Scintillating...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is such a personal choice. I agree you should try stuff on to see how it looks. I personally like a set the same width, or the e-ring wider than the wedding band. Not sure why but that is what is attractive to my eye. Maybe so the e-ring can take center stage.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/7/2006 6:34:37 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
It is such a personal choice. I agree you should try stuff on to see how it looks. I personally like a set the same width, or the e-ring wider than the wedding band. Not sure why but that is what is attractive to my eye. Maybe so the e-ring can take center stage.

I agree. Also, the e-ring in the first Leon pic you posted was made for Ashely Judd. it has a very detailed underside and a band won''t fit up against it. Most of Leon''s settings are not designed for a flush fitting wedding band. When I spoke to him about a possible project he recommended wearing the wedding band on my right hand. If you did that you could easiely go for a wide band for one and and a dainty on the other.

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
hi Jayrenay9,

I think that''d be pretty cool but you should probably try some wide (almost RHR like bands on) with erings in person to see if you really like that style before you commission LM to make something like that for you. I personally like it when people pair up different styles together -- tons of celebrities do it if you take a look at the celebrity thread in the ''diamond hangout'' forum. It''s definitely ''different'' and I think some people are just used to the more traditional matchy thing so that''s what they stick with.

I''m in Texas where I don''t see a lot of the mixing it up thing as often but I was in LA not too long ago and saw this pretty elegant (understated) lady in the Manhattan Beach area with a very similar pairing to what you are talking about-- her wedding band looked like a RHR (wide with pave diamonds) and she paired it with a classic solitaire and it looked beautiful and unique.

my .02,
DL

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/7/2006 11:19:57 PM
Author: diamondlove
hi Jayrenay9,

I think that''d be pretty cool but you should probably try some wide (almost RHR like bands on) with erings in person to see if you really like that style before you commission LM to make something like that for you. I personally like it when people pair up different styles together -- tons of celebrities do it if you take a look at the celebrity thread in the ''diamond hangout'' forum. It''s definitely ''different'' and I think some people are just used to the more traditional matchy thing so that''s what they stick with.

I''m in Texas where I don''t see a lot of the mixing it up thing as often but I was in LA not too long ago and saw this pretty elegant (understated) lady in the Manhattan Beach area with a very similar pairing to what you are talking about-- her wedding band looked like a RHR (wide with pave diamonds) and she paired it with a classic solitaire and it looked beautiful and unique.

my .02,
DL
Funny you should mention this... I am in So. Cal. and I actually saw a young mom with an extremely huge diamond at Legoland with this exact look. I''ve had it on my mind since, but have never seen it pictured this way until I saw the Leon Mege picture. I like the idea because then I could only wear the band if I''m working around the house.

I''m all over the place though, so who knows. I''m sure I''ll change it again by morning!

I actually like the look when the ER and WB don''t match exactly. Has anyone seen Brooke Shields or Leann Rimes -- both have beautiful rings!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results