color
clarity

Why you should by versions of products made for men

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
http://www1.nyc.gov/site/dca/partners/gender-pricing-study.page

Findings:

On average, across all five industries, DCA found that women’s products cost 7 percent more than similar products for men. Specifically:

7 percent more for toys and accessories
4 percent more for children’s clothing
8 percent more for adult clothing
13 percent more for personal care products
8 percent more for senior/home health care products

In all but five of the 35 product categories analyzed, products for female consumers were priced higher than those for male consumers.
Across the sample, DCA found that women’s products cost more 42 percent of the time while men’s products cost more 18 percent of the time.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonder what survey results would reveal about certain services, such as hair cuts and pant hemming?

I suspect that a basic hair cut (no special treatments or colouring) for a woman tends to be priced higher than a basic cut for a man. If so, is it justified? Is it more time-consuming or technically-challenging to cut a woman's hair?

I don't know if this is still true, but years ago there were men's clothing stores that would hem purchased pants at no additional charge. I'm not aware of any women's clothing stores that would do hemming for free.

Add the fact that many women tended to earn less than men, and the situation was compounded. I write that in the past tense because I'm not aware of current statistics.

Fortunately, men provide a great deal of entertainment value to women's lives, so we ladies don't mind paying more than men. :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results