shape
carat
color
clarity

Why would you EVER make a phone call in...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would never do it in a public restroom, however at home..I can pee quietly!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2009 2:18:24 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor

Date: 5/18/2009 1:49:22 PM
Author: Bia
I don''t usually pee in public places unless I absolutely must. So no, I would never sit on the toilet talking on the phone.

At home, while I don''t MAKE phone calls IN the bathroom, I DO stay on the phone if I have to go to the bathroom
9.gif
but only FI or my family/close friends. I wouldnt do that while on the phone with the bank or something.

GUILTY as charged.
12.gif
+1 100%
emembarrassed.gif

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
I talk to my mom from the bathroom at home all the time. I think of it as multi-tasking
25.gif

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2009 5:20:48 PM
Author: Octavia
Ugh, I hate this. I have to admit I was a little smug one day when my ''neighbor'' was chatting away and then I heard *scramble scramble SPLASH!!* followed by a string of $#%^# %$$#%^.
11.gif
Gahahahahaha!!!!!! Oh boy, I would have to laugh out loud at that one if it happened next to me!!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Haha and just so yall know, I was walking down the hall at work today on my way to the bathroom, and as I was walking in, I was so hoping there wouldn''t be anyone in there on the phone again!!
3.gif

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
On the related home-phone peeing: you know, if I''m in the middle of a talk w/a friend, and I say I need to call them back, half the time they''ll say they don''t care, and keep venting. Fine. I''m not that modest, chicks go to the bathroom together in pairs all the time, and while I''d rather call back, sometimes a good conversation is a good conversation.

On the other end of things, there are the friends who WARN you. You know the ones. They say, "I''M PEEING RIGHT NOW." And then they tell you when they flush.

Has anyone noticed that these people always skip the step of telling you that they''re wiping? I''d argue discretion, but THEY PEE ON THE PHONE WITHOUT WARNING. Hmmmmmmmmmmm ....

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
No. I see/hear co-workers doing this in the bathroom. It''s just gross, not to mention rude!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG this happens all the time at work, it drives me crazy. I make sure to flush the toilet 3-4 times extra just because. Where's the respect for privacy!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I can''t imagine doing this at a public restroom, and I would feel really uncomfortable if someone was on the phone while I was in the bathroom. I don''t even like talking to other people in the bathroom while I''m in there (like if I''m at a restaurant and a friend and I go at the same time).

Steel, out of curiosity, what''s wrong with chewing gum while in the bathroom???

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I forgot last week and walked INTO the bathroom while on the phone. But I stopped looked around and thought... hmm, what's wrong with this picture. Now, I'll admit I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed so it took me a second (and I wasn't in a stall... just standing by the entrance perplexed) but I DID figure it out. And made a metal note not to do it again, AND got off the phone before I went anywhere else. Ya know??? If you stop and think, it's amazing what you figure out. All by yourself. Without a 3 year old telling you, or someone flushing to remind you. So really, it's the fact that people just DO NOT STOP TO THINK sometimes that bothers me... the bathroom thing is a symptom, not a cause of my irritation.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ewwwwwwwww.

I don''t even like it when people try to talk to me *in person* while we''re in the restroom--you know, you step in there after a meal out and your girlfriends try to continue the conversation while you''re in the stall. Yuck. I just can''t do it.

Then again, I despise public restrooms in general. The only recurring dreams I have are nightmares that involve disgusting public restrooms, so, I suppose I have serious restroom issues.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, I agree, sometimes things take a second to register with me, too. But I''m always a little
33.gif
when people''s phones ring while they''re doing their business and they pause to find their phone and answer. And downright
14.gif
when people are doing things...noisier...than just peeing, and chatters continue to chat. That''s just yuck in the extreme, IMO.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, I never do this. Probably because I''m just not coordinated enough! LOL!
37.gif

I mean, seriously . . . HOW would you manage everything? Logistically, HOW??? You have to hold the phone somehow, and if you have a small phone (like my cell), it''s nearly impossible to do the head/shoulder squinch. Now with a bigger phone (like the cordless that we have at home), the head/shoulder squinch becomes a possibility, but it''s awfully awkward to hold the head/shoulder squinch for any length of time. Obviously, while you''re actually IN THE PROCESS, the phone holding dilemma becomes less challenging because your hands are free. (Unless you''re a guy, and then at least one hand is free. And shut up, DF, you do NOT need both hands!!!) However, you have to hold the phone (and keep it from falling into the toilet) while dropping trou, and then again while wiping, pulling up your drawers, and then (hopefully!) washing your hands. IT''S JUST TOO MUCH WORK, PEOPLE!!!
32.gif

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/18/2009 7:19:10 PM
Author: Mara
OMG this happens all the time at work, it drives me crazy. I make sure to flush the toilet 3-4 times extra just because. Where''s the respect for privacy!

Thanks Mara: to flush the toilet extra times is a great idea.I have witnessed so many "private conversations" in the BR that I feel I should not flush as yet.... to be polite. Now I got it!!!
I shall flush and flush. Does it help?

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2009 10:25:26 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
People do it ALL THE TIME. There is nothing that annoys me more in the toilet than to hear someone on their cell phone while I finish my business. Stupids.

*eta, its worse when they are on speakerphone. There is NOTHING so pressing you need to chat on the pot.
20.gif

OMG, speakerphone?!
32.gif
What the heck! Why on earth would you do this? It just magnifies every sound in the place - I imagine when they/you flush it''s deafening.

White Orchid

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/18/2009 2:08:53 PM
Author: Circe
I have NO IDEA what is up with this. What''s worse, somehow, is being on the other end of the line - back in my single days, when I was trying to figure out where a blind date was, I called his cell after he was a few minutes late. He picked up and said, ''Oh, hey, I''m in the bathroom, I''ll be there in a few.''

Dude. Either, a) wait until you are DONE and call back, or b) LIE. That just does *not* set the mood.

Needless to say, there was no second date.

I think I would''ve cancelled at that point. Not a good first impression...

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Speakerphone in the bathroom is the most rude and disgusting thing!

No, I don''t go to the bathroom while on the phone. Not at home, and CERTAINLY not in public! Very gross.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2009 10:14:44 PM
Author: scarleta

Date: 5/18/2009 7:19:10 PM
Author: Mara
OMG this happens all the time at work, it drives me crazy. I make sure to flush the toilet 3-4 times extra just because. Where's the respect for privacy!

Thanks Mara: to flush the toilet extra times is a great idea.I have witnessed so many 'private conversations' in the BR that I feel I should not flush as yet.... to be polite. Now I got it!!!
I shall flush and flush. Does it help?
Haha I don't know Scarleta, but it sure makes me feel better!

Actually a few times, I have heard them say to hold on or they will call them back so maybe it does.

And yeah..whoever said it up above but what if its not just PEE. Gross!

I don''t talk on the phone but sometimes when we make a girl trip to the bathroom with friends we will talk in the stalls regardless of who is in there. hehe and a few times we thought we were alone and said things... and find out we''re not! hehe

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/18/2009 1:36:21 PM
Author:MonkeyPie
...the BATHROOM???

This makes me so angry. I just want to pee in private, not with your husband/friend/neighbor listening!

I wasn''t expecting that. That''s gross.

And, am I the only one that absolutely hates public restrooms?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2009 11:27:13 PM
Author: Kelli
Speakerphone in the bathroom is the most rude and disgusting thing!

No, I don''t go to the bathroom while on the phone. Not at home, and CERTAINLY not in public! Very gross.
same here.
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww nothing worse than to be talking to someone and hear a grunt plop plop.
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Like many of you, I despise public restrooms. Then when people don''t even wash their hands...
32.gif
23.gif
14.gif
38.gif

And SPEAKERPHONE???? Really? I don''t think I''ve ever been subjected to that, but I think I''d have to politely ask that person to get off the phone, that it was insulting me and my privacy and that it was making me really uncomfortable. Haha maybe I''d shout so the person on the other end could hear me, and tell them "they''ll have to call you back" - that''d make for some awkward conversation after they hung up and we were both done though.
40.gif
Haha maybe another *pretend I''m alone* moment?
37.gif

I think this thread has given me a whole new motivation. Anytime someone''s doing that, I''m going to flush as much as possible. Maybe cough a lot too. Pretend I have a cold and that I have to blow my nose a lot, and snort while I''m doing it. Make it as uncomfortable/uneasy for them to talk on the phone as it makes me for them to be doing it. It''s so rude!!
38.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2009 9:16:52 AM
Author: luvthemstrawberries
Like many of you, I despise public restrooms. Then when people don''t even wash their hands...
32.gif
23.gif
14.gif
38.gif

And SPEAKERPHONE???? Really? I don''t think I''ve ever been subjected to that, but I think I''d have to politely ask that person to get off the phone, that it was insulting me and my privacy and that it was making me really uncomfortable. Haha maybe I''d shout so the person on the other end could hear me, and tell them ''they''ll have to call you back'' - that''d make for some awkward conversation after they hung up and we were both done though.
40.gif
37.gif

I think this thread has given me a whole new motivation. Anytime someone''s doing that, I''m going to flush as much as possible. Maybe cough a lot too. Pretend I have a cold and that I have to blow my nose a lot, and snort while I''m doing it. Make it as uncomfortable/uneasy for them to talk on the phone as it makes me for them to be doing it. It''s so rude!!
38.gif

I wish I could get the guts to do this myself - but all I can think is that there are other people in the bathroom with me that must think I am revolting! If you flush four times, what the HECK did you do that won''t go down, you know what I mean? LOL!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2009 9:18:27 AM
Author: MonkeyPie

Date: 5/19/2009 9:16:52 AM
Author: luvthemstrawberries
32.gif
23.gif
14.gif
38.gif

And SPEAKERPHONE???? Really? I don''t think I''ve ever been subjected to that, but I think I''d have to politely ask that person to get off the phone, that it was insulting me and my privacy and that it was making me really uncomfortable. Haha maybe I''d shout so the person on the other end could hear me, and tell them ''they''ll have to call you back'' - that''d make for some awkward conversation after they hung up and we were both done though.
40.gif
37.gif

38.gif

I wish I could get the guts to do this myself - but all I can think is that there are other people in the bathroom with me that must think I am revolting! If you flush four times, what the HECK did you do that won''t go down, you know what I mean? LOL!
Haha I usually think about this too, but honestly, if they''re in the bathroom disrupting my very private functions by talking on the phone to a stranger, I wouldn''t care. I''d rather disrupt them back. At least it''d get them either off the phone or out of the bathroom. Any other time, though, I''m like you - I usually try to be as discreet as possible.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Mara:"
Haha I don''t know Scarleta, but it sure makes me feel better!

Actually a few times, I have heard them say to hold on or they will call them back so maybe it does.

And yeah..whoever said it up above but what if its not just PEE. Gross!"

I will most definitely give it a try instead of waiting quietly for them to finish their conversation so I can flush.
Will see how it goes?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results