shape
carat
color
clarity

Why would you EVER make a phone call in...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
...the BATHROOM???

This makes me so angry. I just want to pee in private, not with your husband/friend/neighbor listening!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lol... In public I''ve had a couple of strangers do it, and makes me so uncomfortable, I just try to wait quietly until they complete their phone call and then finish my business. A friend of mine does it all the time, and I hear her peeing... I"m like "call me later"

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
rotflmao2.gif

I''ve done that before. It''s usually at night when I''m about to leave and I get a phone call. I talk in the bathroom at home all the time though with my mom and cousin. They talk a lot and cutting them off because I have to go isn''t an option.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I understand doing it at home - there''s just one person in your bathroom then, YOU. But in a public bathroom??? Why would you do that to your caller or the other occupants? I always have this urge to make an incredibly rude noise lol.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I don''t usually pee in public places unless I absolutely must. So no, I would never sit on the toilet talking on the phone.

At home, while I don''t MAKE phone calls IN the bathroom, I DO stay on the phone if I have to go to the bathroom
9.gif
but only FI or my family/close friends. I wouldnt do that while on the phone with the bank or something.

GUILTY as charged.
12.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
This is like continuing to chew gum/eating when you use the rest room. I think both are a faux pas.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
LOL. I hate it myself! Just yesterday I was taking JT (who''s 3) to pee in the ladies lavatory. He''s standing there doing his business and the lady in the next stall is talking. He thinks she''s talking to him so he starts answering her and when she doesn''t respond correctly to what he''s saying, he figures she can''t hear him and starts yelling his answers to her. I was laughing so hard I couldn''t make him understand that she was on the phone. Finally, he got it and yelled "why are you talking on the phone in the bathroom??!!" She didn''t respond. Then, while she''s still on the phone, he proceeds to say loudly how stinky she is. I have to admit, it was a proud moment for me. Maybe the woman will learn to get off the dang phone!!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2009 1:53:12 PM
Author: somethingshiny
LOL. I hate it myself! Just yesterday I was taking JT (who''s 3) to pee in the ladies lavatory. He''s standing there doing his business and the lady in the next stall is talking. He thinks she''s talking to him so he starts answering her and when she doesn''t respond correctly to what he''s saying, he figures she can''t hear him and starts yelling his answers to her. I was laughing so hard I couldn''t make him understand that she was on the phone. Finally, he got it and yelled ''why are you talking on the phone in the bathroom??!!'' She didn''t respond. Then, while she''s still on the phone, he proceeds to say loudly how stinky she is. I have to admit, it was a proud moment for me. Maybe the woman will learn to get off the dang phone!!
you taught him well!
36.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Agreed! It is so annoying when people bring their phones into a public restroom. Major pet peeve of mine!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
LOL. I hate it myself! Just yesterday I was taking JT (who''s 3) to pee in the ladies lavatory. He''s standing there doing his business and the lady in the next stall is talking. He thinks she''s talking to him so he starts answering her and when she doesn''t respond correctly to what he''s saying, he figures she can''t hear him and starts yelling his answers to her. I was laughing so hard I couldn''t make him understand that she was on the phone. Finally, he got it and yelled ''why are you talking on the phone in the bathroom??!!'' She didn''t respond. Then, while she''s still on the phone, he proceeds to say loudly how stinky she is. I have to admit, it was a proud moment for me. Maybe the woman will learn to get off the dang phone!!
Hahahahahaha, sooooo funny!!! I just laughed out loud at this!!
3.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock

Ok, JT is AWESOME!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hahaha!! Ohh man. I had a neighbor my sophomore year of college that had NO shame in this regard. The first time I went shopping with her we were in the bathroom at the mall, and I heard her talking from her stall. Thought she was talking to me - nope, her mom!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
9.gif

What a good boy.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
There''s a woman I work with that does that a lot. I''ll go in the bathroom (quite a large one - 4 stalls) and she''s on the phone. One time she was sitting in the spare chair in the corner on it. I just walked right by her and into my stall - I''m not about to wait just b/c she chose the bathroom as her private talking place - she can find somewhere else. She didn''t even get up. I went about my business as she sat there and continued to talk. She ended up leaving right before I came out of the stall. She''s done that other times too. Actually I think there''s another woman who''s walked into the bathroom on the phone before while I was already in there.

I think it''s totally rude when someone else is in there. If you''re at home, who cares, as long as the other person doesn''t.

Hehe I''m with MP - makes me want to make a noise to embarrass them!!
27.gif
But I don''t think I could do that anyway.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have NO IDEA what is up with this. What''s worse, somehow, is being on the other end of the line - back in my single days, when I was trying to figure out where a blind date was, I called his cell after he was a few minutes late. He picked up and said, "Oh, hey, I''m in the bathroom, I''ll be there in a few."

Dude. Either, a) wait until you are DONE and call back, or b) LIE. That just does *not* set the mood.

Needless to say, there was no second date.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Haha this makes me want to link this thought to the awkward elevator thread. I don''t like to talk to people in the bathroom - I''d rather everyone just go about their own business. And I usually don''t if I never see them face to face - those little stall walls somehow separate me from the person 3 feet away.
20.gif
But if you pass each other on the way to the stall, it''s "hey, how are you?" "fine, how about you?" Haha I''d rather say "I''m fine but I''ve really got to go - can you leave now??"
25.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
No. Never. Unless it was an emergency - - as in someone needing help.

I always flush at the point where someone is 'listening' to the voice on the other end. And if I have to, you know, to get my point across, I'll flush more than once.

I mean in a public restroom.

Now, at home . . . well, I think I'll just say. . . the other person doesn't need to know where you are, do they?)
9.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
My husband likes to call me when he''s going #2 and inform me of it
20.gif
I don''t think he''s actually doing it, but the thought is pretty yucky! That''s just a joke, though - I could never sit there and actually talk to someone myself!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2009 1:49:22 PM
Author: Bia
I don''t usually pee in public places unless I absolutely must. So no, I would never sit on the toilet talking on the phone.

At home, while I don''t MAKE phone calls IN the bathroom, I DO stay on the phone if I have to go to the bathroom
9.gif
but only FI or my family/close friends. I wouldnt do that while on the phone with the bank or something.

GUILTY as charged.
12.gif
+1 100%

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2009 2:08:53 PM
Author: Circe
I have NO IDEA what is up with this. What''s worse, somehow, is being on the other end of the line - back in my single days, when I was trying to figure out where a blind date was, I called his cell after he was a few minutes late. He picked up and said, ''Oh, hey, I''m in the bathroom, I''ll be there in a few.''

Dude. Either, a) wait until you are DONE and call back, or b) LIE. That just does *not* set the mood.

Needless to say, there was no second date.
Eeeeek! That''s disturbing.
40.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Um, I wouldn''t, I think its disgusting and highly unsanitary, besides being inappropriate
14.gif

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
LOL....made me think of this joke my friend emailed me the other day:

This could happen to you !
I was barely sitting down when I heard a voice from the other stall saying:
''Hi, how are you?''
I''m not the type to start a conversation in the restroom. I don''t know what got into me, but I answered, somewhat embarrassed,
''Doin'' just fine!''
And the other person says:
''So what are you up to?''
What kind of question is that? At that point, I''m thinking this is too bizarre so I say:
''Uhhh, I''m like you, just sitting here.''
At this point I am just trying to get out as fast as I can when I hear another question:
''Can I come over?''
Ok, this question is just too weird for me. I figured I could politely end the conversation. I say:
''No........I''m a little busy right now!!!''
Then I hear the person say, nervously:
''Listen, I''ll have to call you back. There''s an idiot in the other stall who keeps answering all my questions!!''

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
LOL I remember that joke! All the more reason why you shouldn''t do this!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
LOL! Too funny!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I would never make a phone call in a public restroom. I think it''s inappropriate and unsanitary plus makes others feel very uncomfortable!

April20

Ideal_Rock
Phone calls from the bathroom freak me out. I don''t know why people do it! I hate it if my phone even rings while I''m in there. There''s no way in heck I''m answering it!!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
In a word?? NO, 2 words, hell NO!!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yuck, no.

Once I was using the bathroom and the woman was in the next stall over LYING to her mom about where she was (this was in Target and she said some other location). I didn't know whether to wait until she was done with her call to flush the toilet! lol

aveda6

Shiny_Rock
This thread made me laugh. I always have my phone with me but I''ve never answered or made a call while in a public restroom. At home that may be a different story and I''ve continued conversations while using the facilities but I''ve always been painfully quiet and only when talking to family. At work, however, I see this behaviour all of the ime and it never ceases to suprsie me.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Ugh, I hate this. I have to admit I was a little smug one day when my "neighbor" was chatting away and then I heard *scramble scramble SPLASH!!* followed by a string of $#%^# %$$#%^.
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results