shape
carat
color
clarity

Why would a piece have two number stamps?

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
On the outside of the clasp latch is a clear K-7454. On the inside is a faint 729 (there might be something in front of this number, it is very faint and hard to read). Does anyone know why there might be this second number engraved on the inside latch? Long shot, does the K in front of the number of the outside latch give any clue about it’s maker? Thanks!
18E2E0A6-50AF-44A6-82EE-9788CDB0D37E.jpeg 5B822C94-5492-4CE2-BE3D-387A9C0680A1.jpeg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since the “729” is hand-engraved, and somewhat inexpertly so, it might have been added by an owner somewhere along the line.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since the “729” is hand-engraved, and somewhat inexpertly so, it might have been added by an owner somewhere along the line.

Do you have a guess why they might have done this? There aren’t any dots or dashes to indicate a date. If it is because this is the 729th piece they acquired then I REALLY admire the previous owner, LOL.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe it’s a date of significance without the dash.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good question!

My father used to write the date he acquired something somewhere on most everything he owned... after his was cleared out by the estate sale folks and their thrift shop fairies, I walked into a local thrift shop and spotted a milk shake maker that looked familiar. I turned it over, snd sure enough, there was a date, written in sharpie in my father's handwriting!

My mother hand-engraved her name on her good scissors so they wouldn’t get mixed up with others at quilting get-together.

My best guess is it’s some sort of inventory number, maybe tied to somebody’s will?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe it was sold in July 1929?.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good question!

My father used to write the date he acquired something somewhere on most everything he owned... after his was cleared out by the estate sale folks and their thrift shop fairies, I walked into a local thrift shop and spotted a milk shake maker that looked familiar. I turned it over, snd sure enough, there was a date, written in sharpie in my father's handwriting!

My mother hand-engraved her name on her good scissors so they wouldn’t get mixed up with others at quilting get-together.

My best guess is it’s some sort of inventory number, maybe tied to somebody’s will?

Love the story of finding your father’s milkshake maker!

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d like to see more photos of this item. Looks awesome!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d like to see more photos of this item. Looks awesome!

It’s a little long and at the jeweler’s having a few links removed. Pics hopefully later this week or early next week.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Sell by" and "use by" dates?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning bracelet! And so luxurious...

I’m guessing the hand-engraved number was some sort of personal inventory number.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results