shape
carat
color
clarity

Why would a diamond do this, and have you seen it before?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

skphotoimages

Shiny_Rock
My diamond seems to appear what ever color is around. And I don''t mean a little like it reflects in some of the facets, it like REALLY takes on a color. For example, when I am in our basement which has red oak rafters, my ring is VERY pinkish red. If I am in a room that is painted a vivid color, like blue, my diamond turns blue. And when I am in my SUV, which has tan interior, my ring turns this aweful tannish green color. I think the green is from the sun strip on the windshield. Anyone seen or heard of this before?

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2007 8:45:02 AM
Author:skphotoimages
My diamond seems to appear what ever color is around. And I don''t mean a little like it reflects in some of the facets, it like REALLY takes on a color. For example, when I am in our basement which has red oak rafters, my ring is VERY pinkish red. If I am in a room that is painted a vivid color, like blue, my diamond turns blue. And when I am in my SUV, which has tan interior, my ring turns this aweful tannish green color. I think the green is from the sun strip on the windshield. Anyone seen or heard of this before?

A diamond that is gathering the Intensity, Color, Brightness of light, and "details" in the environment it is in, is a good thing.

It is showing you it is returning well the "elements" of what it is getting and returning this back to your eye.

Even if you pass your hand over the stone, you should see the color of your skin, refracting through the facets, as you move your hand. If you do it is performing well.

Hope that helps.
Rockdoc

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
well, i would think that this means you have a well cut diamond where all the light coming in through the table is going back out through the table.

pros- correct me if I''m wrong.
1.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Why would a diamond do this, - a diamond can reflect back only a part of what was coming in, if the main amount of light was of a particular wavelength (for example red in a room with red walls which absorbed other colors of light but red) your stone will return same waves to your eyes.

and have you seen it before? - everybody have, think of your diamond as a mirror, walk into your basement with one and point it to the wall - you will see a wall reflected and if your mirror is not colored (like colorless diamond) you will see a color of the wall.

This example is simplified to the extreme to illustrate just one of the properties of diamond.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2007 8:45:02 AM
Author:skphotoimages
The first pic below is in my dining room which has 85 year old pine paneling on all 4 walls... the one below is blue from the sky.

Yes! normal and to some appreciated!! Does the aset have a lot of green?

cbOMC20.jpg

cbOMC99.jpg

skphotoimages

Shiny_Rock
WoW! Ok, thanks. I feel better now. I''ve never seen another diamond that did it, but those pictures really helped. I guess it bothered me mostly because of how ugly it is in my car. LOL.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
I am now wondering if mine is doing it too.?Never noticed or did not pay attention.Will check it out..

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
mine definitely does that as well, i love it. it makes the diamond such a chameleon. one of my fave places to view my stone is in my car which is blue interior. so it picks up these lovely icy white blues in the stone and makes it look kinda fluorescenty, especially when it''s newly cleaned. ahh *sigh*

skphotoimages

Shiny_Rock
Cehrabehra, what did you mean by "Does the aset have a lot of green?"

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2007 2:47:13 PM
Author: skphotoimages
Cehrabehra, what did you mean by ''Does the aset have a lot of green?''
oh I was just curious where the color was coming from - someone who knows more about ASET could explain it better....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results