Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

WHY will this day not end.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Aug 8, 2005
Messages
40,198
Tomorrow, thank all the gods and saints, is election day when FINALLY the endless AGONY of the campaigns will be OVER.

Does anyone else want to start drinking NOW, black out, and wake up on Wednesday?
 

LLJsmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Oct 24, 2012
Messages
9,257
Were you reading my mind? I wasn't thinking about the election, but I did wonder why this day kept going...and going...

What a day...
 

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Aug 8, 2005
Messages
40,198
LLJsmom|1478586044|4095046 said:
Were you reading my mind? I wasn't thinking about the election, but I did wonder why this day kept going...and going...

What a day...

You too???

OMG! I had the worst day.

Wanna tell me about yours? What's up?
 

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
May 27, 2009
Messages
2,147
Yesterday, I was threatening (in my head, anyway) to stick my head in the sand.
Today, I was thinking that crawling under a rock might be a better choice, then I can bring a book, food and drink with me, while I hide from the insanity.
Reality is I'm going to go to work, go with my 18 year old daughter to vote, then come home and find that food and drink while I keep the news going in the background. Maybe not too far in the background.

The truth is, that as bad as this election year has been, it's going to effect me, my family, you, your family, and all we know.

And, hopefully, by this time tomorrow, the "election" will be over we will know the results. Unfortunately, the insanity may continue. I wish I could say different.
 

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
May 11, 2012
Messages
9,516
I think if Trump wins then I will need a glass of something to accept it, that will be one long day letting it sink it if it happens. The end of last week the polls had him leading at one point and Internationally your stockmarket fell a little and our dollar by comparison went up, which is good for us, but like Brexit I think the ordinary US citizen that wants to rally against the status quo and is tired of the way things are (I understand that, I really do) doesn't comprehend the full set of ramifications both nationally and internationally if he wins....

It's a true shame there aren't decent candidates on both sides, then I wouldn't feel the need to even comment upon your elections. On a personal note it's been a long bad week, I had a tummy bug/virus that also makes your head pound, the ground spin etc from hell for around a week. :errrr:
 

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Aug 8, 2005
Messages
40,198
John Stewart on the Late Show just made my night.

...."I'm a little parched."
 

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 8, 2008
Messages
33,914
HA, must be something in the air because I had an awful day yesterday too though it had little to do with this never ending election. Yesterday was the joy it was thanks to the technology/electronics powers (as in not working) that be but that is not relevant to this thread. I am glad yesterday is over though with today being election day and tomorrow being the aftermath well I am not too sure how improved it will be. One can hope! :pray: Hey and at least after today we will be finished with this infernal campaigning. That has to count for something right?
 

Snowdrop13

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Joined
Aug 27, 2011
Messages
1,859
Well, I don't even live in the US and I'm sick of all the campaigning, I feel for you! We're getting non stop reporting at the moment, the rest of the world is looking on, fascinated. Good luck!
 

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 22, 2004
Messages
37,365
A new chapter will start tomorrow, and in both scenarios, I doubt it will be pretty because the opposition isn't likely to accept the outcome. I hope that isn't the case but it is something I am prepared to see splashed all over the news.
 

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 26, 2003
Messages
21,100
My daughter is dreading the end of today because she doesn't know what she will do with her time now that she will not have the election coverage to follow on television with me at night. I am actually pleased by that because i would rather have her engaged in the political process than watching True Crime shows on television.

AGBF
 

LadyMCh

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 30, 2016
Messages
318
Chrono|1478611970|4095142 said:
A new chapter will start tomorrow, and in both scenarios, I doubt it will be pretty because the opposition isn't likely to accept the outcome. I hope that isn't the case but it is something I am prepared to see splashed all over the news.

This is my biggest fear. That Election Day will come and go, but it won't be over. :errrr: We went and played pub trivia last night, so that was a good distraction. But, DH is working late tonight, so I'm going to have to come up with some solo distractions. Perhaps a Netflix marathon is needed.
 

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Joined
Sep 16, 2007
Messages
1,247
LadyMCh|1478621475|4095204 said:
Chrono|1478611970|4095142 said:
A new chapter will start tomorrow, and in both scenarios, I doubt it will be pretty because the opposition isn't likely to accept the outcome. I hope that isn't the case but it is something I am prepared to see splashed all over the news.

This is my biggest fear. That Election Day will come and go, but it won't be over. :errrr: We went and played pub trivia last night, so that was a good distraction. But, DH is working late tonight, so I'm going to have to come up with some solo distractions. Perhaps a Netflix marathon is needed.
Let me recommend The Great British Bake Off -- I'm watching all the seasons from the beginning on Youtube (streamed to my tv). I'm really focused on pie crust soggy bottoms and creme pat consistency this week to take my mind off things. :lol:
 

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Mar 3, 2013
Messages
4,660
I will be relieved when it's over, but I know it won't really be over because next comes the gloating and/or complaining.
 

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 7, 2014
Messages
7,024
I had dental surgery yesterday so I have very little memory of what happened yesterday. My husband said I told him that if Trump wins the election that I was going straight to Heroin.
 

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jul 27, 2011
Messages
6,377
Calliecake|1478624856|4095239 said:
I had dental surgery yesterday so I have very little memory of what happened yesterday. My husband said I told him that if Trump wins the election that I was going straight to Heroin.
giggling hahahaha
 

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 30, 2005
Messages
28,163
momhappy|1478624005|4095235 said:
I will be relieved when it's over, but I know it won't really be over because next comes the gloating and/or complaining.

Are you complaining again? :wink2:
 

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Mar 3, 2013
Messages
4,660
kenny|1478625106|4095243 said:
momhappy|1478624005|4095235 said:
I will be relieved when it's over, but I know it won't really be over because next comes the gloating and/or complaining.

Are you complaining again? :wink2:
Of course not! I've been told I'm not allowed to complain because I didn't vote for a presidential candidate ;-)
 

Bayek

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
May 11, 2013
Messages
6,660
Gypsy|1478585944|4095045 said:
Tomorrow, thank all the gods and saints, is election day when FINALLY the endless AGONY of the campaigns will be OVER.

Does anyone else want to start drinking NOW, black out, and wake up on Wednesday?
I laughed out loud when I read your topic.. yes I can't wait for tomorrow and actually at around 10:00 am I thought hell, let's make a bloody mary, but declined..
 

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Sep 3, 2015
Messages
143
I cannot wait until tomorrow! I told my boss yesterday that I may walk in with a margarita on Wednesday if my candidate does not win. At least it will help with coping. She laughed!
I was pleased to see lines at polling places this morning while taking the kiddos to school. People are voting.
 

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Feb 22, 2009
Messages
4,004
Gypsy|1478585944|4095045 said:
Tomorrow, thank all the gods and saints, is election day when FINALLY the endless AGONY of the campaigns will be OVER.

Does anyone else want to start drinking NOW, black out, and wake up on Wednesday?
Gypsy,

did you write this at six in the morning?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Aug 12, 2005
Messages
17,750
I'm enjoying this day tremendously! ( :naughty: ) No really, though, my town is buzzing. Free parking all day downtown (which made it hard to find a spot for my meeting), police everywhere, students everywhere, and a general air of excitement.

One of my best friends is in DC for work this week and we've been texting today. He says the same about DC--all abuzz. I would love to be in that town tonight. Another friend was in NYC last week staying in Times Square when Trump and Clinton were both there. She is a photojournalist and has covered tons of events but she said she was more excited about this than anything ever before.

So, I am enjoying this time and this historic day.
 

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Aug 12, 2005
Messages
17,750
Calliecake|1478624856|4095239 said:
I had dental surgery yesterday so I have very little memory of what happened yesterday. My husband said I told him that if Trump wins the election that I was going straight to Heroin.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Aug 8, 2005
Messages
40,198
House Cat|1478633760|4095309 said:
Gypsy|1478585944|4095045 said:
Tomorrow, thank all the gods and saints, is election day when FINALLY the endless AGONY of the campaigns will be OVER.

Does anyone else want to start drinking NOW, black out, and wake up on Wednesday?
Gypsy,

did you write this at six in the morning?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No, it was around midnight.
 

Venti25

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Apr 12, 2012
Messages
179
I'm contemplating drinking heavily and it is only 11 am in this part of the world. Most of the office is feeling the same way right now.
 

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Aug 8, 2005
Messages
40,198
Election day, looking possibility of Trump presidency, and a kidney infection that has me in so much pain I grabbed a narcotic pain medicine which hasn't kicked in yet. So... I decided Matata had the right idea with the nutella. I'm much happier now.
 

dk168

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jul 7, 2013
Messages
5,630
08 Nov was the date of my late partner's sudden death eight years ago and I am glad it is over for another year.

Time heals, and I have moved on in many ways, however it still affects me.

DK ::)
 

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
May 11, 2012
Messages
9,516
Millions were wiped off the Aussie stock market this afternoon we watched it during the day, (as your election results became clear). I think in the US, that this will be a day that won't end because of the full ramifications of it, and it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better....

DK - I am sorry for your loss.
 

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Joined
Dec 18, 2014
Messages
1,118
dk168|1478680789|4095734 said:
08 Nov was the date of my late partner's sudden death eight years ago and I am glad it is over for another year.

Time heals, and I have moved on in many ways, however it still affects me.

DK ::)
DK I am sorry for your loss. You are a remarkable person for going on to live your life with so much strength. I am sure he would be proud.
 
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Vintage OEC Bracelet
    Vintage OEC Bracelet
    June’s Birthstone Trinity
    June’s Birthstone Trinity
    Memorial Day Jewelry 2020
    Memorial Day Jewelry 2020

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor



Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.
Top