shape
carat
color
clarity

Why such a "crappy" score on the HCA

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

abbey

Rough_Rock
Well I found a stone that I thought looked interesting based on the Depth and Table numbers and boy am I glad I ran it through the HCA. It scored 4.2=Only if price is the only object..... So, I admit I''m a little lost with all of the numbers, I''m sure that the score has something to do with the crown and pavillion measurements, but what EXACTLY threw this stone into the "ugly" zone?

Info:
3.0 DSI1
Depth=61.8
Table=56
Crown height=15%
Pavillion Depth=44%

Anyone?
Thanks!

abbey

Rough_Rock
Nope-haven't seen it, only looking for potentials online. It's an EGL which I hadn't considered before, just the price (~20K) was so good. So I'm feeling like if it sounds to good to be true...it probably is.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
For a D, SI1, that's either the deal of the century or something is up--EGL or not. That price would be more appropriate for an J, SI1-2...I know b/c I just purchased a 3.01 EGL H, SI2, Ideal cut (verified by appraiser) and have a frame of reference for EGL stones.

confused.gif
???
read.gif

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
The pavilion seems deep - without the angles for crown and pavilion it's difficult to say, but you may have a deep-steep cut and therefore it might be an unattractive stone.

Which EGL lab is it?

The price seems way low, so use caution...but you never know.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ideal-scope based on those #'s.
But if the roundin meant that the 15% was really 14.8 and the pavilion was really 43.8% and the gridle was sligtly thick, then it could be an OK stone.
On the other hand it might be 15.2% and 44.2% with a very thin girdle.
Labs should not waste peoples time with rounded % data.

uglyish.jpg

abbey

Rough_Rock
I'm not very experienced with reading the ideal scope... but what I see is lots of white especially around the edges. This makes the stone look smaller - right? Anyway I left off the girdle information which says it has a Medium girdle. Probably doesn't change much. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results