shape
carat
color
clarity

Why Men Marry Bitches

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
So the "Which One Counts" thread got me thinking about one of my favorite "self help" books.

I remember being a LIW and getting so freaking caught up in the proposal process. Believe me, I had thought about it enough on my own, then I found PS and found a little niche that I could fit into. Suddenly I was checking the LIW board many, many times per day and that totally didn't help my cause. Although I'm so grateful for PS in terms of the educational aspect of diamonds, DH would probably have shut down the LIW board if he had the opportunity. :cheeky:

I recently pulled my "Why Men Marry Bitches" book off the shelf and started re-reading it. I read it shortly after DH and I moved in together and I started using some of the principles from the book. I specifically remember it was like a switch was flipped. It's not a book about tricking a man into proposing, but about making sure he knows that you have so much self respect, he'd better hurry up and lock you down before someone else realizes how amazing you are and does it first.

I'd heard it time and time again, men like the thrill of the chase, men are competitive. No wonder things didn't progress as fast as I thought they would when I said "okey dokey! I'm ready to get married. Go buy the ring and let's do this!" Things always moved faster in our relationship when I backed off and just let him do his thing. (I remember when we first started dating and I decided to not be the one to call him on a Friday night and told him I wouldn't be going out with him. I think he called and texted me every hour to see what I was doing and if I was sure I didn't want to meet up, haha) I still got the desired end result: proposal and marriage, but sometimes I just totally cringe when I think about how many times I asked about the damn ring and "are we on the same page?"

I just really love this book and I wanted to recommend it to you LIWs. So if you happen to be strolling by your local bookstore, you should pick up a copy. Here's a link to the book on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Why-Men-Marry...books&qid=1285182659&sr=8-1#reader_074327637X

Read the first few pages and see if it speaks to you. I know it did to me.

Oh, and I swear I'm not trying to bash the LIW boards! I really loved my time here and the ladies. I think I just had a hard time separating myself from all the anticipation here when we were just dating.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much Travel, im gonna go get this book, maybe ill go today

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm with you 100% on this, Travel Goddess.

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Fabulous read! Read that book, as well as "Why men date Bitches"...same basic principals...

FuturePsyD

Shiny_Rock
I haven been wanting to read this book forever.

You have inspired me to finally read this book! Sounds like it's packed with amazing advice. Especially for LIWs.

Does anyone know what happened to Wakingdreams "Which One Counts" thread? I commented on it yesterday, I believe, and went back to add a thought and it was gone. Did we do something wrong to where administration closed the thread? I was just wondering for future reference if rules were broken so as to avoid them in the future! :???:

PrincessNatalie

Shiny_Rock
I have been hearing good things about this book for a while now, so I just went and bought it off ebay! I think I am much more level headed as a LIW now than 4 months ago though :)

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
My mum always used to say... "You have to treat them mean to keep them keen". There is something in it for sure.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
FuturePsyD said:
I haven been wanting to read this book forever.

You have inspired me to finally read this book! Sounds like it's packed with amazing advice. Especially for LIWs.

Does anyone know what happened to Wakingdreams "Which One Counts" thread? I commented on it yesterday, I believe, and went back to add a thought and it was gone. Did we do something wrong to where administration closed the thread? I was just wondering for future reference if rules were broken so as to avoid them in the future! :???:

Mm. Some kind soul chimed in with additional corroboration for the "WakingDreams is a Big Faker" school by linking to photos of her body and her hands and saying they didn't match. Kinda unsurprisingly, WakingDreams was offended and said she would be asking the mods to wipe her off the board. Don't remember the poster, thought it was ridiculously crass.

Glitz

Shiny_Rock
Years ago my friend and I thought the name of "Why Men Love Bitches" was written about us! Neither of us had read the book though, we just loved the name of it, but now I think I'll have to actually read the other book "Why Men Marry Bitches", I'm pretty excited for this weekend now :read:

Hopefully this book will teach me ways to keep my LIW'itis under control, lord knows I don't need to have another meltdown with my SO about the ring, how pathetic that must have looked :nono:

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
hawaiianorangetree said:
My mum always used to say... "You have to treat them mean to keep them keen". There is something in it for sure.

Oh, that's a wonderful phrase!! I love it.

My mother didn't have anything cute that rhymed. She just always said "Stop chasing boys! They don't like it. Let them chase YOU for once." But she was right. I think women sometimes have the same competitive nature. I know there have been plenty of times that I wasn't particularly interested in a guy, but if I saw that someone else was interested in him, it piqued my curiosity and he would become more desirable.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Circe said:
Mm. Some kind soul chimed in with additional corroboration for the "WakingDreams is a Big Faker" school by linking to photos of her body and her hands and saying they didn't match. Kinda unsurprisingly, WakingDreams was offended and said she would be asking the mods to wipe her off the board. Don't remember the poster, thought it was ridiculously crass.

Bummer. As completely frustrating and annoying as that thread was, it was very entertaining.

A

Anonymous

Lame about the Wakingdreams issue. I finally worked up the patience to post a nice response and hadn't gotten a chance to see if any of it actually got through to her. Ah well. I hope she's ok. As crazy and dramatic as she was, I know she has feelings too.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I'm sure we all have opinions regarding one another but I don't think this is the place to point out someones negative qualities, mainly because we ALL have at least one too. :nono:

FuturePsyD

Shiny_Rock
Circe:

Thanks so much for the update re Wakingdream. I read the posts claiming she was a "fake", then I saw 2 links that were posted, like you said, that tried to point out that her body in one picture didn't match her fingers in another. When I went back to comment the thread was gone.

Apparently the whole thing got out of hand after that! :errrr:

A

Anonymous

I'm sure she's ok. She posted in another forum today. =)

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
tammy77 said:
I'm sure she's ok. She posted in another forum today. =)

I have no idea what happened...I missed it all but it sounds like it was pretty intense!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How funny, I just checked this book out of the library a few weeks ago. I thought it was ok, though I liked The Rules a little bit more.

I have been looking for a book that offers real advice on avoiding men who hit it and quit it, but haven't found much. I guess, it's unavoidable, though, similar to a man's problem, where no matter how good he is at pick up, he is not immune to rejection.

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
My best advice for avoiding men who "hit it and quit it" is either don't let them hit it until you have a commitment or don't tie sex to commitment in your brain. Make a choice about what sex means to you and stick to it.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Guilty Pleasure said:
My best advice for avoiding men who "hit it and quit it" is either don't let them hit it until you have a commitment or don't tie sex to commitment in your brain. Make a choice about what sex means to you and stick to it.

Amen!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Guilty Pleasure said:

I was trying to think of a tactful way to say what you said... :appl:

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Travel Goddess said:
hawaiianorangetree said:

Oh, that's a wonderful phrase!! I love it.

My mother didn't have anything cute that rhymed. She just always said "Stop chasing boys! They don't like it. Let them chase YOU for once." But she was right. I think women sometimes have the same competitive nature. I know there have been plenty of times that I wasn't particularly interested in a guy, but if I saw that someone else was interested in him, it piqued my curiosity and he would become more desirable.

She also had another saying... "They wont buy the cow if they get the milk for free"

DH hates that one! :cheeky:

PrincessNatalie

Shiny_Rock
I hate that one too lol. I wouldn't want a man who was only marrying me for the "milk".

I have my electronic milking device for that. :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results