shape
carat
color
clarity

Why is this diamond whiter? - Best diamond?

thinkp4d

Rough_Rock
Dear readers,

Kindly check out these 2 LG, round diamonds:

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...at-d-color-vs2-clarity-ideal-cut-sku-11487130

vs.

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...at-d-color-vs2-clarity-ideal-cut-sku-12470177

Can you tell me what gives the more whiter appeareance to the 2nd one? The only things I see different are the proportions, in favor of the 1st one (judging by the ideal proportions). However, I like more the brightness of the 2nd one. Is that even a good thing?

On a general note, I'm trying to identify the picture perfect diamond (hopefully that translates to real life perfection). So just by looking at the JA initial picture, is one able to tell with a high degree of certainty that one diamond will be a great performer? To aid in this regard, are the following things relevant?

- sharpness of the arrows? (clearly defined and black arrows vs poorly defined and blackish/gray nuances)
- degree of whiteness (for same color diamonds
- just like in the example above - both D color).- how should the table/center look like?

Pictures/links/reads of what you think the perfect diamond (top view) looks like would help a lot!

etc.

Thanks in advance!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
#2 looks impressive, despite the CA and PA pairing.

Scores a 1.4 on the HCA:

This one should (and apparently does) lean toward brilliance, albeit with a small sacrifice in fire.

If you are wanting a diamond that leans towards balanced or even a bit more fire, then here are some alternatives:

Extreme clean SI1 (tiny pinpoints and needles that will likely never be seen with the naked eye... definitely will not interfere with transparency and light return). Color is probably closer to a GIA G-H.

Another very clean SI1. These inclusions appear to be a mix of very tiny pinpoints and needles (growth remnants). Surpasses the 2 carat mark. Part of their True Hearts lineup, which do carry a hefty price premium. Ideal-Scope looks great.

If none of these strike your fancy, then I think you could give your 1.9 D VS2 a test drive: if it doesn't absolutely wow you, then JA will take care of you with their return/exchange program.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@DejaWiz I really like the 1.90 E VS2 and 2.04 E SI1 you posted!

The shallow pavilion on the original 1.90 D VS2 makes the arrows elongated in a less pleasing way to my eye.

Might I also suggest this one? It's a good example of a "perfect" diamond to me.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
@DejaWiz I really like the 1.90 E VS2 and 2.04 E SI1 you posted!

The shallow pavilion on the original 1.90 D VS2 makes the arrows elongated in a less pleasing way to my eye.

Might I also suggest this one? It's a good example of a "perfect" diamond to me.

Drool-inducing diamond...very nice suggestion!

4Sophie

Rough_Rock
Dear readers,

Kindly check out these 2 LG, round diamonds:

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...at-d-color-vs2-clarity-ideal-cut-sku-11487130

vs.

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...at-d-color-vs2-clarity-ideal-cut-sku-12470177

Can you tell me what gives the more whiter appeareance to the 2nd one? The only things I see different are the proportions, in favor of the 1st one (judging by the ideal proportions). However, I like more the brightness of the 2nd one. Is that even a good thing?

On a general note, I'm trying to identify the picture perfect diamond (hopefully that translates to real life perfection). So just by looking at the JA initial picture, is one able to tell with a high degree of certainty that one diamond will be a great performer? To aid in this regard, are the following things relevant?

- sharpness of the arrows? (clearly defined and black arrows vs poorly defined and blackish/gray nuances)
- degree of whiteness (for same color diamonds
- just like in the example above - both D color).- how should the table/center look like?

Pictures/links/reads of what you think the perfect diamond (top view) looks like would help a lot!

etc.

Thanks in advance!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results