Table %: 68%
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Girdle: Thin to Medium
Culet: None
Fluorescence: Medium
Measurements: 4.16 x 4.13 x 2.96 mm
Length/width ratio: 1.01

This diamond is at least $100 cheaper than most other .44 diamonds with pretty similar characteristics. Am I missing something that would make this a bad diamond or is it just because of the fluorescence that it is cheaper?

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
who issued the cert on this one?

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
hmmm - maybe the fluorescence? can you post specs for the others?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
How old is the grading report? Might be a trade in/buy back stone that the vendor wants to unload ASAP to get back his investment. VG in symm can bring down price somewhat too.

Or might just be the cut is really bad, without image no one can tell from just the numbers.

mstralow

Rough_Rock
The grading report is from June 29, 2011 so its pretty new. The cut is also labeled as very good so I cant imagine its completely awful. I dont have any experience when it comes to diamonds so do you think I would really be able to tell if its not a top quality diamond and just a good diamond?

jaebond

Shiny_Rock
I would venture a guess that it is just the fluorescence.

mstralow

Rough_Rock
The medium fluorescence doesnt really pose a problem though right? From what I have read it seems like it does not make a huge difference and some people really like it

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
My guess is the flouro. In stones in the D-H even I stones it is sometimes deemed a negative- I don't get why as long as it's not very strong an an over-blue appearance IRL.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
I thought that GIA doesn't specify cut grade... :confused:

simikjean

Rough_Rock
so strange,i am not sure.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
mayerling|1311667399|2976934 said:
I thought that GIA doesn't specify cut grade... :confused:

I meant to say I thought GIA doesn't specify cut grade for fancy cuts like princesses.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yap, GIA do not grade the cut performance of a princess. Just take a look at the grading report instead of what was written on the vendor site. You will notice there is not cut grade when comparing that with a GIA report for a round brilliant. The cut grade is given by the vendor and can mean anything depending on what metric he uses for grading.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results