shape
carat
color
clarity

Why is there such a difference in price?

ThrottleB

Rough_Rock
I'm looking at a 2.96ct on James Allen that is priced at $8680 for an E-VS1.
Adiamor sells a 2.96ct E- VS1 priced at $5,067
While B2C jewels also sells a 2.96 E - VS1 for $3245

What is it here I'm not understanding about the vastly different prices?

Sorry, I'm new here.

Reactions: Ann

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is no rhyme or reason to lab diamond pricing. The retailers just price them at what they think they can get. GIA-graded stones do tend to trade at a premium.

ThrottleB

Rough_Rock
Those are all GIA.

Would it make any sense not to go with the lower priced LGD? The specifications are so similar.

luckygreen317

Brilliant_Rock
I think there is a price difference in the type of lab diamond, CVD or HPHT:

HPHT diamonds grow in a cuboctahedron shape and have 14 different growth directions, while a CVD diamond has a cubic shape and only one growth direction. This can sometimes cause a CVD diamond to show evidence of strains, but this is rare and only can be seen under extremely high magnification.
This is from a google search not my opinion:
HPHT diamonds tend to be of a higher quality than CVD diamonds. This is because it is easier to control the conditions during the HPHT development process. In fact, labs often use the HPHT process on CVD diamonds after they are developed to improve them further.

ThrottleB

Rough_Rock
How do you know if it's HPHT or CVD?

Thanks.

Reactions: Ann

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hello and welcome to PriceScope, ThrottleB!
We can help you find your "The One" diamond by providing some outstanding recommendations for you to pick from.
Do you mind giving us some details about what you're looking for?
We'll just need the carat range you want, color grades you're comfortable with, clarity grade preference (is eye-clean acceptable, or so you want to target specific grades), and price cap for just the loose diamond.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
For myself, I would go for the lowest cost, extremely well cut HPHT without blue nuance.

Yes, HPHT All day long!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Found the diamond offered a JA:

I'm not well versed with most fancy shapes, but this one might be worth a close look...and hopefully some fellow PS'ers that have keen eyes for Princess Cuts can chime in with their thoughts whether it's a yeah or nay.

3.49 E VS1 HPHT
...just under $3500

If the consensus is that it may be a worthwhile option, then I can post the seller link (or you can chat with me on Reddit).

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I see that beauty is gone - hope it was OP :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results