shape
carat
color
clarity

Why is Asscher cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kcola

Rough_Rock
Can you tell me what is the big deal about these asscher cut diamonds what is the difference between a princess. Why are they so pricey and are they as brilliant as rounds?

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
You just have to go look - especially if you have a Royal Asscher dealer in your area. It's just me but after looking at a thousand and one ideal rounds, something as distinctive and different as the RA really stands out. Same thing to be said about old cuts. I'll let someone else do the fancy descriptions
1.gif

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 9/9/2004 9:03:36 PM kcola wrote:

Can you tell me what is the big deal about these asscher cut diamonds what is the difference between a princess. Why are they so pricey and are they as brilliant as rounds?----------------

Hi,
It's true- Asschers are quite popular.
There are branded stones- The Royal Asscher, and also non branded stones which have a similar profile.
Basically, an Asshcer is a square emerald cut, or octagonal step cut.
Princess cuts are faceted in a manner similar to a round brilliant- they have a lot of sparkle, as compared to step cut stones, like Asschers, have glitter.

Our Asscher Info Page

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results