shape
carat
color
clarity

Why dont vendors have to be identified as advisors?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

spicolicpa

Shiny_Rock
I hope I do not offend anyone with this post. This is just a question and I am not implying anything.

Wouldnt it be more informative if there was a notation by each person who posts at Pricescope where they are employed?

This would also serve to identify the stores that are so VERY helpful and informative.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Professionals in the biz, vendors and appraisers alike, do identify themselves. It is required by PS. Just take a look at all their signatures. Diamond Bob and Lesley H are from White Flash, Rhino (aka Jonathan) is from Good Old Gold, Todd and Robin are from Nice Ice, Josh is from Dirt Cheap Diamonds, etc.
2.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
PQ is right. The vendors & employees are identified as such.

spicolicpa

Shiny_Rock
I stand corrected- I thought this was an optional thing and not required by the Seller.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Gee, I'm not sure you that you should stand corrected, Spicol. I think you were right the first time.

Guys, the forum policies don't appear to *require* identifying one's status as a vendor. This is what I see under "forum policies:

If you are a member of the trade, please follow the following post content rules:

1. Do not use a promotional slogan in your signature. You may sign your posts with your name, credentials and company name.

That language suggests what they are allowed to do, but not that they are required to do so.

(FYI, the girls are correct in saying that most of the regular vendors here DO identify themselves. But I do see Spicol's point.....a vendor could post here and elect not to identify himself.)

spicolicpa

Shiny_Rock
Hehe

Okay its good to know I am right every now and again.

Lets look into this a bit further.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Spico, you're not uncovering any great *new* conspiracy on PS. "Undercover" vendors w/ agendas have been around for a long time. Leonid is good at spotting them & what he misses the poster's usually figure it out.

Nearly all the vendors that post information do so under their name.

On the flip side, consumers have also posted under different names to force *their* agenda. Many times a tirade about a Lab, company or dealer.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 10/15/2003 5:50:29 PM aljdewey wrote:

Gee, I'm not sure you that you should stand corrected, Spicol. I think you were right the first time.

P>----------------

Why did you *have* to encourage him?
wink2.gif
9.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 10/15/2003 6:12:13 PM fire&ice wrote:

wink2.gif
9.gif

----------------

SOB! (As in the cry, not the acronym!)....I couldn't HELP myself. (Is there a 12-step program for this?)

You know what a stickler I am for accuracy, and it's not fair for me to beat his horse all damn day and then not acknowledge when he gets it right!

Stick with us, Spicol. We're a contentious bunch, but we have the best intentions.
wink2.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 10/15/2003 6:15:20 PM aljdewey wrote:

----------------
wink2.gif
9.gif

----------------

SOB! (As in the cry, not the acronym!)....You know what a stickler I am for accuracy, and it's not fair for me to beat his horse all damn day and then not acknowledge when he gets it right!

/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/wink2.gif[/img]
----------------

For accuracy Al please put him back on track. He has veered off the beaten path & is now doggedly pursuing me in his conspiracy theory.
9.gif

Can we get back to the fact that we don't have enough information about ss1934's ring?
9.gif

spicolicpa

Shiny_Rock
I knew the two of you were really TIFFANY employees trying RIP me off with Obfuscation and other nasty tricks

Really though you must think me a monster......

Lets see if we can address this and maybe get it so its manditory? Why not?

Sellers please feel free to give your opinions either way.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 10/15/2003 6:30:14 PM spicolicpa wrote:

I knew the two of you were really TIFFANY employees trying RIP me off with Obfuscation and other nasty tricks

OH Kay Dokey - I'm going to bite. You are kidding? Have you done a Tif. search?

Al, the thing is...my fav. saying...dif b/w he & Jlim is this guy is actually funny. And...took some heat for his views w/o being unfair.

Yep, I work for Tiffany

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I *am* Tiffany.

Up_to_something.gif

Please Al...do not encourage him. We are barely recovering from Jlim, the vast abyss of ignorance....did I just say that? Must be those meds again.
errrr.gif

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock

----------------

----------------

He was right. I'm a trade professional and I've repeatedly refused to identify myself.

2.gif

I mean honestly, none of you really thought I was Ben Affleck, did you?
9.gif
11.gif
11.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
NOT BEN!?!?

cry.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 10/15/2003 8:13:54 PM LawGem wrote:

----------------

9.gif
11.gif
11.gif

----------------

I'm crushed!

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 10/15/2003 8:10:34 PM Mara wrote:

I *am* Tiffany.

Up_to_something.gif

Please Al...do not encourage him. We are barely recovering from Jlim, the vast abyss of ignorance....did I just say that? Must be those meds again.
errrr.gif

----------------

Jlim??? Who WAS that???
confused.gif
LOLOL Ahhhh, Tiffany's!
14.gif

Sorry abt not having my facts straight. I remember Leonid posting a "request" for Vendors and such to identify themselves and steer clear of the sales approach.

I STAND CORRECTED, THANK YOU VEERRY MUCH, AL!
9.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 10/15/2003 6:15:20 PM aljdewey wrote:

----------------
wink2.gif
9.gif

----------------
You know what a stickler I am for accuracy, and it's not fair for me to beat his horse all damn day and then not acknowledge when he gets it right!
wink2.gif

----------------

BEAT AL! BEAT AL! We all know AL secretly luvs it!
12.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 10/15/2003 8:13:54 PM LawGem wrote:

----------------

2.gif

9.gif
11.gif
11.gif

----------------

Ah shoot, Law! The "Old Broad" group in the Forum sure was hoping!
tongue.gif

spicolicpa

Shiny_Rock
I am me, not some other studly, intelligent, whitty and learned guy who may have questioned you ladies on some of your rather outlandish points of view previously.

This is my first and only Handle on Pricescope....

Sooo, why not make it manditory to have vendors listed by name, other than the fact that we have a problem with false identity at Pricescope..perhaps this is justification enough?

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 10/15/2003 6:20:59 PM fire&ice wrote:

For accuracy Al please put him back on track. He has veered off the beaten path & is now doggedly pursuing me in his conspiracy theory.
9.gif

Can we get back to the fact that we don't have enough information about ss1934's ring?
9.gif

------------

Oh, I'd LOVE to put him back on track, but I sincerely doubt there's a track that fits him properly. Some folks just want to create conspiracy where there is none.....no fixin' that!

WHERE's the information? Sheesh....how many times should one have to ask? You'd think spicoli could put those investigative skills to better use and find out the specs! LMAO

----------------

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 10/15/2003 7:59:08 PM fire&ice wrote:

----------------
On 10/15/2003 6:30:14 PM spicolicpa wrote:

OH Kay Dokey - I'm going to bite. You are kidding? Have you done a Tif. search?

Al, the thing is...my fav. saying...dif b/w he & Jlim is this guy is actually funny. And...took some heat for his views w/o being unfair.

Yep, I work for Tiffany

----------------

Tiffany's?!?!?!?! BLASPHEMY!

Funny to a point, I suppose.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 10/16/2003 9:51:40 AM pqcollectibles wrote: ---------------

BEAT AL! BEAT AL! We all know AL secretly luvs it!
12.gif

----------------

Hokey, dokey......just keep it up, all of you-s, and I'll resurrect our buddy HARRY!

It's not nice to fool with Al!
naughty.gif
naughty.gif
naughty.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------

I *am* Tiffany.

Up_to_something.gif

errrr.gif

----------------

BAH.....I KNEW you were Tiffany! Infiltrator!!!!!

Awwwwwwwww, c'mon Tiff, you KNOW you adored jlim! As I recall, he's what prompted our wonderful journey on the meds!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
What were those acronyms (sp?) for difficult posters? I think Mara came up with them in the Jlim/harry days of old. Ah, the classics.

Kiz

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 10/15/2003 12:56:02 PM spicolicpa wrote:

I hope I do not offend anyone with this post. This is just a question and I am not implying anything.

Wouldnt it be more informative if there was a notation by each person who posts at Pricescope where they are employed?

This would also serve to identify the stores that are so VERY helpful and informative.

----------------

Spico...
This very same issue came up on the thread below: (starting on page 2):
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/tiffany-engagement-ring.8608/page-2
I totally agree that ALL vendors/"experts" need to be identified by PS inorder to let all users know where their advice/opinions are comming from.
11.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 10/20/2003 10:31:49 AM fire&ice wrote:

What were those acronyms (sp?) for difficult posters? I think Mara came up with them in the Jlim/harry days of old. Ah, the classics.

----------------
I wish I could take the credit for being that imaginative but I don't think it was me!
1.gif
However if you do run across them, I think we should all be well-versed in their use for the future!
naughty.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 10/20/2003 10:24:35 AM aljdewey wrote:

----------------

I *am* Tiffany.

Up_to_something.gif

errrr.gif

----------------

BAH.....I KNEW you were Tiffany! Infiltrator!!!!!

Awwwwwwwww, c'mon Tiff, you KNOW you adored jlim! As I recall, he's what prompted our wonderful journey on the meds!

----------------
meds are our friends...
rodent.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results