shape
carat
color
clarity

Why don't they remove the listing?

ElizabethR

Shiny_Rock
I've wasted so much time here today doing a diamond search. When I click on the view details link
and get to the sellers page there is the message: Please choose another diamond this one is no
longer available. Why on earth would these sellers not remove the diamonds from the listings? It
is so frustrating and time wasting for the consumer. There is one store in particular that almost
every stone I wanted to look at was, no longer available. :confused: Arrgh!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
i'm not sure...sorry to hear this.

what are you looking for? maybe we can find some options for you.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
ElizabethR|1304531557|2912161 said:
I've wasted so much time here today doing a diamond search. When I click on the view details link
and get to the sellers page there is the message: Please choose another diamond this one is no
longer available. Why on earth would these sellers not remove the diamonds from the listings? It
is so frustrating and time wasting for the consumer. There is one store in particular that almost
every stone I wanted to look at was, no longer available. :confused: Arrgh!

Which vendor is it? Other consumers would like to know I am sure.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
That happens alot when you look into a Enernity Diamond's diamond. normally jamesallen, whiteflash, goodoldgold etc are pretty good about it and those are the places i'd feel comfortable about buying from anyway

ElizabethR

Shiny_Rock
Yep, Eternity was definitely the worst. I'm looking for a 1.00-1.10 G VS1 H&A (or comparable cut) but my budget is only $5,000.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
does it have to be G/VS1 or are you open to H/VS2 or SI1?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When you search, click "in-house" only and you will rarely find one that hasn't been removed from the webpage when sold. Plus, it will give you stones that have information such as pictures and idealscope images.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1304533394|2912199 said:
When you search, click "in-house" only and you will rarely find one that hasn't been removed from the webpage when sold. Plus, it will give you stones that have information such as pictures and idealscope images.

Even with in-house search, enernity diamond is still really bad at it, 3/4 of them I looked were not there anymore

ElizabethR

Shiny_Rock
Eternity says they update daily and send that info to PS. They also say that PS
updates twice a week, so maybe I'm looking right before an update?

On the stone I'm looking for, I'm upgrading from a really beautiful, perfectly eye-clean .71 H VS2 H&A. I don't want to
go lower on quality. And I'm not in a big hurry.

Elizabeth :))

Gibson486

Rough_Rock
yeah...i have been through it. But that is part of the cons of online purchasing and since they do not actually stock what they have, it becomes harder.

As far as who is the worst at it, I think james allen and Adiamor are. They kept posting a diamonds on their site, i would ask for a scope image, they emailed back and said it was gone. what? you just posted it 5 hours ago.

So, I played the game. when I saw I diamond with the specs I wanted, i went to other vendors (Eternity and USAcerted and whiteflash). I ended up having the guy from eternity diamonds source the diamond for me for less. Funny thing is when I got the diamond, they put in the notes field on the sticky "VS2+++, H&A". I was like, "sweet...I did not plan to buy a H&A diamond". When I brought it to be inspected, I had him verify if it was and he showed me the scope and verified it. Talk about lucking out.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Without picking on or defending the sellers, I'll try to answer the question. Most of the stones you see listed on the various websites and in the database here are NOT owned by the person selling it. They're brokering it on behalf of a 3rd party (and occasionally even they are brokering on behalf of a 4th party). They've never seen the stone and quite possibly the person they're buying from has never seen the stone. People buy them, consign them, ship them around the world, return them, put them on hold etc. at every single step of the process. The person at the end of the line, the person who is in charge of keeping the database accurate, knows only what they're told by the various people upstream of them and the data flow is far from smooth. They are supposed to keep track of thousands of stones MOST of which no one ever asks about and where most of the potential problems are completely out of their control. It's not an impossible task, but it's definitely asking for a certain amount of trouble and I'm not surprised that errors are frequent.

It's a hotly competitive business and some of them are definitely better at this whole process than others. If it frustrates you, vote with your feet and patronize the folks who seem to be the best at it (be aware that they ALL have a certain amount of trouble with this issue, evne if they're only selling their own inventory. It's just part of the process of selling thousands of unique sku's that occasionally pass through fairly quuickly).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results