shape
carat
color
clarity

why does my HCA 1.3 look dark?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

precious jemz

Rough_Rock
As I view my stone in different light settings (my head is not blocking the light), I notice that it can look "dark'' with not much sparkle in some jewelry store lights or in ow sunlight.
If there is a "excellent cut" and HCA of 1.3, what is this look attributed to?
In candlelight, halogen and certain spotlights - you can''t stop the fire and sparkle - great for the night.
Can anyone give me some perspective?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi precious,

I can''t explain why, although I think Gary touches on it somewhere in the fire thread at least. Try searching for something like, "dark stone in sun/certain lighting".

My stone does it too. Sometimes, it will almost look black. The sun definitely does it, you might look through the fire thread, there''s many stones in there that have taken on a darker look, as they''re in the sun.

Here''s one I kept for this reason, it''s very dark.

DarkSun.JPG

precious jemz

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Ellen for the fire thread tip - and for posting those GORGEOUS ring pics! Love them!!
30.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
You're welcome, and enjoy your ring!
2.gif

And thank you!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Other threads discussing this question are here: Another Link

To quote Rhino from the second thread:

When you take a diamond into direct lighting (ie, spot lighting, sunlight, etc.) ideal cut diamonds take on a "dark" appearance. Ironically it is in these environments that stones with excessive leakage take on a "brighter" appearance however the flashes of light that come out of an ideal cut in those conditions are way more intense than the non ideal but if you''re not aiming the face of the diamond towards the direct light source the stone can take on a darker appearance in those conditions.
Rhino
Good Old Gold

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results