shape
carat
color
clarity

Why does everyone seem appalled...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
alli, I wore blue shoes for my wedding. My mother was horrified. That kind of surprised me, and in fact it was the only thing I did for the wedding that she thought was odd. She would say, "how will explain this?". In the end, she liked them, and I think her inital issue with it was she thought I wanted bright blue, and I ended up with a slate blue. It went better with my gold dress.

416.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE GOLD SHOES!!!! those manolos that carrie wore on sex and the city (lots of people on here have them) i think come in gold and are a pump - i understand what you mean about slingbacks - sometimes they aren't the most comfy or sturdy :)

EDIT: sorry, i went to look for those manolos and the gold is too dark for what you are looking for - it's almost bronze - sorry!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had gold shoes.
2.gif

indypitty

Shiny_Rock
If you want to wear gold shoes, WEAR GOLD SHOES!!! (the ones you posted are beautiful, btw!) I also have no idea why anyone cares or feels the need to comment on the BRIDE'S shoes. I am another bride who wore colored (bright orange!) shoes. I loved having that little unexpected detail. I guess I was lucky in that everyone seemed to like them, or at least everyone had the sense to keep their opinions to themselves. We had a pretty untraditional wedding, though, so I guess there were probably other things that people were more shocked about. We left out a lot of things that everyone thinks you are "supposed" to do at weddings.

orangeshoes27.jpg

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
There''s nothing wrong with colored shoes - I hated the idea of paying a lot for a white shoe that I''d only wear once.

I finally found the shoes I will wear for my wedding, and they''re gold
26.gif

Since I don''t know how to copy and paste a picture, here is a link to them.
http://www.eluxury.com/estore/browse/product_detail.jsp?id=11767311

Derek Lam Alina, and they were on sale!!! The leather is oh so buttery soft...and it''s a soft gold metallic. The other choice, but they wouldn''t really match the color scheme, was my raspberry Seadaraby. I like the gold better, and being the shoe nut, it''s an excuse to own another pair

30.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
My mom wore gold slippers with her dress in 1964.

I wore blue sandals. Nobody said a WORD and I was completely comfortable in them. Plus I then wore them on my honeymoon!

wear whatever you''d like!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results