shape
carat
color
clarity

Why does adiamors 3d view show far more inclusions than GCAL 8x?

wizardofdiamondoz

Rough_Rock
Looking at GCAL 8x stones. On Adiamor, the video of this stone makes it look really bad (with lots of inclusions):

But looking at it's certificate, I barely see any inclusions (even though its a VS2):

Which do I trust when judging for eye cleanliness?

Thanks!

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
Looking at GCAL 8x stones. On Adiamor, the video of this stone makes it look really bad (with lots of inclusions):

But looking at it's certificate, I barely see any inclusions (even though its a VS2):

Which do I trust when judging for eye cleanliness?

Thanks!

That's so weird. The one on Adiamor looks like a completely different stone. I wonder if they uploaded a video/picture of the wrong stone. Although rare, I've seen this before on occasion (for example the listing is for a round but the picture and video is for an oval). I'd be inclined to trust the one on gcal since they certified it vs. just being a vendor selling it but I'm not an expert. Will let them chime in.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
The Adiamor diamond is just plain old DIRTY. They forgot to clean it.
Pretty sure the same inclusion is there, but in a different orientation, and proportions look to be the same.
Should be nice (after cleaning)

wizardofdiamondoz

Rough_Rock
ah that would explain it. The table the diamond is sitting on is dirty too. I"ll just use the GCAL certificate to base my judgements. Thank you folks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results