shape
carat
color
clarity

Why do you suppose some PSers post a lot more than others?

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Re: Why do you suppose some PSers post a lot more than other

Bella_mezzo|1304905653|2915844 said:
I lurk a lot, but am too lazy to post sometimes:-) Plus I hate logging in (it's a pain when I want to post and have to log-in but don't get auto re-directed from the log-in page to the page where i wanted to post--yes, I am that lazy...those three or four clicks are killer:)...my computers at work and home routinely forget my log-in so sometimes I just read and don't post.

Now that you mention it, this applies to me as well... :roll:

mayerling

Ideal_Rock

slg47|1304914444|2915963 said:
Yssie|1304912801|2915936 said:
Dreamer_D said:
Haven|1304892732|2915628 said:
I post A LOT. It's because I have an over-inflated sense of self-importance (and thus, I think what I have to say will actually matter to others and they'll want to read it) AND posting on PS is my very favorite procrastination tool, so I post very often when I have a lot of things to read for work and don't actually want to read them. :cheeky:

The truth hurts, but I can take it.

BWAAHAHAA!

Me too!

And I am lame and have no life 8) Actually, I have a toddler and we cannot afford a sitter, so most nighte DH and I watch TV and I post on PS and half watch.

In my defense over half my posts are in Rocky Talky, so maybe there is some use to them 8) You can rack up a big post count really fast if you opt to respond to all the threads in RT on a daily basis.

LOL Dreamer, ain't that the truth 8)

I justify my posting because.. my work schedule requires odd hours and is never the same two days in a row, the work goes in spurts, I can't leave for extended coffee breaks 'cause I have to stay near the systems and I can't invite others down. PS is my downtime entertainment! (pretty obviously given this some thought..)

That said, I also just am not the cool kid :cheeky:

yep...totally.

I think in procrastinating on my term papers my posting has gone up like 3x! I may have to take a self-enforced PS break to finally buckle down 8)

slg47, I can't believe you joined a few days after me and already have 5000 more posts than I do!!!

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Well, I'm NOT terribly chatty as rule, and tend to go in spurts. At one point I was away from PS for a goodly amount of time and my overall was under 1.5 posts a day, but I've been posting a lot (for me) lately, and now I'm at a whopping 2.1. Still, I find I have less worth saying as time goes on, and most of my posts are far more terse than in the past.

purselover

Ideal_Rock

I used to post a lot more than I do know because I had more down time at work, now up until this week I had been working and going to school and had zero free time. Now that I've quit my job and am just concentrating on school I expect my participation to increase.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

The amount I post online is directly correlated with how busy I am with work. I rarely post at home.

Plus, as many have stated, PS is a perfect procrastination tool (which is what I'm doing now--I have a deadline in one hour and am tired of looking at this stupid client presentation).

I generally click on about half of the subjects in the Hangout and Family & Home sections. If I only have a few minutes, I browse the new bling on SMTB. If I feel like there is anything I can add, I will, but if I get to the topic late and everybody has made the same points I would, I generally don't post. And I'm chatty in general, which is another reason I like posting.

I will say that since joining a "regular" thread (for me it's the TTC thread), that sort of serves as my PS homepage. So I check there first, then branch out.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Dreamer_D said:
Haven|1304892732|2915628 said:
I post A LOT. It's because I have an over-inflated sense of self-importance (and thus, I think what I have to say will actually matter to others and they'll want to read it) AND posting on PS is my very favorite procrastination tool, so I post very often when I have a lot of things to read for work and don't actually want to read them. :cheeky:

The truth hurts, but I can take it.

BWAAHAHAA!

Me too!

And I am lame and have no life 8) Actually, I have a toddler and we cannot afford a sitter, so most nighte DH and I watch TV and I post on PS and half watch.

In my defense over half my posts are in Rocky Talky, so maybe there is some use to them 8) You can rack up a big post count really fast if you opt to respond to all the threads in RT on a daily basis.

I justify my posting because.. my work schedule requires odd hours and is never the same two days in a row, the work goes in spurts, I can't leave for extended coffee breaks 'cause I have to stay near the systems and I can't invite others down. PS is my downtime entertainment! (pretty obviously given this some thought..)

That said, I also just am not the cool kid :cheeky:

yep...totally.

I think in procrastinating on my term papers my posting has gone up like 3x! I may have to take a self-enforced PS break to finally buckle down 8)

Hmmm... wel lI am totally cool (my husband told me so anyways) so count me out of your little geek club :tongue:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

mayerling|1304928044|2916054 said:
Dreamer_D said:

yep...totally.

slg47, I can't believe you joined a few days after me and already have 5000 more posts than I do!!!

case and point: slg posts a lot in RT.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock

NewEnglandLady|1304956307|2916265 said:
The amount I post online is directly correlated with how busy I am with work. I rarely post at home.

Plus, as many have stated, PS is a perfect procrastination tool (which is what I'm doing now--I have a deadline in one hour and am tired of looking at this stupid client presentation).

Same here - so many sites are blocked at work (email, FB) that PS is my distraction (that and shopping sites). I also usually go to Family/Home/Hangot and LIW once in awhile since it is still saved on my computer from LIW days. Once in awhile I post from home if I've been following someone's "story". I feel like I post ALOT but the number of posts is dwarfed by others so I often wonders how others do it! I think it'll take me a decade to reach 10K!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I post more when I am procrastinating, and when I am in the midst of jewelry projects. I post less during the summers - sometimes I quit posting altogether until something draws me in to post again usually its in RT or SMTB.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock

There are times when I'm too lazy to post so I just read what others have said. Sometimes I avoid posting if I feel that I don't have much to contribute to a particular thread or if I don't feel like dittoing others.

I DO post a lot mainly because I have a LOT of random thoughts rolling around my head.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I post a TON when I'm procrastinating (like, uh, today), but usually I just write out one loooooooooooooong post or two a day, which is why I'm not even at 4K after 4 years. Sigh ....

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock

Much like Bella, I lurk far more often than I post. And much like Autumn, I'm young (25), and my contributions don't often bring something "new" to the discussion... not that age is the sole reason for that.

Sometimes PS is like a living novel. I love following stories and little sub plots on the threads, and every now-and-again I comment.

Those of you who post regularly are fantastic! You provide me with lots of wonderful reading material on a vast array of topics- keep it comin'! (And I mean that!)

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock

iLander|1304903354|2915802 said:
I think PS is perfect for me because I like to tell people my opinion. :bigsmile: I have an Opinion about EVERYTHING. Example; sock ribbing; don't like it in a contrasting color except on black socks, where it can be helpful to match them up. See?

So to give my husband a break from listening to all my opinions (don't worry, he still gets plenty) I come here.

LOL! You remind me of me :razz: I have an opinion and question for everything.

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock

I post in spurts...sometimes I go weeks or even months without posting (just lurking) and then something catches my eye and I start posting for a while...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results