shape
carat
color
clarity

Why do some men wait till after the ring is returnable to propose?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HornAround

Shiny_Rock
I don''t think I could be with a girl who demanded something "larger" or better" to suit their own ego. In contrast, I want a Ferrari, but I don''t see that coming anytime soon......

Judah Gutwein

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Gypsy,

My two cents on your original question...

I believe that if somebody is so nervous about rejection that he would actually be motivated to propose before the expiration of the return policy on the ring, he or she probably isn't quite ready to get engaged altogether.

My opinion is assuredly influenced by my own upbringing and social environment. However, where I come from, at the point in time when the guy has already invested his money and more importantly his heart into the relationship and he is ready to propose with a ring, he is usually on the same page with the girl and is supremely confident of her response to his proposal.

In fact, my own opinion is that I'd be surprised to learn that somebody would specifically propose before the expiration of the return policy in order to protect his inve$tment. The way I see it, his investment at that point in their relationship should be mirrored by her own and if he's worried about wasting his money on a ring then somebody is clearly jumping the gun.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2009 10:52:47 AM
Author: Judah Gutwein
Gypsy,

My two cents on your original question...

I believe that if somebody is so nervous about rejection that he would actually be motivated to propose before the expiration of the return policy on the ring, he or she probably isn't quite ready to get engaged altogether.

My opinion is assuredly influenced by my own upbringing and social environment. However, where I come from, at the point in time when the guy has already invested his money and more importantly his heart into the relationship and he is ready to propose with a ring, he is usually on the same page with the girl and is supremely confident of her response to his proposal.

In fact, my own opinion is that I'd be surprised to learn that somebody would specifically propose before the expiration of the return policy in order to protect his inve$tment. The way I see it, his investment at that point in their relationship should be mirrored by her own and if he's worried about wasting his money on a ring then somebody is clearly jumping the gun.
That is what I was thinking. The reason for waiting is to find the perfect moment to propose and not rush to just pick a moment. I don't know but that is what came to mind too and that he doesn't care about the return policy because he feels so strongly about this relationship and where it is headed.
12.gif
Maybe I am just sappy. hehe

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Because men are not nearly as logical as they claim to be! lol!

And about rings and wanting to change or ''upgrade'', I really have no problem exchanging gifts for someone... I WANT people to have exactly what they want, even if I didn''t pick the right one initially. I still know that I got it for them, and that it brings them great joy, and that is what matters. Personally, I want a pretty nontraditional setting, but I am 26. I foresee in the future that I might want to ''downgrade'' to a solitaire setting. I would NEVER change the center stone, it it far to sentimental to me, but the setting is just like the house for a family. The house can change, but it''s the same family.
1.gif
And I don''t mind paying for changes, I think his ''obligation'' to pay for alterations and changes eclipses when he hands me the ring. JMO, though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results