shape
carat
color
clarity

Why do I keep getting an error message?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MIKES3

Rough_Rock
Yes, I am fully aware this is the wrong section. However, it''s quite irritating when you write soemthing nice and long and ge this. I''m trying to copy & paste an image I uploaded from Photobucket.

Error Message
Unspecified error. Please report this error to the webmaster of this board. Thank you.
If you want more information about this error or would like to report this error to the administrator of this bulletin board, please contact the webmaster of this web site. We appologize for any inconvenience this might''ve caused you.

WHY??

MIKES3

Rough_Rock
TTT... thanks for moving this. I missed this section

Ali

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 3:18:44 PM
Author:MIKES3
Yes, I am fully aware this is the wrong section. However, it''s quite irritating when you write soemthing nice and long and ge this. I''m trying to copy & paste an image I uploaded from Photobucket.

Error Message
Unspecified error. Please report this error to the webmaster of this board. Thank you.

If you want more information about this error or would like to report this error to the administrator of this bulletin board, please contact the webmaster of this web site. We appologize for any inconvenience this might''ve caused you.

WHY??
Any time you get an error message, please contact us.
If we know what the error is, we can explain it. If not, we can look into it to see if the forums are being affected in some way.
We can always be contact via the "Report Concern" button under any post. Also, keep in mind, it is important to have your email address up to date in your personal profile section so that we may contact you.

In this case, your error was due to an invalid link. Per the policies:

To reduce the number of broken links and keep the forum clean, photo hosting sites (Photobucket, Imageshack, Flickr, etc.) and personal web pages are not allowed to be linked on Pricescope. Please upload your images directly to Pricescope.

The link to forum policies can be found near the bottom of every forum page: https://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/faq.asp?mode=policy

MIKES3

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the quick reply. I really appreciate it

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I get it all the time. I haven''t bothered to mention it to admins because it usually fixes itself on the second try, but in the future I will report it since Ali suggests to.
35.gif

beach

Brilliant_Rock
I have learned to copy my long messages just in case :) This error comes up every once in awhile

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happens to me very frequently as well actually. I''ve made it a point to copy my message before clicking on submit. And ironically, it almost always happens on that odd message I forgot to copy before posting
14.gif

Ali

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 3:31:02 PM
Author: MIKES3
Thank you for the quick reply. I really appreciate it
You''re welcome. If you ever have any trouble, just contact us.

As noted by other members, there are times when a message gets ''eaten'' by some wicked cybermonster. This occaisional deadlock happens when more than one person is posting at the exact same time. It is frustrating to lose a post, but our goal is to have it only a very rare occurance. Usually a repost will correct the problem. If a certain post is lost more than once, we need to know about it. We can''t help the lost deadlocks, so copy if you have something long! But for other errors, we can usually find a solution.

Happy posting!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/15/2009 3:48:00 PM
Author: Ali

This occaisional deadlock happens when more than one person is posting at the exact same time.
That''s what I thought. Thanks for clarifying, Ali!
1.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ladies, if you click "retry" or the back button on your browser you can access the pre-eaten msg, copy it and then paste it into a new reply/post. Clicking retry will not let you physically resubmit your prior post, but you can at least access the content.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/15/2009 4:14:04 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Ladies, if you click ''retry'' or the back button on your browser you can access the pre-eaten msg, copy it and then paste it into a new reply/post. Clicking retry will not let you physically resubmit your prior post, but you can at least access the content.
Sadly, that doesn''t happen for me. When I click on retry or press the back button, I get a clean fresh slate.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm... Maybe because of your cookie settings?

MIKES3

Rough_Rock
Yeah, I got to excited finding this forum and I just started typing. Normally I'm really good at the copy & paste, but it slipped my mind today

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Ladies, if you click ''retry'' or the back button on your browser you can access the pre-eaten msg, copy it and then paste it into a new reply/post. Clicking retry will not let you physically resubmit your prior post, but you can at least access the content.
This doesn''t work for me either. Anytime I click back it takes me to an empty post form box. I now copy EVERY single post I have that is over 2 lines of type before submitting.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looooove the new avatar Mer!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 4:47:51 PM
Looooove the new avatar Mer!
Thank you!! I thought it was about time... FI was starting to get a big head between the engagment pics AND being in my AV
2.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 4:00:32 PM
Author: kama_s
Date: 4/15/2009 3:48:00 PM

This occaisional deadlock happens when more than one person is posting at the exact same time.

That''s what I thought. Thanks for clarifying, Ali!
1.gif

ahh that makes sense! Thanks for explaining!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock

Are you on a mac? This works for me on my mac but not on my work PC.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 5:27:43 PM
Author: neatfreak

Yeah that doesn''t work on my PC either.

I''ve had those error messages all day today. PS had 5 of my posts for lunch today
18.gif

I don''t bother reporting but will next time!

beach

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 5:27:43 PM
Author: neatfreak

Does not work. I have tried that many times on my PC :)

Ali

Shiny_Rock
Explorer wipes messages away once you lose them. If you don''t want to copy, you can use Firefox browser instead of Explorer. In Firefox, you don''t lose the post if it happens to error. There are some other minor differences in the two browsers but if the fear of losing a post is at the top of your list, you may want to use Firefox.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 6:04:46 PM
Explorer wipes messages away once you lose them. If you don''t want to copy, you can use Firefox browser instead of Explorer. In Firefox, you don''t lose the post if it happens to error. There are some other minor differences in the two browsers but if the fear of losing a post is at the top of your list, you may want to use Firefox.

And Apple''s Safari must be the same as firefox which is why it works on my mac. Thanks Ali!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results