shape
carat
color
clarity

Who''s going to Vegas?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I went last year but can''t go this year.
sad.gif
Have some biz to attend to here that is mega important. Ice you going? I know Gary''s going. How about Brad/Jan? Leonid? Brian/Dana? Ya''ll better not party too hard without me now.
3.gif

Rhino

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
VEGAS?? Is this some sort of diamond or ring show?? Can anyone go or only 'professionals'? I'm going to Vegas in July. When is this thing?

Too bad you aren't headed there Rhino in July!!
naughty.gif
2.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Can I have your ticket, Jonathan??? I promise to gawk and party at least one minute in your name!!!
11.gif
LOLOL

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Jonathan is referring to the JCK (Jewelers Circular Keystone) trade show... It is the largest trade show in the world, we went last year but decided to pass this year because of the SARS situation... We are in constant contact with our suppliers and get frequent visits from the more prominent vendors so we would really only be going to say hello to everybody in person who we talk to on the telephone all day... We elected to visit them privately later in the year without the frantic hustle of the show... We'll catch you at the next one Rhino!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wish I was going. I could lurk outside and try to glean surreptitious bits of knowledge from passing by jewelers and members of the trade. Alas, we have another trip planned this weekend..and its nowhere near Vegas.

However, maybe next year--it'd be great to meet people! I may not be able to get into the show (unless someone sneaks me inside their suitcase), but Vegas is so much fun, who needs the jewelry show.

tongue.gif
Have a blast..

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
What creditials must you have to attend? A business license? Belonging to an association?

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
We went last year also ,but decided to pass this year because of the SARS situation
too.

Ive got rooms booked for next year.

42 miles of isles full of jewelry, they dont have police they have the military there
2.gif

30 billion dollars of jewelry under one roof
1.gif

Its a privage to go. Anybody whos anybody in this business goes there
1.gif

Final Cut

Rough_Rock
"Its a privage to go. Anybody whos anybody in this business goes there"

Iceman - seems like quite a few people, who are somebody are not going this year !!

Is it the same time every year - I would go next year but need to plan a bit ahead - was in Vegas in Feb and lost all my money on the craps table - so must wait another year !!!

Have fun though !!
4.gif

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
True
1.gif
Myself included , always an exception to the rule
1.gif

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
I planned a scuba diving trip instead , no SARS under water
1.gif

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi all,
Brian, Dana and Denise are in Sin City this weekend. I have been several times. You walk your feet off and your brain goes numb after the first hour. You need at least two days to see almost everything. Everything that has to do with jewelry is under one roof on two huge floors. Some of the jewelry will make you drool and others are ho-hum. You see the latest and the greatest and you can spend a bundle. You see almost everybody you know in the business and have a good time. It is for people in the business only and the securty is tight.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 5/29/2003 10:54:35 PM dimonbob wrote:

It is for people in the business only and the securty is tight.

----------------

I understand that - but what creditials does one have to have? What if you are an estate jeweler?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
F&I...Check out their site..I don't have the url but go to Google and type in 'JCK Vegas 2003' or something, that is how I found the site for the show. They list who can get in and what credentials you have to have. I believe it was something like you had to have a retail jewelry license or something though I could have also sworn I saw something about JVC or other credentials as well...belong to some association or something.

Anyway hope you find it. Good luck!

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
I'm going to Vegas this weekend, I leave tomorrow evening out of Chicago but I'm not going for business. Wow, I would love to check that out. Hubba-Hubba! Now you guys have me thinking about SARS.

niceice

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 5/30/2003 2:20
6.gif
3 PM Lanee wrote:

Now you guys have me thinking about SARS.

----------------
Our primary reason for not attending the show is the SARS issue... Consider the fact that most of the basement level vendors are from Asia and so many of the attendees of the show travel extensively overseas, we just figured we'd rather rest this one out... We did attend last year and we will attend other shows throughout the year as they get a handle on SARS. The reality is that we just don't need anything that we can't order over the telephone at this point in time, we'll rub elbows with our friends later
2.gif

As for qualifications to attend... You need to be a registered member of the jewelry trade, listed in the JBT Red Book, be able to provide references that can be verified by JCK etc... If you're not in the trade, it's best not to even try to attend because it wouldn't take long for somebody to figure out that you don't belong there...

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am in booth 41080, DGLA....My new lab venture...

Please say hello!

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow... I didn't realize you guys weren't going for the SARS issue. I guess that's a good reason. Last year we went looking for new H&A distributors but almost all the companies cutting them had stones like the one below (H&A's with the "ring of death") or with patterns we wouldn't put our name on.

Keep us posted Dave & Gary as to things turn out. AND TAKE SOME PICTURES TO SHARE WITH US!!!
1.gif

Peace,
Rhino

hapoopoo2.jpg

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
We had Jim Schultz and ladies, Brian from White Flash, Leonid Dave and moi all at Daves booth at the same time.
Jim wanted to take me out because fo the customers who want crown and pavilion angles on 15 EGL stones that are listed at 55% back (he he )
It has been mighty hot here, cooling down today we think.

Can not believe you guys would not come because of SARS. That is just plain stoopid.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
When you get to be my age you worry about those things
1.gif

Ill take my risks enjoying what I do. Like get Malaria when I travel to Africa next
year
1.gif
We all pick our poisons
1.gif

The show will be their next year
1.gif
The SARS thing was just the straw that broke
the camels back, I have plenty on the slate this year.

Enjoy , wish I was there.

Denise

Shiny_Rock
Howdy,

Well, I just returned from Viva Las Vegas. This is my first time in Vegas and certainly not my last. What an awesome experience!!!!! Truly unbelievable to see soooooooooo many diamonds all at once. I got to try on several BIG BIG BIG carat diamond rings. WOOOOO HOOOOO I was in heaven. Met lots of nice people....at the show and hangin' around town. Unfortunately, I didn't get to meet some people that I wanted to. The show is so big that I think it's almost impossible to see everything and everyone. And Bob was right; you walk and walk and walk. And after awhile, you feel like you're having an out of body experience. I brought back so much literature, that it almost weighed more than my luggage...and I brought lots of shoes. But, unfortunately for my poor feet, I made the sad mistake of not bringing comfortable shoes. After the first day...by the end of the day, I couldn't take it anymore, so I took off my shoes and walked back to my hotel in sheer pain. And it was incredibly HOT HOT HOT. As I was walking back to the hotel, I was so delirious from the heat and the pain, I walked right through a "no pedestrian" zone and got yelled at by a cop. He scared me half to death. I told him I was in pain and he helped me to the garage of my hotel. AAAAAWWWW...wasn't that nice??

I am definitely going back to Vegas!!!!
16.gif
If you've never been, I highly recommend going at least once.
10.gif

Denise
www.whiteflash.com

GO SPURS!!!!!

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, now that you've all had a chance to go and check everything out, how's about someone (vendors) posting a thread with pictures of the latest, hotest settings? Or is that a bit premature until you get some in stock?
10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results