shape
carat
color
clarity

Wholesale prices???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scotty13

Rough_Rock
How do I find out what the wholesale prices are on GIA diamonds?

Is thier a way to check online?

Thank you,
Scotty13

scotty13

Rough_Rock
Thank you!!!

DiamondSeeker7

Shiny_Rock
Looking at the chart, what do the numbers and letter for a cut represent for example A1. Also, I noticed that on the chart for the same cut range, and carat range that a E color SI1 is less expensive than a F color SI1. Why would that be? Thanks.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1A, etc., is the AGA cut grade.

DiamondSeeker7

Shiny_Rock
What would be the letter and number that would correlate with a GIA Excellent cut diamond? Thanks.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a very broad question.

Generally 1A/B, and some 2As, although there are some girdle and minor facet disagreements.

You can play with different combos in HCA or Facetware.

DiamondSeeker7

Shiny_Rock
Still confused. Why would the E color be cheaper than the F color?

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
From what I have learned on here (trying not to offend anyone), if the diamond has an AGS certificate, it has a slightly higher price than a diamond with a GIA certificate. An AGS Ideal also has stricter standards than an GIA Excellent. So...IF the E diamond is a GIA Excellent, and the F is an AGS Ideal, the AGS may cost more. Plug in the numbers of both stones into the Holloway Cut Advisor (HCA) to make sure they BOTH fall under 2.0. You may find that some GIA Excellent stones do not get under 2.0 (ie are bad performers). In general tho, if a stone has a better cut (ie better performer), you will be paying more.

HCA link:
https://www.pricescope.com/cutadviser.asp

DiamondSeeker7

Shiny_Rock
That would make sense except I got the information from the above link for 1A Cut 1.50-1.99 cts Round: Average $/carat

1A Cut 1.50-1.99 cts Round:

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It happens. There are less E than F stones anyway, sample size is smaller, and EGL stones are included... obviously, ceteris paribus, the E>F.

Showing 1 to 25 of 192 All diamonds matched. Unlike 'in-house', many of these diamonds are virtual listings. Read more...

Round shape, 1.5–1.99 cts, E color, SI1 clarity, 58–62.3% depth, 53–58% table, $1000–99999,

52/192 E color are EGL

35/300 F color are EGL

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results