shape
carat
color
clarity

wholesale diamonds

raptor673

Rough_Rock
yes i was looking on line and found a site called( bluegem wholesale) in ny city owned by gary weiss.Has anybody on this site deal with bluegem wholesale and if so r they legit

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Never heard of them. Do the due diligence and research and buy informed. No one sells "wholesale" to the public.. And the diamond district on street level is full of sharks, so beware..

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lots of jewelers call themselves 'wholesalers' and I have a simple test to identify a real one. Ask them if they're willing to sell to YOU. If they are, then they're a retailer. If they refer you to some other dealer, or even better a list of other dealers, and encourage you to buy there then they're probably a wholesaler. Mind you, it doesn't really matter what they call themselves, nor does it matter if they are selling other stones to someone else for resale. It's the deal at hand that counts. You've already caught them in a lie before the deal even starts and it's up to you to decide if that's a deal killler or not but it is, at best, a bad sign.

raptor673

Rough_Rock
I HEAR YOU, THEY HAVE REALLY GOOD DEALS ON DIAMONDS, WITH THE CERTS. MONEY BACK AFTER 30 DAYS I FOUND A 1.0 CARAT F SI1 REALLY BRIGHT STONE FOR $3500.00 IF U GUYS GO TO THIER SITE @ BLUEGEM WHOLESALE.COM AND UNDER LOOSE ROUND DIAMONDS GO DOWN THE PAGE ABOUT HALF WAY AND YOU CAN SEE IT LOT#RD41 EGL CERT.THE PIC HAS THE DIAMOND IN A MANS HAND.HE ALSO SAID HE HAS ANOTHER STONE SAME WIEGHT COLOR BRIGHTNESS BUT VS2.WELL I REALLY THANK U GUYS ON THIS SITE FOR UR ADVICE TELL ME WHAT U THINK ABOUT THIS STONE

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Great points raised by Neil.
I can't speak about any particular seller- but aspects of selling in general.
Places advertising themselves as "wholesalers" on the web are generally tipping their hand- they're willing to make outrageous claims- generally, that's a bad sign.
As a rule, anyplace that claims to have "the lowest prices on the internet" is also tipping their hand about being willing to make outrageous claims.
It's a big internet- and no single company is the lowest priced on all items. This is simply an un-supportable claim

EGL "certs" are nothing like GIA reports- so any deal that is based on the grading of a non GIA report is also cause for a red flag.

raptor673

Rough_Rock
HI THANKS FOR THE INPUT.HAVE U GONE TO THIER SIGHT TELL WHAT U THINK THAT WOULD BE GTREAT THANKS

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Honestly? your posts make it sound as if you're working for them- but please take no offense if this is not the case.

raptor673

Rough_Rock
NOT AT ALL IM JUST A GUY WITH NOT ALOT OF MONEY TO SPEND AND DONT WANT TO GET RIPPED OFF THATS WHY IM ON THIS SIGHT FOR INFO.AND HELP,THATS WHY I WAS ASKING U GUYS TO CHECK OUT THIER SITE AND MORE R LESS TO SEE IF ITS GOOD R BAD.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,

I just did a PS search and nothing impressive (or much of anything) comes up. If I were you, I'd stick with a jeweler with an excellent reputation.

Before I bought any of my diamonds, I spend extensive time reading testimonials and looking at photos. I'd never buy a stone from a seller who isn't regularily spoken well of.

Also, I love reading on Yelp when looking for local businesses of ANY kind to see what people around the area say!

Good luck!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this the link? The 1.00 F SI1 about 4/5 down toward the bottom of the page?
http://bluegemdiamondsjewelry.com/round_loose_diamonds

If so it says it has a GIA report. We need much more info (and/or decent pictures, that one won't cut it) to tell you anything concrete, ask them for the GIA report number and/or a copy of the GIA report and upload it here.

A quick search on BlueNile reveals that even wretchedly cut 1.01 F SI1s begin at $1000 more than the asking price of this stone. Since I have no trust in a deal too good to be true in the primary market of this industry, I am wondering what exactly is wrong with that stone that they are not telling you... the information from the GIA report will tell you more.

raptor673

Rough_Rock
YES I ASK FOR CERT.WAITING FOR REPLIEY THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP AND WHEN THEY SEND IT I WILL POST IT.AND IF ITS ALL WHAT THE CERT SAYS IS THAT A GOOD BUY.I ALSO ASK THEM FOR MORE PICS THANKS FOR UR INPUT

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness. Please un-click your caps lock. Please. Pretty please.

raptor673

Rough_Rock
Hey how about the diamonds on this site

stci

Ideal_Rock
suchende|1295829560|2830884 said:

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
which site? in general look for sites that provide

1) GIA or AGS certified diamonds
2) pictures of those diamonds and
3) idealscope pictures (can help evaluate cut), if the vendor does not provide these you could get any potential candidates shipped to an independent appraiser

lokelani

Rough_Rock
suchende said:
Looks like the editors of "BLUEGEM WHOLESALE LOOSE DIAMONDS GIA EGL FINE JEWELRY" need a reminder as well. :lol:

My two pennies: if you are going to spend thousands of dollars on a diamond -- scratch that, on anything -- it needs to come from a reputable source. Don't chance your money on a hokey business making outrageous claims with nothing backing them. :rolleyes:

raptor673

Rough_Rock
thanks all of u for ur help theres alot of dealers and diamonds, i have been through many sites many dealers, emails phone calls you name it.all of them say that we have the best deal.Well ill keep trying and keep u guys posted

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
raptor673|1295835143|2831003 said:
thanks all of u for ur help theres alot of dealers and diamonds, i have been through many sites many dealers, emails phone calls you name it.all of them say that we have the best deal.Well ill keep trying and keep u guys posted

Yes, there are. And far too many of them are only too happy to take advantage of you if at all they can.

Do your homework on every vendor you consider. Read the articles under the "Knowledge" tab at the top of the page. Don't "settle" for a less than excellent return policy because of a seemingly fantastic price - unless you are buying a used piece in a private sale, if it's too good to be true - it probably is.

Good luck!

raptor673

Rough_Rock
HEY BLUEGEM WHOLESALE JUST E-MAIL THE CERT.HOW DO I SEND IT HERE ON THIS SITE

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. Copy it to your computer hard-disk
2. "Post Reply" > "upload attachment" (at the bottom of the page) > choose your saved file and "add the file"

3. Also post the GIA report number (the number in bold on the report itself)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
something smells here... :knockout:.. those prices are too cheap for GIA graded stones.

Cabochon1

Shiny_Rock
looking at the address from the website in Google street view, makes me wonder. It could be a cause of security by obscurity maybe? :devil:

Also for a company with such an inventory I am confused that they would use one hotmail and one gmx email address?

I would suggest you read carefully again what the others have said about diamond prices and wether this can be realistic.

cabochon

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cabochon|1295874553|2831274 said:
looking at the address from the website in Google street view, makes me wonder. It could be a cause of security by obscurity maybe? :devil:

Also for a company with such an inventory I am confused that they would use one hotmail and one gmx email address?

I would suggest you read carefully again what the others have said about diamond prices and wether this can be realistic.

cabochon

Did you check for them on the BBB site? I couldn't find them. Just a thought...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results