shape
carat
color
clarity

wholesale diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jjklayman

Rough_Rock
I'm looking at two wholesale diamonds one is round brilliant(is this the same as ideal).61 e vvs2 with excellent symmetry and polish a faceted medium girdle no flourescence. The table is 58% and the depth is 60.3% is this a good ratio? Under characteristics it says needle what does that mean is it a major flaw? The cost is around $2100.00 is it worth paying around $450.00 to get basically the same specs but a d vvs1 should I pay to upgrade,is it a better investment,is there a major difference of look between the two I need an experienced opinion.

knowverylittle

Rough_Rock
Not a Professional opinion but I know these answers are correct:

.VSS1 or 2 look the same to the naked eye. Magnification is the only way to see the difference
.D or E will look the same to almost everyone. Maybe a bad E and a good D you could see but don't worry about it.
.Needle: This a type of inclusion (flaw). Can an expert fill us in?

With VVS1 You are paying for rarity, not visual appearance; the same is pretty much true of D color.

People on this Forum bother mainly about cut and will ask you for more details. Look at several posts and you will soon get the idea.

Groovy Chick

Shiny_Rock
I suggest you read my reply in the "Where should my priorities be?" thread in this section. You may change your mind about both stones and end up going for something bigger with a lower colour and clarity. It all comes down to personal opinion of course, but you want to consider all options with an open mind before making such a big decision. Please read it.

Pear Princess

adamas

Rough_Rock
To the naked eye SI1 (s/b SI2 but lets cover ourselves) will look the same as flawless.
To the naked eye, stone face up, and not compared to stones of better or lower color. Honest D to G grading will not be discernable. Depending on lighting this may even go lower. Even loose, table down under a Diamond Light it takes very careful examination to tell a D from an E.
Yes theres four C's. But there is an order of importance.
Cut - naked eye visible
Color - naked eye visible (see above)
Clarity - magnification above SI2
Carat Weight - $$ -grin

adamas

Rough_Rock
Needle?
Needle inclusions occur in colored stones i.e. garnet, sapphire etc.
In Diamond a Needle would be extremly unusual. What lab has done the report? and can you post a link or copy of it.

jjklayman

Rough_Rock
Hi,
It's a GIA certified stone. The part in question reads

Clarity Grade VVS2
Characteristics Needle
Color Grade E
And so forth. What do you think of the table (57%) Depth (60.6%)ratio. Good??? What is better size for girdle??
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results