shape
carat
color
clarity

Who would you recommend to make this?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was thinking of someone from etsy. But I want milgrain. And rose gold. NO diamonds.

I want a thin bezel setting with milgrain along the top edge.

Very similar to KC's bezel here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/hmmmm-what-could-this-beautiful-thing-be-10k-posts-gift.115747/ Only maybe a little larger milgrain (or two rows of fine milgrain).

Any suggestions? I have a pear shaped stone for it. Have to go get the pear measured as I'm not sure it's a calibrated stone.

Oh and on a budget. 300 is would be ideal.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds like a lovely project!! I'm not sure I'd go with etsy on this one because I'm not sure their milgrain would be as fine and straight. A lot of their bezels look more organic, which is a lovely look, but not as detailed or geometric.

My quote from JA was very reasonable and was about your budget in white gold for a single row of milgrain. I wouldn't be surprised if WF could modify their stock bezel setting for this price either. I'd probably gather quotes from all of the usual suspects and go with the cheapest since it's a fairly easy project. Knox jewelers also comes to mind as a possibility for this project.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I agree with the above

Would Brian Galvin, WF, or JA be too much??

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don''t know. I emailed James Meyer about it, cause that would be my ideal. I think it would be affordable from most of the usual supects as long as the stone is calibrated. But I''m not certain it is. I am going to have it measured today or tomorrow to see. That''s going to make a big difference in price.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2009 3:10:18 PM
Author: Gypsy
Don''t know. I emailed James Meyer about it, cause that would be my ideal. I think it would be affordable from most of the usual supects as long as the stone is calibrated. But I''m not certain it is. I am going to have it measured today or tomorrow to see. That''s going to make a big difference in price.
Yes, I would guess that would make a big difference if you were at a target carat weight and had a round or a square or something usual.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2009 3:10:18 PM

That would be ideal if it is in the right price range

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know. We''ll see what size the stone turns out to be. I''m HOPING it''s just a 6 x 8 pear. Cause then I can find a stock bezel on Stuller or Adwar and just have someone add milgrain to it if James Meyer comes in too high (which I suspect will be the case).

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Crossing my fingers it''s 6x8!! James Meyer would be gorg!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
emcry.gif
My beautiful peach pear is probably synthetic. I took it to the jeweler with me when I went to pick up my Citrine RHR in the Lam.Bo4 setting and have them evaluate it for size... and they said that they don''t think it''s real. I''m going to get a second opinion. But... No James Meyer lovely setting with peach pear pendant for me.

Although I do have a smaller peach stone bookmarked from a vendor.
11.gif
My husband would kill me. Maybe. Probably. Most likely.

The Jeweler did say my citrine was a beauty though. And it looks fabulous all set. I will post pics ASAP. I promise.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/29/2009 5:35:21 PM
emcry.gif
My beautiful peach pear is probably synthetic. I took it to the jeweler with me when I went to pick up my Citrine RHR in the Lam.Bo4 setting and have them evaluate it for size... and they said that they don''t think it''s real. I''m going to get a second opinion. But... No James Meyer lovely setting with peach pear pendant for me.

Although I do have a smaller peach stone bookmarked from a vendor.
11.gif
My husband would kill me. Maybe. Probably. Most likely.

The Jeweler did say my citrine was a beauty though. And it looks fabulous all set. I will post pics ASAP. I promise.

Aww, sorry to hear!! I hope your second opinion says otherwise
7.gif
What was it sold as? A peach topaz?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It was a gift my uncle (who collects gemstones, so I am a bit surprised) bought in germany for my wedding. Peach Topaz. It was part of a set. Everything else was stolen except this one earring... so I was going to have it made into a pendant. It ended up measuring in at 10x8. I'll have it looked at someplace else soon. Just to double check. But for now... sad. And wanting a peach stone even more.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results