shape
carat
color
clarity

Who would you reccomend to make ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hello everyone. I have decided upon a ring design that I was going to have my local jeweler make but I was wondering if some of the online vendors might be a better bet. I believe I am going to be purchasing my asscher from gog. Who do you reccomend for a ring designer. Below is the design. The only change I may make is where the two round stones are using a n-s set baguette. Good idea? Bad idea? Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated.

ering9181.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would call a Kirk Kara dealer and ask them if Kirk Kara will do modifications. I know Tacori is really good about that. And personally as it's Kirk Kara's design, they would know best how to modify it.

BTW: The modification sounds beautiful.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 1:59:36 PM
Author: Gypsy
I would call a Kirk Kara dealer and ask them if Kirk Kara will do modifications. I know Tacori is really good about that. And personally as it''s Kirk Kara''s design, they would know best how to modify it.

BTW: The modification sounds beautiful.

ditto. With that type of design I''d be surprised if you''d really be saving any money going completely custom if that is you reasoning. If it''s just the changes, talking to the designer about the modifications would be my first choice. You could always call Mark T, whiteflash or a few of the other vendors who do custom for quotes but they will have to make the ring from scratch and the designer already has the design/proportions etc. perfected.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I was going to have i custom made because I thought it would be cheaper. It''s about 3100-3300 for just the setting. I thought for sure it would be less if I had it made and not name brand.
32.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
well, you can always call around for quotes. Custom just isn''t always cheaper b/c the custom jeweler will have to create a cad/cam, make a wax, and cast the ring all adding man hours. But for a 3K setting it sure doesn''t hurt to call and check if you are not 100% in love with the original as is. I still think if you love a designer''s ring that it is better to just save up and buy the real deal avoiding any possible disappointment in a recreated "similar" piece.

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
mrssalvo and gypsy have good points. My favorite jeweler, Collections, carries Kirk Kara. They are listed here on PS. That is one dealer you might call for a quote on modifications. The Kirk Kara rings are amazing in person. mrssalvo is correct that custom might cost just as much because another jeweler would have to start from scratch. Link

ETA: Their toll-free number is 800-779-3207

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto Ms. Salvo. Custom is DEFINITELY not always cheaper. With very intricate settings, it can sometimes cost more than the original. I would call around for qoutes, as that doesn't hurt. (Or rather email around, so you can send the pictures, then follow up with a call). Brian Gavin Diamonds, Engagement Rings Direct, Whiteflash, and Winkjones all do custom work. Oh, and... that jeweler in MN. I can't remember the name but they are usually pretty affordable as well. I'm sure someone will remember the name.

I would call the designer, though figure out if they will do it. And then save up. But that's me.

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
I recommend Bridget Durnell! =) She made my ring, and she''s sweet!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 3:53:15 PM
Author: rosebud10
I recommend Bridget Durnell! =) She made my ring, and she's sweet!

Runs off to see rosebud's ring. AHH... the inspired by DK ring. Is it done yet? Can't wait!

Lulie

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous Set...Winkjones new bench is amazing [milgraining] also Jay Albrecht bead/milgrain king imho.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all your advice! I like the setting as is, but I like the thought of baguettes where the rounds diamonds are too. I will give the jewelers who carry this line on ps a call to see how their prices are. I had just always assumed the "kirk kara" stamp inside instantly made the pice more pricey. But it makes sense that all the man hours into a custom pic would cost a lot as well. I''ll let you know what I find out!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results