shape
carat
color
clarity

Who will set my diamond? Newbie/lurker question!

dogginup

Rough_Rock
Hello all you experts! I have been reading pricescope threads for awhile and have learned so much. I’m excited to get into the fray and want to obtain a lab diamond, likely with all of your input, and then have it set. I’ve always loved the Tiffany 6 prong classic solitaire and as many others I’d like to achieve that look. I’m understanding that many of you choose the vatche u113 to achieve this. So my question- I do not live near a vatche dealer or anywhere close to many jewelry shops. If I obtain a diamond from say Ritani and I don’t like any of the Ritani settings- how can I get that Tiffany look? Can I send my diamond to vatche directly? Are there others who will accept and set my lab diamond? I’ve read about maytal hannah, Victor canera and Steven hirsch and love their work but given the setting I want is so “basic” (not sure this is the right word as to me it is classically beautiful) not sure it would be worth the increase in cost to go with one of them if I could get vatche to do it? Thank you all in advance!

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you can order a Vatche setting and then have a local jeweler set it for you. Also, a lot of PSr's use David Klass in LA. They send him the diamond and they are very happy with the result and feel his pricing is very fair. I am about to reach out to him soon for a colored gem setting.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You’ve checked Vatche’s list of authorized dealers?

I would suggest calling a few on this list - even if not local to you. Explain that you’ve already got your diamond and would like the u113 mount, and ask if they’d be willing to set your stone. Many won’t, but I’m confident a few will! If somehow no one will, contact Vatche directly.

Once you identify that retailer - logistics will depend, no need to worry about that right now. Find your vendor first!

I wouldn’t even consider custom until you’ve exhausted all Vatche retail options.

dogginup

Rough_Rock
That’s amazingly helpful to both of you @momofive and @yssie ! I wanted to wait to start the diamond hunt til I fully understood how I could turn it into a ring. I’m going to look into the vatche dealers list you sent. Really appreciate your time!

jewels2

Shiny_Rock
Hello all you experts! I have been reading pricescope threads for awhile and have learned so much. I’m excited to get into the fray and want to obtain a lab diamond, likely with all of your input, and then have it set. I’ve always loved the Tiffany 6 prong classic solitaire and as many others I’d like to achieve that look. I’m understanding that many of you choose the vatche u113 to achieve this. So my question- I do not live near a vatche dealer or anywhere close to many jewelry shops. If I obtain a diamond from say Ritani and I don’t like any of the Ritani settings- how can I get that Tiffany look? Can I send my diamond to vatche directly? Are there others who will accept and set my lab diamond? I’ve read about maytal hannah, Victor canera and Steven hirsch and love their work but given the setting I want is so “basic” (not sure this is the right word as to me it is classically beautiful) not sure it would be worth the increase in cost to go with one of them if I could get vatche to do it? Thank you all in advance!

I ordered my diamond from Ritani and sent it to ID Jewelry to have it set in the Vatche U113.

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
There you go. IDJ is great.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
It might be better to buy the diamond from a vatche dealer, there is one well loved on PS who just started carrying highly vetted labs.
The diamond may be a bit more(you get more services and images for the $) but the entire package may be less.

dogginup

Rough_Rock
Thanks @momofive and @jewels2 - I’ve seen Idj mentioned enough times to think that would be a great plan. It’s funny getting started in this process and realizing all the details to get from start to finish on a ring. @Karl_K , may I ask who the vendor is that you are speaking of? Thank you!

jewels2

Shiny_Rock
Thanks @momofive and @jewels2 - I’ve seen Idj mentioned enough times to think that would be a great plan. It’s funny getting started in this process and realizing all the details to get from start to finish on a ring. @Karl_K , may I ask who the vendor is that you are speaking of? Thank you!

you are welcome. It was a super easy process and he had a setting in stock so it was all done within two weeks

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’ve just bought a Tiffany inspired setting from David Klass, and I’m very happy with it. I’m located in Europe, so I let stone from Ritani and setting from David ship to me, and I let a stone setter set it for me.

Here a few pictures:
283A5DE0-78E8-443E-8D32-26B7B6ACB21A.jpeg

Attachments

• 8DE93FDD-194F-4592-8EDC-662A4A86915A.jpeg
    8DE93FDD-194F-4592-8EDC-662A4A86915A.jpeg
    165.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 73306016-45F7-4669-B1CB-9BC25AFE78D3.jpeg
    73306016-45F7-4669-B1CB-9BC25AFE78D3.jpeg
    107.6 KB · Views: 25

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
It's possible Karl meant IDJ.
Also, IDJ is located in NYC if you are nearby you can see everything in person.

springsparkle

Shiny_Rock
I took my diamond to ID Jewelry to have it reset into a Vatche U113 setting. I’ve had it for almost 8 years and still love it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results