shape
carat
color
clarity

Who will be willing to set a diamond in a band for me and who should I trust?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

teamday13

Rough_Rock
I just bought a beautiful diamond online from BN and had it set in a band that I also chose from BN (they set it for me). The diamond is gorgeous and the band is nice too, but the band is not as wide as what I was hoping for. I am looking for a flat edge platinum band (5.5mm or wider), which seems to be difficult to find, and I found a nice one on adiamor.com. However, BN won''t set my diamond in another jeweler''s band. I''m wondering if a B & M store would be willing to do something like this, and if so, who? I don''t want to trust just anyone with my diamond (although I have the certificates to prove it''s mine!). As I''m writing this I am also wondering if adiamor would be willing to set the diamond for me... Any help would be greatly appreciated. I suppose I can also look for bands in a B&M store, but I have a feeling they aren''t going to offer what I''m looking for (I''ve checked out many of their websites). Thanks again!
1.gif

Anthony

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can have Adiamor or your local jeweller set it but neither will take the responsibility of damage to the diamond during the setting process no matter how small that risk is because you did not purchase your diamond from them. Your other alternative is to make sure you have a separate insurance on the diamond to cover any damage during the setting process.

teamday13

Rough_Rock
Any idea where I can purchase insurance like this and the price (~5500 for diamond)? This is a huge help. Thanks in advance for your response!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m not sure about the price but have heard that Jewelers Mutual offers insurance for the setting process.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Try contacting Pearlman''s. They have a huge selection of settings, and may be able to find what you want if you don''t see it listed. And, they are the only vendor I know of who will cover the stone while it''s being set. I also have heard nothing but good things about them.

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results