clarity

Who wants to see my haul from today?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Popped into the local hospice shop today
pretty dismal as uaual
I know all the nice stuff goes to their boutique in town
I don't think im destined to find any sort of bargain in my life

but its ok, every time i open a moving box i find things of mum's ive either forgotten or didn't know, im still happy with my rose gold pink glass/possible tourmaline ring and my silver akoya brooch that was in an old jewlery box i made mum in woodwork

I even got my glasses out but nothing nice took my eye
but i did buy this ceramic tomato wall hanging for $3.50 - the old girl behind the counter said i could have it for $3 - but hello - cancer ! I found the 50c

Tomatoes are my favourite food 20210323_182309.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
From the thrift shop this week:
An unmarked Staffordshire sugar bowl dating to about 1810-1825. IMG_20210326_153925.jpg

And these two flow blue dishes, made by Mercer Pottery, Trenton NJ. Dating to about 1890.
IMG_20210326_154015.jpg

And from a different thrift shop, I bought a bag of miscellaneous costume jewelry. In the bag was this nice 20" three strand necklace of rice pearls with a 14k clasp.
IMG_20210326_155824726.jpg

And on a more serious note, my antique mall was broken into on Tuesday. As some of you know, I run a small booth in an antique mall.
Some fools used a stolen car to smash through the front doors. They stole some choice Native American jewelry from the front cases. They left the car there and took off on foot.
All of it is on security video. New doors have already been installed, and the shop is back in business. The thieves did not disturb the rest of the store, so my booth was untouched.

Last edited:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's awful! I'm so sorry to hear about that!!
I am very happy that my jewelry cases weren't disturbed.
I only have sterling pieces and vintage costume, but my cases are full, but it would still be devastating if they were broken into.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, that is terrible about the antique mall, thankful that your cases weren’t disturbed but still very scary.

People are getting desperate. On Tuesday I was at the dentist for an emergency appointment (lost a filling and need a crown now!) and my older son (14 years old) calls me and tells me someone with a black hooded sweatshirt was in our backyard. When he saw our son looking at him through the window he took off running. I think he was looking to break into our shed but it was terrifying because I was 30 minutes away.

The guy left and didn’t come back but damn that was scary.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On another note, great finds, the plates are very cheerful looking and now you have another pearl necklace to add to your collection too ;-) @stracci2000

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, that is terrible about the antique mall, thankful that your cases weren’t disturbed but still very scary.

People are getting desperate. On Tuesday I was at the dentist for an emergency appointment (lost a filling and need a crown now!) and my older son (14 years old) calls me and tells me someone with a black hooded sweatshirt was in our backyard. When he saw our son looking at him through the window he took off running. I think he was looking to break into our shed but it was terrifying because I was 30 minutes away.

The guy left and didn’t come back but damn that was scary.

Yes, things are weird. I have no doubt the guy was going for your shed. Tools and are good to pawn. I'm glad your son saw him!

There were some burglaries and car break-ins in our neighborhood a while back, which made us wary. In January, we had a few inches of snow. We found mysterious footprints around the side of our house, where we keep the trash cans. It was time to do something.
So we looked into a security camera system. They are expensive. So DH discovered some affordable cameras and installed them on all sides of our house. They are called EZ Viz, and he bought them on Amazon. We also have motion lights on all sides of the house.

So last month, a very sketchy looking guy came up our driveway on a Sunday morning. As he approached the front door and rang the bell, he noticed our camera, and quickly looked away and then left in a hurry. We were home, but he left before I could get to the door. We got a great shot of his face. Maybe he was casing our house. We park our cars in the garage, so during the day it probably looks like no one is home. I hear they ring the doorbell to make sure no one is home before they go around to the back and try to get in.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg, that is scary! Good thing for the camera! I bet the burglars had a tough time when everyone was home, heck some people are still home. We have a Ring doorbell camera but this was in the back so I guess we need one there too. @stracci2000

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Question: does it make you an "accessory" if you knock on a door to buy a vintage oak dresser and the lady answers the door with a cigarette dangling from her lips with her phone in her hand and tells you that she's transferring all her money to offshore accounts???

Only me, folks....only me.

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Weekend buy...besides the dresser...this oak library table for $75. I just about couldn’t lift it to get it out of my Ford Flex. I’d love to know how much it weighs. FFDA15D3-41B8-49AF-9CFA-E6B54B306394.jpeg

Attachments

• 78AA5B78-3F92-4907-99D3-BBC26B2EEA1E.jpeg
    78AA5B78-3F92-4907-99D3-BBC26B2EEA1E.jpeg
    174.5 KB · Views: 20

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Weekend buy...besides the dresser...this oak library table for $75. I just about couldn’t lift it to get it out of my Ford Flex. I’d love to know how much it weighs. FFDA15D3-41B8-49AF-9CFA-E6B54B306394.jpeg

Nice! Arts and Crafts movement?
I love the wood grain!

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Nice! Arts and Crafts movement?
I love the wood grain!

It is! The Wolverine Company was in business from the 1880's till the 1930's. I had seen one at an estate sale the week before that was what I would call a library "desk." It was too big for my Flex, but not this one!!! The one at the estate sale was more like this one but I am still very happy with mine!

Attachments

• oak library.jpg
    oak library.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 19

Tremsi

Rough_Rock

Wow! That’s gorgeous!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great table @LorettaB, it’s in such great shape too!

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Great table @LorettaB, it’s in such great shape too!

Helpful hint from the gentlemen who sold the table to me....he said that once a year that I need to go to Home Depot or Lowe's and get Howard's Restore-A-Finish in Golden Oak and use on it to maintain the wood. He was really particular about it. He was so particular (peculiar) that when I said I could be there at 11:30 or shortly after, he texted me at 11:38 just as I was rolling into the subdivision "I don't see you." But I got my table and that's all that matters. Y'all.....only me.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay not jewelry obviously, but I’m very excited about my new curtains. I found these at Savers for $5 a panel, we have a large bow window in the front. Two things, it’s tough to find six matching panels and at the right length because we have an electric baseboard heater under the window.

CC939E15-A123-4071-8487-66E357ABD895.jpeg

BBF68D46-2D0A-487E-8C0F-D541A1AD2CD3.jpeg

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Okay not jewelry obviously, but I’m very excited about my new curtains. I found these at Savers for $5 a panel, we have a large bow window in the front. Two things, it’s tough to find six matching panels and at the right length because we have an electric baseboard heater under the window.

They're pretty!!!! I just cleaned out and re-did one of the bedrooms in my late mother's small house where we live during the week. I love old roses also!! IMG_0498.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

BBF68D46-2D0A-487E-8C0F-D541A1AD2CD3.jpeg

Pretty! They compliment your gorgeous chandelier.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful quilt @LorettaB! I love a pretty floral quilt.

@stracci2000, thanks! I was so excited to find these curtains. Curtains are expensive, especially when you need six panels!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Helpful hint from the gentlemen who sold the table to me....he said that once a year that I need to go to Home Depot or Lowe's and get Howard's Restore-A-Finish in Golden Oak and use on it to maintain the wood. He was really particular about it. He was so particular (peculiar) that when I said I could be there at 11:30 or shortly after, he texted me at 11:38 just as I was rolling into the subdivision "I don't see you." But I got my table and that's all that matters. Y'all.....only me.

You better get that Howard's stuff, the guy will be checking up on you!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty @Ontheblackrock15 and looks great on you. They look to be mine cuts from the picture? Lovely.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results