shape
carat
color
clarity

Who wants to see my haul from today?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You and @stracci2000 find the best stuff! I’m always excited when I see a new post in this thread!

You are too sweet, I love having something to share, wish I had more!

@stracci2000 is the queen of deals though, I wish I could tag along with her for a weekend!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about a Hoosier for $250? That works for me! The guy who sold this to us said that the woman who owned it was short so she “cut it down” so she could reach the top cabinets

Obviously needs a little paint touch-up but it holds all the cereal and snacks plus bird and cat food. We had to get something to put the cat dishes on that the dogs couldn’t get to, so that’s why the cat dishes are there.
Please excuse the lighting, it is super dark in our kitchen.
F18AF403-D513-44FF-9510-0783534E2A25.jpeg

Last edited:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about a Hoosier for $250? That works for me! The guy who sold this to us said that the woman who owned it was short so she “cut it down” so she could reach the top cabinets

Obviously needs a little paint touch-up but it holds all the cereal and snacks plus bird and cat food. We had to get something to put the cat dishes on that the dogs couldn’t get to so that’s why the cat dishes are there.
Please excuse the lighting it is super dark I’m our kitchen.
F18AF403-D513-44FF-9510-0783534E2A25.jpeg

I love this! Maybe I need one, too. And that was a great price!
We can all use extra space in the kitchen.
PS--I think I see a doggie tail

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000 you do indeed see a doggie tale and you for sure need one of these. You know I didn’t even realize that the apartment I grew up in had no upper wall cabinets, the only cabinet we had was under the sink. Everything got stored in the pantry, so Hoosier cabinets were designed as storage back in the day since wall cabinetry was not a thing yet.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You ever just buy something because it speaks to you, like there is something special about it?

I came across this enamel locket this morning, it’s silver and amazingly that little dangle part on the bottom is still there. Beautiful picture on the inside, and initials engraved on the back, I imagine this was a treasured piece for someone.

B0FBA642-0432-4DD0-A84F-B11A228B501B.jpeg 0D6ECCC7-7057-4756-AC62-24EFF2E06C00.jpeg 9B29E3EB-174C-42D8-8F2C-24DB4BDCB46F.jpeg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
You ever just buy something because it speaks to you, like there is something special about it?

I came across this enamel locket this morning, it’s silver and amazingly that little dangle part on the bottom is still there. Beautiful picture on the inside, and initials engraved on the back, I imagine this was a treasured piece for someone.

B0FBA642-0432-4DD0-A84F-B11A228B501B.jpeg 0D6ECCC7-7057-4756-AC62-24EFF2E06C00.jpeg 9B29E3EB-174C-42D8-8F2C-24DB4BDCB46F.jpeg

Thats gorgeous @YadaYadaYada I love it!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gahhhh!! Dying here!
It's got all the right stuff! Sterling, guilloche enamel, engraving......
Online sale or flea market? Do you actually have it?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @MamaBee, it was just one of those things, had to have it.

@stracci2000, this was actually an Etsy find and it was on sale so that worked out. I was looking for comps for an enamel locket when I came across it. I haven’t seen many of these with the profile on the front.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @MamaBee, it was just one of those things, had to have it.

@stracci2000, this was actually an Etsy find and it was on sale so that worked out. I was looking for comps for an enamel locket when I came across it. I haven’t seen many of these with the profile on the front.

It is along the lines of those guilloche enamel pocket watches that I love so much!
I don't know why, but guilloche enameling makes me drool.
I wish I could afford a really great compact or cigarette case,
but they go for $$$.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is along the lines of those guilloche enamel pocket watches that I love so much!
I don't know why, but guilloche enameling makes me drool.
I wish I could afford a really great compact or cigarette case,
but they go for $$$.

I know exactly the appeal, I actually found a couple of “eggs” or “balls” (I know there is a better name for this) and they hold perfume. They were all enamel with a matching sterling necklace with enamel stations:kiss2:

Mercari is a good place to find stuff like this but you have to be fast and persistent.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000 is this an example of what you’re looking for?

Oh and I never answered your question before, I don’t have the locket yet, it’s on the way

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000 is this an example of what you’re looking for?

Oh and I never answered your question before, I don’t have the locket yet, it’s on the way

Yes, but in sterling. Sometimes the sterling is not really machine cut, but stamped under the enamel. That process is called 'basse taille', not 'guilloche'.
I like these two. I'm waiting to stumble across one of these for $20.00!
1605994109771.png
1605994231225.png

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I didn’t know there were different names for the type of enamel. Hmm I guess we will have to see what this locket looks like in person.

If I find a promising looking compact I will let you know @stracci2000!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I didn’t know there were different names for the type of enamel. Hmm I guess we will have to see what this locket looks like in person.

If I find a promising looking compact I will let you know @stracci2000!

I suspect that yours is true guilloche because the pattern looks really tiny and intricate. A stamped piece will not have tiny and crisp detail.
When you receive it, and you inspect the enamel work, you will know right away if it is cut by machine or stamped out.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Yes, but in sterling. Sometimes the sterling is not really machine cut, but stamped under the enamel. That process is called 'basse taille', not 'guilloche'.
I like these two. I'm waiting to stumble across one of these for $20.00!
1605994109771.png
1605994231225.png

I received a box of my grandmothers things. She went to high school in the 20's. I have a gold compact with rouge and a little mirror and I love to open it and smell the cheek powder. It smells lovely after 100 years. I always feel closer to her.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada
Here is a short video of the guilloche and enameling process.
Click on the first underlined sentence to go to youtube.

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That was an interesting read and video. I had no idea there were so many different kinds of enamel.

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
Not too sure where to post this little find of mine from this week but thought this group might appreciate it. It’s a 1930s Cartier pendant/fob Perpetual calendar that opens to a full sized gold stock broker’s mechanical pencil. It’s just about the neatest unexpected find I’ve stumbled across. EA0EC377-742C-4C51-ABE5-F7BEDDF6FF1B.jpeg C1C53F10-CB23-4920-AEB8-FE7E7D8080E8.jpeg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not too sure where to post this little find of mine from this week but thought this group might appreciate it. It’s a 1930s Cartier pendant/fob Perpetual calendar that opens to a full sized gold stock broker’s mechanical pencil. It’s just about the neatest unexpected find I’ve stumbled across. EA0EC377-742C-4C51-ABE5-F7BEDDF6FF1B.jpeg C1C53F10-CB23-4920-AEB8-FE7E7D8080E8.jpeg

Now THIS is different!! Amazing!
Is this an internet find?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that’s pretty awesome @Keeliamira! Would love to hear the story of how you found it!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to send an extra special Thanksgiving wish to all the haulers and readers!

B9BA5C55-2650-413C-B587-35C1FF78D961.jpeg

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
Now THIS is different!! Amazing!
Is this an internet find?

@stracci2000 Yes! Internet for the win!!

Wow that’s pretty awesome @Keeliamira! Would love to hear the story of how you found it!

@YadaYadaYada I was trolling one of my fave net sites for resale goods and stumbled on it because I was hunting for decent Old/heavy plated watch chains with working dog clips and rings and this was attached to a chain I bought for a song. Not only was the watch chain solid white and yellow gold with hallmarks, but this beauty of a fob was just waiting to be discovered. I had no idea what is was, and obvi the seller didn’t either. I feel like a spy when I pull the pencil out because of how concealed it is and how small the whole thing becomes. I love treasure hunting on the net! ❤ Also, I’m recovering from pretty major Nuro vascular surgery so I had plenty of time to do nothing but net crawl LOL.
The only downside is that it is quite heavy. North of 30 g for just the fob. And unfortunately, too heavy for me to wear due to my medical stuff.

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium

@YadaYadaYada I was trolling one of my fave net sites for resale goods and stumbled on it because I was hunting for decent Old/heavy plated watch chains with working dog clips and rings and this was attached to a chain I bought for a song. Not only was the watch chain solid white and yellow gold with hallmarks, but this beauty of a fob was just waiting to be discovered. I had no idea what is was, and obvi the seller didn’t either. I feel like a spy when I pull the pencil out because of how concealed it is and how small the whole thing becomes. I love treasure hunting on the net! ❤ Also, I’m recovering from pretty major Nuro vascular surgery so I had plenty of time to do nothing but net crawl LOL.
The only downside is that it is quite heavy. North of 30 g for just the fob. And unfortunately, too heavy for me to wear due to my medical stuff.

Would love to see the chain as well!!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is so interesting! If it's Cartier, I'm assuming it's gold.
What a score!!

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
Would love to see the chain as well!!

Sure thing! Here’s a pic of the chain with one of my Georgian crystals hanging from it. It may be hard to tell with the lighting, but the clasps are yellow and the chain is white gold.
23B5205E-99A7-449C-8D71-66A604BBC299.jpeg

This is so interesting! If it's Cartier, I'm assuming it's gold.
What a score!!

While I wish it was solid gold, Cartier actually made two versions of this fob in the 1930s and 40s. One was solid 18k and one was vermeil. This one is the vermeil version but still a great find. Solid gold one would be $5k+, the vermeil sold at auction about a decade ago for almost $1500. Anyone have a stockbroker in their life needs this fob LOL?

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Sure thing! Here’s a pic of the chain with one of my Georgian crystals hanging from it. It may be hard to tell with the lighting, but the clasps are yellow and the chain is white gold.
23B5205E-99A7-449C-8D71-66A604BBC299.jpeg

While I wish it was solid gold, Cartier actually made two versions of this fob in the 1930s and 40s. One was solid 18k and one was vermeil. This one is the vermeil version but still a great find. Solid gold one would be $5k+, the vermeil sold at auction about a decade ago for almost $1500. Anyone have a stockbroker in their life needs this fob LOL?

Stunning! Love it!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results